Sign in to follow this  
minuteofdecay

Full keeper league

When do you cut bait with barely startable guys just to have a late late pick in a draft. Perfect example would be Cordarrelle Patterson, has talent but is pretty worthless but then gets traded to the Patriots. Do you hold and hope that it becomes clear to him on how to play or cut and him and draft some rookie in the 7th rd of a rookie draft that probably isn't even in football in 3 years. Where is the line for you?

Unless you get yardage points for the return game Patterson is not roster worthy IMO even on the Pats. I'd rather take a chance on a rookie and hope I can find someone who has the potential to contribute to my team.

Unless you get yardage points for the return game Patterson is not roster worthy IMO even on the Pats. I'd rather take a chance on a rookie and hope I can find someone who has the potential to contribute to my team.

I dunno right now hes the only deep threat consideration, I would hang for now

I've aways used the. "If I have to think about it. Or, talk myself into it" theory. Than I just cut bait.

No only get any tds from the return game. My thinking is, is he better on the pats then some rookie on some only team? I realize he is in no way a good wr. But Im having a hard time deciding if a player drafted around 95th out of rookies would be better.

What is the make or break point to keeping players?

When do you cut bait with barely startable guys just to have a late late pick in a draft. Perfect example would be Cordarrelle Patterson, has talent but is pretty worthless but then gets traded to the Patriots. Do you hold and hope that it becomes clear to him on how to play or cut and him and draft some rookie in the 7th rd of a rookie draft that probably isn't even in football in 3 years. Where is the line for you?

Honestly it really depends on the rules of scoring in your league. (and also how deep your league is)

as mentioned before, he is largely a special teams guy, and if your league gives points for special teams performance, he may be worth keeping.

But unless it looks like he will be a starter in that offense, it's tough to predict a big season there. Its not impossible. Belichek likes to take other teams castoffs and make players out of them. his upside is likely that of a WR3 unless special teams yards score decent points in your league. But he is more likely to be worth a WR4 or WR5.

for me I don't think I'd be inclined to keep him in most formats.

• Like 1

Basically you have two paper bags in front of you.

One is a known turd.

The other is a mystery. Pretty good chance its also a turd. But who knows, could be a diamond.

Id go with the rookie.

Basically you have two paper bags in front of you.

One is a known turd.

The other is a mystery. Pretty good chance its also a turd. But who knows, could be a diamond.

Id go with the rookie.

Lol yes your right I had him on my cut sheet then he is traded to the Pats and I get the 1st rd potential feelings again...maybe Brady can fix him?