• Please log in to reply
1290 replies to this topic

#1281 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 17,171 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

Wait, Federer and Nadal are still the best and winning these? That was a decade or more ago, they are still at it? No younger players have taken the mantle?

I can't think of anyone better to run the country than a reality TV, business mogul blowhard. Apparently, neither could the democrats.

#1282 NewbieJr

NewbieJr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 58,834 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:01 PM

Wait, Federer and Nadal are still the best and winning these? That was a decade or more ago, they are still at it? No younger players have taken the mantle?

Djocavic looked prime to take over, but a few injuries have set him back a bit.  That's what makes Federer so great. His durability. He's the oldest Wimbledon winner of the modern era (whatever the hell that means).  There have been spurts where guys like Nadal and Djocavic were better than him. But it never last for long because they get injured.  Federer just keeps plugging along. I'd love to see him with a 20th Slam.

Mine is small, but the head spins.

#1283 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,294 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

PEDs

#1284 giraldi02

giraldi02

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

PEDs

While I don't believe Fed uses PED's, this is a topic of conversation that has been raised in the tennis community often over the last decade. Hell, Federer was one of the people calling for the ATP and tennis anti-doping to be stronger back in 2012. 

http://www.telegraph...-in-tennis.html

WPIAFP

#1285 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 109,540 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:35 PM

PEDs

Guys that use PEDs get hurt, like your boy Tiger.

#1286 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,294 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Guys that use PEDs get hurt, like your boy Tiger.

ill raise you one lance

#1287 BufordT

BufordT

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

ill raise you one lance

he only got cancer

#1288 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 39,398 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

I could be totally off.. But I feel like it's much easier for the next GOAT to come along in tennis than I do in golf. Why, idk - maybe it just seems easier to dominate in tennis than it does in golf... There is a damn good chance we might not see Jack, or even Tiger, challenged in our lifetimes... Tennis? I would not be surprised to see Rog's records broken before I kick the bucket. :dunno:

#1289 penultimatestraw

penultimatestraw

FF Geek

• Members
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:02 AM

I could be totally off.. But I feel like it's much easier for the next GOAT to come along in tennis than I do in golf. Why, idk - maybe it just seems easier to dominate in tennis than it does in golf... There is a damn good chance we might not see Jack, or even Tiger, challenged in our lifetimes... Tennis? I would not be surprised to see Rog's records broken before I kick the bucket. :dunno:

You are totally off.

#1290 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 39,398 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:15 AM

You are totally off.

I don't know.

In tennis, when you have superstar power - you can pretty much pencil them into the semis of most majors.. Along those lines, I'd love to know how many semi final appearances Rog, Nadal and Djokovic have - I bet it's a ton.. That just isn't the case in golf - so much more rare for a super star to be in one of the final groups come Sunday in a major.

Looking back, before Jack hit the scenes in the 60's, there was only 1 golfer with double digit major wins.. And since the 60's, there have only been 2 to achieve even that... In tennis, the board is flooded with double digit major winners. With 3 active players currently still racking up titles as we speak... The #'s certainly suggest it's more likely to see the next GOAT in tennis than golf, no?

#1291 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 55,294 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

I don't know.

In tennis, when you have superstar power - you can pretty much pencil them into the semis of most majors.. Along those lines, I'd love to know how many semi final appearances Rog, Nadal and Djokovic have - I bet it's a ton.. That just isn't the case in golf - so much more rare for a super star to be in one of the final groups come Sunday in a major.

Looking back, before Jack hit the scenes in the 60's, there was only 1 golfer with double digit major wins.. And since the 60's, there have only been 2 to achieve even that... In tennis, the board is flooded with double digit major winners. With 3 active players currently still racking up titles as we speak... The #'s certainly suggest it's more likely to see the next GOAT in tennis than golf, no?

you killed it...tennis seeds, golf doesn't. They play against everyone and differentiating conditions. Tennis is played in the exact same box every time. The difficulty to dominate is not even close, its golf by a mile.