Sign in to follow this  
Vince44

Fantasy football: Is it dying?

I am waiting for that league to die. I thought(hoped) it was going to be this year. However, I am not going to be the one that quits. I am in it for the long haul.

Same. I won't be "that guy" but this year is the year where I'm looking to be done. :dunno:

Any famous people on the waiting list?

It depends. Do you call Jack Nicklaus famous? He's a founding member of the clubhouse and designed the chair Djgb13 sits in.

• Like 1

It depends. Do you call Jack Nicklaus famous? He's a founding member of the clubhouse and designed the chair Djgb13 sits in.

Dam man how tf you know? It was supposed to be a secret!

I used to be able to do some research and gain an advantage for the draft. Now everyone comes with practically the same list/cheat sheet/rankings and the draft is completely predictable.

• Like 1

Don't play total points either. Breakdown is the way to go. We switched in 2007 and the best, healthiest team has won almost every year. A few years we had some barn burners the last week.

What is this "breakdown" method you speak of? :unsure:

What is this "breakdown" method you speak of? :unsure:

If you play in a 10 team league, high score of the week gets 9 wins, 2nd gets 8, 3rd 7, and so on. Last place gets zero. 12 team top scorer gets 11, etc. No more scoring 150 and getting nothing because you played the guy who got 160. The consistently good teams rise to the top.

If you play in a 10 team league, high score of the week gets 9 wins, 2nd gets 8, 3rd 7, and so on. Last place gets zero. 12 team top scorer gets 11, etc. No more scoring 150 and getting nothing because you played the guy who got 160. The consistently good teams rise to the top.

Ahhh, I like that. TY

Years ago I played in a non H to H league that took this concept to the next level. We gave out 12 to 1 points for rushing yards, receiving yards, passing yards, points scored, and defense was either yards allowed or points allowed.

Years ago I played in a non H to H league that took this concept to the next level. We gave out 12 to 1 points for rushing yards, receiving yards, passing yards, points scored, and defense was either yards allowed or points allowed.

Holy shite

Ive got a good bit of older guys in my money league who are set in their ways and dont want to change. They like the old fashioned way of playing. But I like a lot of these concepts. Hate scoring high only to play the guy who has the highest score that week (happened at least 3-4 times last year cause my team ended up with the 2nd highest points total for the year).

Still get together in my money league, have beers and a big buffet of food, and cute girls hired to be waitresses and sticker b1tches. Of course its all done at a country club so the guys there typically have more money than your average person so we can al actually split it and be able to get all the bells and whistles for the draft

Of course

Any famous people on the waiting list?

There must be some serious high rollers on that list with a $160 buy in

Main board?

I'm only familiar with this board and the ######### bored

There must be some serious high rollers on that list with a $160 buy in

Yawn. This idiot thinks just cause they have a lot of money that they have to spend exorbitant amounts on everything. Its like he has no concept of money or what people who have a lot of it do with it...hm...🤔

Ive got a good bit of older guys in my money league who are set in their ways and dont want to change. They like the old fashioned way of playing. But I like a lot of these concepts. Hate scoring high only to play the guy who has the highest score that week (happened at least 3-4 times last year cause my team ended up with the 2nd highest points total for the year).

What's the payout? Is it winner take all?

What's the payout? Is it winner take all?

I would tell you. But then Id have to kill you.

I think it is just starting to take off again. Maybe not the way it used to be played but with legal gambling it is only going to become more successful.

I think it is just starting to take off again. Maybe not the way it used to be played but with legal gambling it is only going to become more successful.

Personally, I think its still going strong. A lot of the guys here are older. They have families, jobs, and other commitments that keep them from playing. Same with their league mates. Eventually everyone their age will stop playing. Just like my dad used to love going to sports games. Now hed rather watch it on tv from the comfort of his own home, being able to go to the bathroom if he wants without a line, and enjoy food at his own house.

how come a football site about fantasy football has so many people who don't play it?

Most everyone here used to play :dunno:

I just did my draft slotting last night. I am so amped for my draft next week now. I effin love ffball

Most everyone here used to play :dunno:

I just did my draft slotting last night. I am so amped for my draft next week now. I effin love ffball

I am more a fan duel or draftkings person now. Can win allot of money sometimes.

Quit my main money leagues two years ago. Just wasn't fun anymore. The message boards got more boring as the older guys got older.

I still play in a TD only old school league though. A lot more fun and challenging.

I am more a fan duel or draftkings person now. Can win allot of money sometimes.

Do you win money in the public leagues? I can't win shlt. Although I don't go using algorithms. I win money in my private work league. I love that they invite me back every year.

Do you win money in the public leagues? I can't win shlt. Although I don't go using algorithms. I win money in my private work league. I love that they invite me back every year.

Not very often. I have some better wins playing hockey and even NASCAR racing.

Yeah for it being the middle of August, the main board is dead. Usually there is a reply to a thread popping up constantly.

That is why I am here. I plan to go to the football board when it gets some people.

My enthusiasm was going strong up until the kneeling torpedoed my interest last season. I'd intended to quit this season, but then reconsidered when the NFL went for a half loaf and put out a statement the kneelers would be allowed to stay in the locker room if they don't want to pay their respects to the country but the ones that did come out onto the field would be expected to behave properly.

Ha.

Jokes on me.

• Like 1

I am waiting for that league to die. I thought(hoped) it was going to be this year. However, I am not going to be the one that quits. I am in it for the long haul.

The IBL may die out?

Really?

What's up with that?

The IBL may die out?

Really?

What's up with that?

Surprisingly, I posted more at fflivewire than here, but that site was hacked a couple years ago. Our team should die out any year now.

The league may continue though.

I have a serious question.

If players were kneeling to bring awareness to the lack of support to those who served would the reaction to kneeling be the same? Or, is the real issue many don't think social injustice is real therefore the kneeling is what is taking the criticism?

Head spinner, I know.

If players were kneeling to bring awareness to the lack of support to those who served would the reaction to kneeling be the same? Or, is the real issue many don't think social injustice is real therefore the kneeling is what is taking the criticism?

Head spinner, I know.

I see you are brand new here. This place is pretty divisive when it comes to these topics. I wouldn't expect much rational discussion

I don't think so, just evolving. Draftkings and Fanduel are YUUUUUGGGEEE lol. Like many here have said, the best part is the draft. Now you can draft every week.

I do miss getting together at the bar for draft night. We hung a big board on the wall, got lots of pitchers/wings/pizza/etc, played pool and darts and shut the place down. It was a blast. But other than that, Fanduel and Draftkings is far superior to the old ways IMO.

I'll just have friends over or we can meet at a bar for game day. All of us got our fanduel and draftkings on the phones. Its just different but still a blast.

The IBL may die out?

Really?

What's up with that?

Surprisingly, I posted more at fflivewire than here, but that site was hacked a couple years ago. Our team should die out any year now.

The league may continue though.

It seems every year the powers that be need to replace at least one team, and every year what's left of FFLW scrounges around for at least one owner. I could see the whole thing collapsing in a few years, or maybe getting consolidated into fewer teams.

Head spinner, I know.

Maybe not. But seeing those who served, for the most part, respect and revere the flag and national anthem it wouldn't make much sense. I think if you inserted abortion you might have a good debate going. Like if Tebow was doing it.