Sign in to follow this  
Go long

Moss this week

I am very torn about benching him against the Jets this week. My other starter is Ocho and my options to replace Moss are:

Nicks v. INDY

D. Bryant v. CHI

Gaffney v. SEA

J. Jones v. WAS

I hate, HATE benching my studs and Moss has a tendancy to come up big after a slow week....but Revis actually looked pretty good last night despite not playing all pre-season...

I will probably keep Moss in my lineup....and get burned.

ya well didnt boldin just have over 100 yards yest??

Good point. Pats running game not as much as a threat as BAL so not sure how more pass focus will affect that.

Boldin got most of his yardage against Kyle Wilson, the rookie from Boise State, rather than against Revis though. I would think that Revis will affect Moss--who is already kind of a hot and cold performer--more than he affected Boldin.

That said, about the only guy you listed who I might chance a start on other than Moss would be Dez Bryant, but like you mentioned, it's tough to bench your studs--even if you get burned.

Revis didn't spend much time on Boldin. Instead, nickel back Kyle Wilson was most often asked to cover Boldin. Big, underneath receivers can do OK against the Jets. Unlike Boldin, Moss is more of a downfield threat. And this is where Revis is difficult to beat. So Revis will shadow him. Wherever Moss goes, Revis will be there. So the best play here is Welker.

That said, unless you have another great matchup, I'd go with Moss. Moss is one of maybe two or three receivers who has a shot to beat Revis on any given play. I know Revis has shut him down every time previous, just saying that Moss CAN do it. And since the Jets will probably trust Revis in man on Moss, putting the double team elsewhere, Moss has a chance for some payback.

Further, the way the Jets have been talking, what Brady has said in response, and what's going on with Moss right now, I think you could see several shots downfield.

The problem is who do you start in place of Moss? I'm hoping to pick up Naanee, but starting Naanee in place of Randy Moss? I think I'm in the same spot. I don't really want to start Randy Moss, but the other options don't seem very appealing.

I'm in the same boat. My choices may be a little better...

Donald Driver against BUF but he's a clear #2

Mark Clayton against OAK but Clayton will probably get shadowed by Asomugha

Much depends on how Rex Ryan attacks Brady. Given time, Brady will go down field to Moss. Otherwise, Welker gets the short routes all day. I've heard the Pats O-line is questionable. Any one else heard this?

Naanee at home against Jacksonville might be played in place of Moss at the Jets.

Randy Moss really hasn't done anything that suggests he'd come up with good stats against Revis where as Naanee has the Jacksonville pass defense that allowed big numbers last week to 3 different receivers.