Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

The Big Bang Theory

So many people think this is funny.

I think it's:

1) Horribly acted

2) Too incredibly predictable

3) And has some seriously weak actors.

I "get" that humour is subjective, but do you guys really think this is a funny show?

The main guy on the show is so annoying in the GD commercials for the show that I wouldn't get past two minutes.

I think Sheldon is funny as sh!t. And Penny is hot as sh!t. The rest of it is fairly meh.

TBBT is filmed before a live studio audience... The laughter is there, they just might embellish it some...

And from Mayim Bialik...

http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik/mayim-bialik-five-surprising-things-about-working-on-the-big-bang-theory/

We film in front of a live studio audience. We are the last of a dying breed. A ton of shows used to be filmed in front of an audience, but these days, most aren’t. All of Chuck Lorre’s shows, though, are. He thinks it’s important and he’s right. He’s arguably the most prolific and successful producer in TV and I trust his judgment implicitly. And he knows something special happens when an audience is part of the comedy equation. Blossom was done this way, and I love it. It’s exciting, it’s thrilling, it’s incredibly nerve-wracking, and it’s truly the magic for our show, I think. People underestimate the power of a studio audience. And we add no canned laughter. If something isn’t funny to our audience (even if our writers think it is), it gets changed until the audience joins us. Laughs sometimes sound “canned” on TV because they need to be cut off and edited so the show fits into the 22 minute format. Some laughs in the studio go on longer because of reaction shots that never survive the cutting room floor, so laughs have to be edited too. We don’t add any laughter. That’s not what we do. If it’s not funny, it gets fixed until it is. Which is why our tapings sometimes go until 10:30 p.m.!

TBBT is filmed before a live studio audience... The laughter is there, they just might embellish it some...

So you are also assuming that these shows are all done in one take? They are not. Some of the scene take multiple takes. Do you think the audience finds it just as funny every time.? It may be recorded before a live audience but the laughter your here is engineered. Some of it may come from the original filming but it is all recorded laughter added to the video that was filmed.

Good show

I like it. More so the first few seasons though.

It's stupid. I've never been able to watch more than a few minutes of it.

I do like me some Kaley Cuoco though :wub:

So you are also assuming that these shows are all done in one take? They are not. Some of the scene take multiple takes. Do you think the audience finds it just as funny every time.? It may be recorded before a live audience but the laughter your here is engineered. Some of it may come from the original filming but it is all recorded laughter added to the video that was filmed.

Obviously no, but they could take the laugh track from the first take and use it for the take that was the best... Do you consider that a laugh track then?

I think Sheldon is funny as sh!t. And Penny is hot as sh!t. The rest of it is pretty meh.

You think sh!t is hot ?

U R a freak

True, but that little blond has huge ta ta's!!!!

I disagree. NICE but Not Huge

Obviously no, but they could take the laugh track from the first take and use it for the take that was the best... Do you consider that a laugh track then?

They use a laugh track, some may be from the filming but it is a laugh track that they queue when they want laughter and continue it as long as they want.

It's funnier than Modern Family.

That's all I got. :dunno:

Disagree; Modern Family is excellent. Watched it last night for the first time in a long time; I think it was the season ender from last year when the ghey doods got married. The dialog is extremely fast moving with great timing.

Big Bang, meh... I'm an engineer so I'm supposed to like it, but I don't really. Raj and Howard are really good in supporting roles, but Sheldon and Leonard annoy me and aren't very funny. Penny is easy on the eyes but she isn't a very good actress.

It's funnier than Modern Family.

That's all I got. :dunno:

Both Modern Family and Big Bang Theory are good shows...

Both Modern Family and Big Bang Theory are good shows...

Just quoting to maintain proof that posty actually likes something. :unsure:

Just quoting to maintain proof that posty actually likes something. :unsure:

Funny that posty finally approves of something...and it's mindless sitcom garbage :lol:

Funny that posty finally approves of something...and it's mindless sitcom garbage :lol:

I like mindless entertainment at times... Helps winding down...

Brilliant :first:

Just a group of people sitting there, having a disjointed conversation in silence.

Disagree; Modern Family is excellent. Watched it last night for the first time in a long time; I think it was the season ender from last year when the ghey doods got married. The dialog is extremely fast moving with great timing.

Big Bang, meh... I'm an engineer so I'm supposed to like it, but I don't really. Raj and Howard are really good in supporting roles, but Sheldon and Leonard annoy me and aren't very funny. Penny is easy on the eyes but she isn't a very good actress.

Modern Family is way better.

Modern Family is way better.

Never seen it but I hear there a phaggots on the show. Not funny.

kaley cuoco is hot, jim parsons and kunal nayyar are funny. melissa rauch also does it for me

i didnt watch at first because im not into comic books and such but its a pretty funny and witty show even if youre not into that stuff.

someone said it was predictable. what sitcom isnt?

Good show, decently timed humor, good mix of characters. I feel like I have known each one of them at various times in my life, it just resonates.

I watch the reruns on occasion and enjoy them. Like others have said here, great entertainment, great cast of characters. To the haters, don't read too much into it and you should enjoy it. :dunno:

Then again, Mork and Mindy was one of my favorite sit coms growing up

Not a fan. The main character guy has annoyed me since Roseanne. Don't find the blond very hot either. They eat takeout a lot.

Not a fan. The main character guy has annoyed me since Roseanne. Don't find the blond very hot either. They eat takeout a lot.

I have hated that dude since Roseanne too. Such a sniveling little bastard :cheers:

You know you're a dinosaur, right?

I guess I am not Modern enough for that family