Sign in to follow this  
envoy9

Need 2nd Round help

OK, I'm in a very competitive 12 team league. We start 2QBs, 2RBs, 4WR/TE, K, DEF. Note that the 2QB rule significantly increases the values of QBs. Scoring is standard except receptions =0.5 pts.

I have 3rd overall, so my first pick is easy. I'm not sure what to do with the 2nd round. Because we require 2QBs, there will be some owners that take QBs in the 2nd round. There is a strong chance that a guy like Brian Westbrook or Rubeon Drouhins will be there for me in the 2nd.

So my question is, do I grab someone like one of those 2 RBs for my second RB, or do I take a stud WR or a stud QB?

Tough for me to say, since I never played in a 2QB system. However, I would probably take Manning if he's there (probably won't be) or a S. Smith, TO, CJ, Holt, Harrison Type.

With the number 3 pick, (TJ,SA,LT) you can take a chance on a sleeper later in the draft.

Also, depending on your risk tolerance, you could take Palmer if he's out there and just suck-it-up the first couple weeks if he is still out.

In a 12 team 2 QB league, QB are very valuable. They will fly off the board, so be aware of that, if you don't take your first in the 2nd you will almost have to in the 3rd. In my league last year we had 4 QB taken in the FIRST round (Peyton, TGreen, McNabb, and Brady), it was also our first year with 2 QB and we had eight teams, not 12 (we have since gotten rid of this system, because we expanded to 10 teams). I am not a fan of the 2 QB leagues, once you get over ten teams because some teams are left with a QB3 that is not even a starter on his own team.

Stud RB is better than Starting QB is better than Stud WR in this format, IMO