Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Anxiety?

Normally, I subscribe to South Park's views on anxiety. Everybody has it.

However, you know that feeling you get when a cop lights you up even if you're not doing anything wrong? Your stomach sinks, your heart sinks / races, etc.

I just can't shake that. It's a miserable feeling. Pretty sure it's not heartburn. But whatever it is, I could sure do without it.

Anybody else get this?

However, you know that feeling you get when a cop lights you up even if you're not doing anything wrong? Your stomach sinks, your heart sinks / races, etc.

I just can't shake that. It's a miserable feeling. Pretty sure it's not heartburn. But whatever it is, I could sure do without it.

Anybody else get this?

You're a dindu?

I know exactly the feeling youre talking about. I compare it to a persistent feeling Im forgetting something or didnt do something I was supposed to do. Happens to me less now that Im older, married and a dad.

Regular exercise and quality sleep is the best way I have to manage it. Drinking etc. always made it worse in the long run.

• Like 1

Do. In my profession, I deal with clients and public agencies everyday, all day, and failure isn't an option. My anxiety level isn't as high as it once was, but it's still there. I have to keep a real close eye on my off hours drinking.

When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when it's dark

Anybody else get this?

This is not normal, there are Meds for that and it is covered by ACA.

This anxiety is the source of your back pain. Read Healing Back Pain by John E Sarno and see your Dr. about your anxiety. Your anxiety is also a source of your anger.

This is not normal, there are Meds for that and it is covered by ACA.

This anxiety is the source of your back pain. Read Healing Back Pain by John E Sarno and see your Dr. about your anxiety. Your anxiety is also a source of your anger.

Thanks Jerry.

No never. I don't worry about things I can't control.

Nope. I just get it done for the most part, or don't. I don't take time to ponder.

My biggest factors are diet and exercise. If I am eating well and working out, I never notice anxiety. If I am eating poorly, and no exercising, it can get pretty rough. If I am not treating myself well and then drink on top of it, the next morning I feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest

• Like 1

Lifes kinda getting out of control, I think. I dont know if you agree with me..would you hand me that ashtray? What it is I know youve heard the word a thousand times, Its a rat race. I went through the contortions of hell, I have alcoholic seizures. Wind up in the hospital and everthing else. Now Im sick and Im shaking like a leaf. It was like silly puddy and they threw him in the car, the paddy wagon and beat him to death. I hit one of those and I knocked the front wheel off into outer space and I kinda got angry myself and I said, Have a lot of guns. I like salad, I just had a nice salad. Baked potato, some cream cheese and chives.

Regular exercise and quality sleep is the best way I have to manage it. Drinking etc. always made it worse in the long run.

This. Also, get out more and stop spending so much time on a low rent forums.

Any anxiety I have these days is caused by business worries

My fear is mostly irrational, but sometimes it feels like my whole life could unravel with one little misstep.

Whenever I start feeling that way, I go back and listen to the audiobook Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie.

Its old fashioned and sometimes trite, but the message is clear and and sensible.

Helps me regain perspective.

• Like 2

My anxiety isn't tied to any thought life occurrence consciously. It just builds up below the surface and I don't even know it until it just hits me. It's weird because any time it has gotten really bad, I couldn't point to anything that I knew was really causing it to go that far

I have had it 3-4 times in my life. The worst was 2 summers ago where it lasted about 10 days. Constant worry about nothing specific, heart palpitations. I would try to go for a run and after 2 minutes my heart would feel like it was going to explode. I started carrying my ID with me in case I dropped dead on the side of the road they could identify my body. It was even worse trying to fall asleep, tossing and turning, heart racing, afraid to take a sleeping pill because I thought I might not wake up.

I have no idea what I did to get rid of it.

Googling panic attacks when you are in the middle of one is not productive :lol:

I have had it 3-4 times in my life. The worst was 2 summers ago where it lasted about 10 days. Constant worry about nothing specific, heart palpitations. I would try to go for a run and after 2 minutes my heart would feel like it was going to explode. I started carrying my ID with me in case I dropped dead on the side of the road they could identify my body. It was even worse trying to fall asleep, tossing and turning, heart racing, afraid to take a sleeping pill because I thought I might not wake up.

I have no idea what I did to get rid of it.

Googling panic attacks when you are in the middle of one is not productive :lol:

google-ing ANYTHING health related only makes things 100x worse.

Yeah. I used to Have full blown panic attacks for no reason. Short breath. Dizzy. Chest pain.

Thought it was a heart thing. Went to a cardiologist. Turned out to be anxiety.

Took pills for a while. They just numbed me out. Turns out, fixing my shitty life was the answer.