Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Where does Joe Mixon get drafted?

Every player and coach has said he was a great kid, and the heart and soul of the team. Does that actually mean anything, who the hell knows? But at least it's a small positive when compared to a huge negative as far as the incident goes.

I do not know exactly how this pro day is being run, so in that sense I would be talking out of my a$$ in relation to this one, but.......

In a general sense you will get an official timer associated with the university. Said timer may be on the accurate side or not. You will get a number of NFL team representatives with stop watches. It could be the 70 yr old coach, whose reflexes are shot it could be the 25 yr old scout. Said representative may have had too much to drink the night before and be on a 50 different venues in 30 days tour............... or not.

The agent, if its a big time prospect, will likely have a timer there as well.

The info that first makes it out and gets reported on the wires tends to win the day for the public but it may be accurate or not. If I was going to include info from a pro day anything timed would be the least likely to be accurate IMO. So that's 40, 3 cone, all the splits, etc

One thing is clear, Mixon's agent was in the mix..............

Only one 40-yard dash for Mixon. Scouts were told his agent advised Mixon to stand on his first run, which was in the mid-4.4s

1 reply8 retweets17 likes

Oklahoma wanted him back on the team based on his talent.

So what where they going to say, he's a bad guy with a vicious demeanor, and should be considered dangerous.

No they said he is sweet like chocolate.

So you belive Mixon, the one who has already lied, over the woman, and she deserves to have her face broken because she shoved him?

I look at it like this, if I was Mixons father and I saw the video, there is no reason he could ever give me to make what he did OK.

She lied too. Her initial story was that she never hit him. That he just attacked her. When the video surfaced her story low and behold changed to I hit him but only after he said bad words to me.

It breaks down like this. Don't start none and there won't be none. If she had not hit him. He would not have hit her. This is HER fault. You don't get to instigate violence and then complain when the guy you instigated the violence against is bigger and stronger than you. Fock that shitt. Take some personal responsibility for starting the fight.

She lied too. Her initial story was that she never hit him. That he just attacked her. When the video surfaced her story low and behold changed to I hit him but only after he said bad words to me.

It breaks down like this. Don't start none and there won't be none. If she had not hit him. He would not have hit her. This is HER fault. You don't get to instigate violence and then complain when the guy you instigated the violence against is bigger and stronger than you. Fock that shitt. Take some personal responsibility for starting the fight.

Like I said, some people teach their kids it's ok to be less than a man, an animal if you will. I won't do that and I wasn't raised that way. If you get off on beating up women then I guess there's no swaying you here.

Like I said, some people teach their kids it's ok to be less than a man, an animal if you will. I won't do that and I wasn't raised that way. If you get off on beating up women then I guess there's no swaying you here.

I am not ok with beating up women. I am ok with defending yourself from an attacker. If you are too stupid to understand that then that is on you.

I am not ok with beating up women. I am ok with defending yourself from an attacker. If you are too stupid to understand that then that is on you.

So you are OK with beating women who "get out of line". Got it.

• Like 1

So you are OK with beating women who "get out of line". Got it.

So you have to wear a helmet because you bang your head against the window you just licked. Got it.

His life wasn't on the line, he could have easily avoided any issue if he just man up and walked away.

His life wasn't on the line, he could have easily avoided any issue if he just man up and walked away.

That is neither here nor there. DON'T START NONE AND THERE WON'T BE NONE. She attacked him. Any violence after that was a result of her actions. Not only that. She deserved to have her face broken. To think that you can walk up and hit someone without repercussions is absurd.

I've never even heard of him.

Can Goedel, the Zar of all things NFL, ban him from the draft?? If the incident is comparable to the Ray Rice event then there is precedent. Can he suspend the kid's eligibility?

Can Goedel, the Zar of all things NFL, ban him from the draft?? If the incident is comparable to the Ray Rice event then there is precedent. Can he suspend the kid's eligibility?

I would imagine he could if he wanted.

That would be a real deterrent. Cost him millions of dollars. I bet the prospect of coating oneself millions of dollars would make them more likely to find an alternative than to use force against women

I'm sorry that you feel it's ok to knock out a woman.

I can't agree with you at all

I think everyone should be forgiven, but again I don't see how any man in is right mind can retaliate when hit or even confronted by a woman.

The right manly move is to walk away for her, and think about his future.

I'm not saying there is no way he could be banned, but Ray Rice was an NFL employee subject to the NFL personal conduct policy at the time of his incident, this kid was not. Rice is not banned from football to my knowledge but teams don't deem the benefit of signing him to outweigh the negatives.

Teams are in the process of making the same cost/benefit analysis on Mixon now. The benefit appears to be much larger and whatever one thinks of the incident it happened at a much younger age than Rice potentially giving some teams hope that action was a mistake that doesn't define the man and presumably giving some cover for a good PR team, giving hope of diminishing the cost side.

I think I'm closer to where FBN comes down on the whole issue but at the same time I can remember making the mistake of driving a couple of times when I shouldn't have when I was young. I got home safely and without detection but what if I had killed somebody? I would hope if something bad had happened due to my poor decision, one I can't imagine making now, others wouldn't let it write my life story at age 18. I hope I wouldn't have let it write my story for that matter, that would probably have been the toughest part for me. All that said if I was an NFL GM, I wouldn't draft him....plenty of ways to assemble a winning hand without having to go there.

• Like 1

I'm not saying there is no way he could be banned, but Ray Rice was an NFL employee subject to the NFL personal conduct policy at the time of his incident, this kid was not. Rice is not banned from football to my knowledge but teams don't deem the benefit of signing him to outweigh the negatives.

Teams are in the process of making the same cost/benefit analysis on Mixon now. The benefit appears to be much larger and whatever one thinks of the incident it happened at a much younger age than Rice potentially giving some teams hope that action was a mistake that doesn't define the man and presumably giving some cover for a good PR team, giving hope of diminishing the cost side.

I think I'm closer to where FBN comes down on the whole issue but at the same time I can remember making the mistake of driving a couple of times when I shouldn't have when I was young. I got home safely and without detection but what if I had killed somebody? I would hope if something bad had happened due to my poor decision, one I can't imagine making now, others wouldn't let it write my life story at age 18. I hope I wouldn't have let it write my story for that matter, that would probably have been the toughest part for me. All that said if I was an NFL GM, I wouldn't draft him....plenty of ways to assemble a winning hand without having to go there.

I agree with you and I even said I don't think this means he should be punished forever without any chance of redemption.

If a woman catches you in the chin just right, you're going down. Women are no joke these days. It's sexist not to give them any respect.

It's unmanly to knock a woman out.

Just walk away its that simple, and it can easily be done, pride is the only thing holding anyone back from doing so.

She deserved to have her face broken.

You should make this your new signature.

Somehow, it suits. :bandana:

I'm calling Detroit in round 2 as my official prediction.

OMG I would be so focking happy to have him fall to the lions. We need a run game and mixon can catch the ball.

The team would be admitting Abdullah was a massive mistake at rb.

The team would be admitting Abdullah was a massive mistake at rb.

IMO, not necessarily. Strong competition at something a team feels is important to their philosophy is a very good thing. I also think you need more than 1 RB in a 16 game season (plus playoffs). The cats who have the mentality and can hold up carrying the full load all that time are few and far between.

I think people assume too much when they see a high draft pick allocated to a position, it doesn't mean the current players are no longer in the teams plans....its up to the candidates to sort it out on the field.

IMO, not necessarily. Strong competition at something a team feels is important to their philosophy is a very good thing. I also think you need more than 1 RB in a 16 game season (plus playoffs). The cats who have the mentality and can hold up carrying the full load all that time are few and far between.

I think people assume too much when they see a high draft pick allocated to a position, it doesn't mean the current players are no longer in the teams plans....its up to the candidates to sort it out on the field.

If the Lions were using a 5th rounder I would agree. A second round pick on the least important position for the most part? Especially when they were so high on Abdullah. They picked him over David Johnson.

If the Lions were using a 5th rounder I would agree. A second round pick on the least important position for the most part? Especially when they were so high on Abdullah. They picked him over David Johnson.

Its not the least important position if you have ZERO run game. Also maybe its time to Admit a mistake on Abdullah and Ebron.

I think you are misunderstanding the point I'm trying to make or I'm not making it clear, whichever. Do you really think the Lions took Abdullah with the idea that he would hold up to the rigors of feature RB duty? He is 5 9 200 lbs

Taking another RB now doesn't necessarily change whatever the plans for Abdullah ever were. If Ameer doesn't fumble, stays on the field, there is no reason he and any other RB can't co-exist and both be productive. As much as we want every team to have a full time feature, carry the load RB, there aren't a ton of those guys in the NFL to hold up to it. Nor is it necessarily ideal.

I would agree with the above post.

Watching Abdullah play at Nebraska you can easily see it's not worthy of a rb1 on any team.

But being used in the same role as a Woodhead would be a good move.

Rice is in good standing with the league, and is free to sign with any team at any time.

No team has stepped up to sign him though.

Not precedent.

If a woman catches you in the chin just right, you're going down. Women are no joke these days. It's sexist not to give them any respect.

You're wrong on this. You just are. I don't care if it's Rhonda Rousy who hits you in the chin. A man walks away. A thug does not.

• Like 1

You're wrong on this. You just are. I don't care if it's Rhonda Rousy who hits you in the chin. A man walks away. A thug does not.

This is bullshitt and not applicable to the way the world works today. Sorry that you feel this way but I am not letting ANYONE beat on me. You are a woman till you attack me. then you are just an attacker.

Agree it's hard to find men acting like men today.

And just simply picking up their own pride and walking away.

Instead men today think it's ok to fight a woman.

What happen?

Agree it's hard to find men acting like men today.

And just simply picking up their own pride and walking away.

Instead men today think it's ok to fight a woman.

What happen?

About as hard as it is to find women acting like women.

I don't disagree with that statement.

Rhonda can kill you. If she engages and gets you on the ground she can choke the life out of you.

Let's give women some respect. It machismo to not allow them in the discussion of taking a man out. They can.

Restrain them then. Don't tell me he's not strong enough to do that.

Decking her in the face is BS. End of story.

Alright guys, I think everyone has said there piece and then some about "the incident". Lets focus on the "where does he get drafted" portion of this post and not get bogged down in an arguement about violence between males and females. :cheers:

Alright guys, I think everyone has said there piece and then some about "the incident". Lets focus on the "where does he get drafted" portion of this post and not get bogged down in an arguement about violence between males and females. :cheers:

Right you are.

We know he's definitely NOT going to the Ravens.

In lieu of the Skins recent implosion, fair chance he lands in DC.

Whichever team drafts him, it better have stability in the front office and at head coach.

I could see him getting drafted by a team like Chiefs to be honest. Andy Reid has a history of working very well with players that require rehabilitation.

he lives

Chiefs are a good call. What about the Packers?

Good locations but I'm not sure about whether the draft slots fit. We don't know for sure but I have read there are some teams that think Mixon is a top ten talent equal to Fournette as a prospect less the baggage. I've also read second round is where he is likely to go which makes sense to me, if you think you are getting a top ten type rookie less the baggage discount. So, I'd start by looking at those teams toward the top of the second round.

Cleveland? Possible

S.F. ? Makes sense. I like Hyde a lot and think Shanny will too but he is only under team control 1 more year and Shanny knows how to use 2 RBs

Jax ? Could definitely see it

Chargers? Unlikely with MG, but listed because not out of the realm, they wanna run, lost Woodhead, and don't love the others

NYJ? Maybe

Car? ******************** my spot if they don't take Fournette, which i don't think they will in the end

Cincy? Very possible

N.O.? Could see it

Philly? ********************my second choice if they don't do something in the first

Anyway if you believe the 2nd round is where his baggage discount is fully charged then I don't think he makes to one of those teams at the bottom like GB, KC unless there is a trade up.