Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Where does Joe Mixon get drafted?

I actually thought of a situation with better precedent. Carlos Hyde hit a woman in college, prior to the draft. He didn't have his eligibility suspended so I guess Mixon shouldn't either.

I seriously hope my team doesn't draft him.

• Like 1

I just can't see him falling into the 3rd.

Me neither. 81 was a post bump. 81st post and the top of page 3.

Just a cheap plug and play for the most talented RB in the draft.

My humor failed, his skills won't.

I did not even get the reference. Sorry. I thought that was the overall pick you were guessing. Lol

sounds like his meeting with my hometown Vikes went very well at his pro day, so could very well be in the mix for when we get on the clock for the first time in middle Rd 2.

Colts? They need defensive help in the first. I can't see them taking a rb in the first or second with all of their needs.

Colts? They need defensive help in the first. I can't see them taking a rb in the first or second with all of their needs.

I guess you could say the same thing last year about the Cowboys needing defensive help and Ramsey sitting there for him, yet they still took the RB and it paid off.

I think the RB position is fair game again to go early

Clocked at 4.43 at his Pro day.

Edit: and that's at 6'1 226

I do not know exactly how this pro day is being run, so in that sense I would be talking out of my a$$ in relation to this one, but.......

In a general sense you will get an official timer associated with the university. Said timer may be on the accurate side or not. You will get a number of NFL team representatives with stop watches. It could be the 70 yr old coach, whose reflexes are shot it could be the 25 yr old scout. Said representative may have had too much to drink the night before and be on a 50 different venues in 30 days tour............... or not.

The agent, if its a big time prospect, will likely have a timer there as well.

The info that first makes it out and gets reported on the wires tends to win the day for the public but it may be accurate or not. If I was going to include info from a pro day anything timed would be the least likely to be accurate IMO. So that's 40, 3 cone, all the splits, etc

So the official time for Mixon's 40 was 4.50 not 4.43, still very good of course but .07 and .07 there and he is a different tier of athleticism some would have you believe.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000791366/article/joe-mixon-runs-450-40yard-dash-at-oklahoma-pro-day

I'm sure the 4.43 that got immediately sent out to the wires was on behalf the agents timer, or maybe it was the 70 yr old coach who is a little slow on the trigger................that's how the pro day game is played and why its not comparable in any fashion with the combine. Don't trust the numbers or even the "scout reports" which are later setup by agents with media in many cases. I'd say Pro Days are almost useless to anyone who isn't there and that's why teams send their own reps all over the country to see guys they have interest in....its one of the few opportunities to take advantage of info you obtain were others are being mislead in many cases...the NFL version of insider trading. All eyes on the combine and the level playing field makes it of value for us non-insiders.

• Like 1

Would agree, he would be a good fit for the Colts.

Would agree, he would be a good fit for the Colts.

one thing to remember with the Colts though is they have a new to the organization, first time GM in Chris Ballard.

Maybe he's too apprehensive about hanging his reputation and image on Mixon as his first selection. The players, fans and sponsors don't have a relationship with him yet, so he'd become an easy target for heavy criticism, and maybe he's not ready to take that type of risk yet.

or could be the exact opposite and he wants to immediately put his stamp on the team. and he is coming from the Chiefs, who are the new poster child for taking redemption projects after their past 2 drafts.

could go either way.

I would imagine he could if he wanted.

That would be a real deterrent. Cost him millions of dollars. I bet the prospect of coating oneself millions of dollars would make them more likely to find an alternative than to use force against women

Goodell can't do ANYTHING to him.

He would fit in nicely with Luck.

I think that's a good prediction.

He would fit in nicely with Luck.

I think that's a good prediction.

Eagles might snipe him one pick before.

True the Eagles could pick him.

But i his matchup with the Colts more.

That is neither here nor there. DON'T START NONE AND THERE WON'T BE NONE. She attacked him. Any violence after that was a result of her actions. Not only that. She deserved to have her face broken. To think that you can walk up and hit someone without repercussions is absurd.

by your own logic Mixon started it when he followed her indoors...

I think the guy is a sack of , but I would be happy to have him on my Lions; I don't give a what players do outside of the stadium.

by your own logic Mixon started it when he followed her indoors...

I think the guy is a sack of ######, but I would be happy to have him on my Lions; I don't give a ###### what players do outside of the stadium.

as would I. He can catch the ball. If he can pass protect he can play any or all 3 downs.

"He could have killed her with that hit." Really?!? So, a college RB's mitts are as dangerous as Mike Tyson's... :nono:

Dude, he knocked her the out. His fist was at ear level coming in a downward arc. She was probably out before she started to fall, which means she could've landed fast first on the floor, or worse yet hit the edge of that table. He broke four bones in her face. Yeah, he could've killed her.

100 hours of community service? One year probation? Give me a break. I'm more pissed because I think he was going to hit the gay kid, and the girl intervened.

This league acts with a shite ton of ambiguity at times, especially the ass-hat commissioner. But it's been on a national campaign against domestic violence. What clearer message could it send out to young kids out there, than to blackball this kid from playing? Of course, that's a rhetorical question, but no less a stark one.

as would I. He can catch the ball. If he can pass protect he can play any or all 3 downs.

Football-wise he's hands down the best back in the draft.

While I like Fournette better, there are whispers that his ankle problems are chronic.

While I like Fournette better, there are whispers that his ankle problems are chronic.

Come to the darkside Frozen. Mixon might be a knuckle head, or maybe even considered worse. But he's the top RB talent for 2017.

Come to the darkside Frozen. Mixon might be a knuckle head, or maybe even considered worse. But he's the top RB talent for 2017.

You will not convince me of that. I still like the potential though. Picking at 1.03 he may be there for me to grab.

Dude, he knocked her the ###### out. His fist was at ear level coming in a downward arc. She was probably out before she started to fall, which means she could've landed fast first on the floor, or worse yet hit the edge of that table. He broke four bones in her face. Yeah, he could've killed her.

100 hours of community service? One year probation? Give me a ###### break. I'm more pissed because I think he was going to hit the gay kid, and the girl intervened.

This league acts with a shite ton of ambiguity at times, especially the ass-hat commissioner. But it's been on a national campaign against domestic violence. What clearer message could it send out to young kids out there, than to blackball this kid from playing? Of course, that's a rhetorical question, but no less a stark one.

Fair points on the physicality of the incident, I won't argue those.

But Goodell just flat out doesn't have grounds to do that. I know people like to think Goodell has carte blanche when it comes to discipline action (Goodell himself probably included in that) but he has consistently been overturned by the courts on issues when he overstepped his authority. This would fall in that same group, as the incident happened prior to being a league member, meaning Goodell doesn't have jurisdiction to handle it. He would get overturned in court again, and that would look worse than him just doing nothing.

May be frustrating for people that really want to clean up the league and get guys like this out, but there still has to be a process and consistency.

Wow Mick right on.

Love your post lots of passion.

Thanks.

If Mixon didn't have the you know what on his record, people would be talking about him as a top-20 pick.

Someone...could spend a top 45 pick on him. If they do, it's difficult to envision a situation where you don't consider him as a legit 1.01 option.

Fair points on the physicality of the incident, I won't argue those.

But Goodell just flat out doesn't have grounds to do that. I know people like to think Goodell has carte blanche when it comes to discipline action (Goodell himself probably included in that) but he has consistently been overturned by the courts on issues when he overstepped his authority. This would fall in that same group, as the incident happened prior to being a league member, meaning Goodell doesn't have jurisdiction to handle it. He would get overturned in court again, and that would look worse than him just doing nothing.

May be frustrating for people that really want to clean up the league and get guys like this out, but there still has to be a process and consistency.

You are 100% correct, but if nobody drafts/signs the kid what can you do? I live in Dallas, and I think most of the 'problems' Greg Hardy created here to be slightly ginned up by the team and media to a certain degree. They did not re-sign him in my opinion because his on field performance did not merit the hit they were taking. All 31 other teams followed suit. I may be wrong about that, but I'll guarantee you there weren't 100 defensive ends in the NFL better than Greg Hardy AT THAT TIME.

You are 100% correct, but if nobody drafts/signs the kid what can you do? I live in Dallas, and I think most of the 'problems' Greg Hardy created here to be slightly ginned up by the team and media to a certain degree. They did not re-sign him in my opinion because his on field performance did not merit the hit they were taking. All 31 other teams followed suit. I may be wrong about that, but I'll guarantee you there weren't 100 defensive ends in the NFL better than Greg Hardy AT THAT TIME.

I am going to tell you right now. Despite the BS that teams have said in public there is absolutely ZERO chance he goes undrafted. None.

• Like 1

I think the keys here are age and time....................as talented as Mixon may be I think we are talking about him going undrafted if this happened a few months ago. I also think we are talking about most NFL teams flat cutting him if he lead the league in rushing and was 26 and it just happened.

It happened at a young age, time has elapsed, and interviews of people around him during the time since the incident are putting him in the second chance category.

I definitely agree with that, because it's a market based effect though. I don't like unnecessary regulations in any type of business, especially in instances like Goodell that have zero checks and balances.

I don't think Goodell has merit to unilaterally make a decision, but if all the owners want to ban together and commit to not signing/drafting players with certain red flags, then I'm completely fine with that.

It's not going to happen though. And to be honest, if teams actually wanted to make a stand and do that, Mixon shouldn't even be the poster child for this. Go read Tyreek Hill's arrest report and try to tell me that what Mixon did was worse than what Hill (a pro bowl player in year one that almost nobody associates with his crime) did. Hill's report is disgusting, involving serious and calculated beating of his pregnant girlfriend. I don't need a video to know that's worse than cold c@cking a random girl in a restaurant while both were being drunk and disorderly.

If Hill is allowed in the league, then there's really no grounds for keeping Mixon out.

I can't argue that.

I keep seeing the Lions, Bengals, and Vikings as teams really enamored with Mixon. What would be the best fit. Lions?

of those three, the lions.

That makes no sense. The lions are required by law to draft wide receivers with their first 4 picks. Its called Millens law.

• Like 1

Panthers, Saints, Colts.

Those three teams are the three I would like to see him playing for.

I don't think he makes it past Philly in the second round.

If he and Dalvin Cook are on the board...it's going to get very interesting in Philly...

Greg Hardy is a POS, who beat his GF / hit her WAY MORE than once that Mixon did.

Oh - and Hardy threatened to kill his GF - including throwing her on a bed with around a dozen guns on it... :shocking: