Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Trump about to speak for the first time since his Russia Putin canoodling

I'm just going to take a wild guess here that the term DoubleDown is used say, about 50 + times after he stops talking.

Oh Jaysus, I ALMOST fel badly for the guy.

SOMEbody got to him. They basically stapled his nose to some very clear pre-written remarks.

I couldn't make this up:

"Did I say 'I can't see any reason why the Russians WOULD meddle in our election.? I meant:

"I can't see any reason why the Russians WOULDN'T meddle in our election." WOULDN'T. - It's a bit of a typo

(but you said it out loud - without prepared notes - and you weren't reading at the time...)

Ho my God, Just Stop Talking Donald.

MONTHS of him saying the Russians didn't meddle - but now that there's obvious pushback - did I say 'would? I meant 'Wouldn't'. WOULDN'T meddle!

Fawk.

And, of course, he couldn't possibly go 5 words without "NO CoLLUSION!" :doh: :doh:

He didn't say it was a typo. He said "it's sort of a double negative."

That said, :D seems he's picked up this politician thing pretty quickly.

I said "would" but I meant "wouldn't." :dunno:

A couple things:

1. Trump's whole team was there at the PC. THEY heard it. Trump went on Faux a little while later. If they (Or he) thought he had misspoken? He could have corrected it quickly in the Fox interview. You KNOW they would've loved to hear that.

2. Trump THEN Twatted ten times afterward between then and now. NEVER ONCE did he try to correct what the said.

3. The WH put out talking points regarding the trip and the PC. Not a single sentence trying to clarify or correct.

4. Nothing in Trump's history nor in the PC itself was incongruous with Trump's first statement.

- Man, again, I thought he'd be at least better at lying. :doh:

Also -

If he's capable of this kind of screw up at the Press Conference, what the HELL else did he say in the 'private meeting' that he had with Putin?

If nothing else, this is why we can't let this guy have these unattended one on one secret meetings with so much on the table.

Also -

If he's capable of this kind of screw up at the Press Conference, what the HELL else did he say in the 'private meeting' that he had with Putin?

If nothing else, this is why we can't let this guy have these unattended one on one secret meetings with so much on the table.

You're right. He's too rigid.

Oh Jaysus, I ALMOST fel badly for the guy.

SOMEbody got to him. They basically stapled his nose to some very clear pre-written remarks.

I couldn't make this up:

"Did I say 'I can't see any reason why the Russians WOULD meddle in our election.? I meant:

"I can't see any reason why the Russians WOULDN'T meddle in our election." WOULDN'T. - It's a bit of a typo

(but you said it out loud - without prepared notes - and you weren't reading at the time...)

Ho my God, Just Stop Talking Donald.

MONTHS of him saying the Russians didn't meddle - but now that there's obvious pushback - did I say 'would? I meant 'Wouldn't'. WOULDN'T meddle!

Fawk.

And, of course, he couldn't possibly go 5 words without "NO CoLLUSION!" :doh: :doh:

• Like 1

He didn't say it was a typo. He said "it's sort of a double negative."

That said, :D seems he's picked up this politician thing pretty quickly.

I said "would" but I meant "wouldn't." :dunno:

Sure was a double negative, first when he focked up in the press conference, second his focked up attempt to walk it back.

Sure was a double negative, first when he focked up in the press conference, second his focked up attempt to walk it back.

It's great! While you and your ilk are focused like lasers on word choices, bad spelling and optics - OUTRAGE!!! - Trump is keeping his promises, moving policy and all-around just getting ###### done.

You continue to stay focused on the insignificant stuff like he's got you doing. Keeping you guys in a near constant state of hysteria means you won't be getting organized any time soon. Thanks!

You'll get no argument from me. I was just correcting wiff's misstatement. :dunno:

People that voted for Trump didnt see any Russian interference during the election, but they do see a bigger paycheck. Some of them are seeing a paycheck for the first time in a while. MAGA.