Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

How many Geeks have ever received an inheritance?

Inheritance  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How much was it?

• 1.00 to 10k
    • 10.1K to 25K
    • 25.1K to 100K
    • 100.1K to 1M
    • Greater than 1M
    • Never :sadbanana:

started from the bottom now we here!

never and probably never will...g0ddam poor relatives.

I'll suspect my kids'll get one someday, though.

Sheeeeeet, no way Jose - not in my family.. My parents were the first to have any kind of comfortable money at all, and even they aren't that well off. I might get 10k if/when the time comes from my parents - but they are leaving me their house so I guess I could count that.. My sister is really, really well off - she will be the first to leave a sizable inheritance to my niece.

I got 5 grand when my grandma died. I know she wanted to change her will to give more money to the grand kids but I think my dad talked her out of it.

No specific money just things that provide me income. So...like $35K a year until I decide to sell as well as my grandpas ring

I got my grandfather's dog tags

awww. what breed?

A little from my grandparents and some from the MIL. My parents are still alive, but I am not expecting anything on that. I told them to spend it all. I am still planning on working.

• Like 1

awww. what breed?

Army.. was stationed in japan during Korean war.. literally all I got... it's amazing how fast things get passed out when somebody passes

I estimated between 10 and 25K when my mom passed. But then I remembered she had given my brother and I her house which we had sold for about 100K.

They won't die :mad:

Just kidding... I'll receive some money and part of the vacation house/land on the cape (which looks like will have to be sold in the next few years ) but no rush

Both parents are still alive but I don't expect to get anything.

My dad is well off since inheriting a third of my Grandpa's estate. But I expect he'll go first and everything will go to his wife.

I received about $50K from my Grandpa's estate.

I got my Mom's eyes.

I got some in her eyes

• Like 1

Was at the bar for happy hour talking to my peeps today. This subject came up. One of the guys in there told the story about his uncle who owned Smoothie Kings and sold it to some Japs for 120 million. He had one son and left him a trust fund worth 40 grand a month. The son blows through it all every month. Degenerative gambler and complete pos. When the son passes away, the remaining money is going to Audubon Instiute. There was a clause in his trust that stated that if he had half the Of the money given to him after a certain amount of years, he'd receive the full inheritance. Fawking ahole didn't come close.

Had about 90 grand from my parents estate. Put about half away and used half to remodel kitchen and bathroomand a fee other things. My mother would have wanted that she loved a nice kitchen and having family meals.

I'm just glad debt isn't inherited. My dad is too poor to afford a bankruptcy lawyer and anyone dumb enough to lend him money is getting what they deserve.