Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Raiders to San Antonio?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/oakland-raiders-texas-san-antonio-austin-relocation-stadium-alamodome-011316

I don't think the league would allow it, but San Antonio could easily support a team. It's a big market and they would touch the valley and most of Mexico.

It makes sense, the saints drew incredibly well the year they were there

The colors would match the Spurs. I know that's ghey but I like when cities do that aka Pittsburgh.

Posturing by Davis to see if he can get a better deal. The play for them was LA and that is now off the table. There would be a big relocation fee that would be charged by the league and Oakland would probably have to forego the $100M they are getting to back out of LA.

San Antonio does not have the size and fan base to support an NFL team without cannibalizing revenue from Dallas, so Jerry will never let that happen.

Posturing by Davis to see if he can get a better deal. The play for them was LA and that is now off the table. There would be a big relocation fee that would be charged by the league and Oakland would probably have to forego the $100M they are getting to back out of LA.

San Antonio does not have the size and fan base to support an NFL team without cannibalizing revenue from Dallas, so Jerry will never let that happen.

San Antonio is the seventh largest city in the US, basically double the size of Boston. Considering the TV market reaches halfway through Mexico, it could easily support a team.

San Antonio is the seventh largest city in the US, basically double the size of Boston. Considering the TV market reaches halfway through Mexico, it could easily support a team.

That is based on what areas are part of the city. It is spread out, like Phoenix, Houston and Jacksonville, I think, are. It is not in the top 30 largest media markets in the US, I believe.

While the area is growing, I don't think that it can support a team and not take away revenue from Dallas and even Houston. Given where those owners sit in the NFL pecking order, they are not going to let Oakland move there without paying a huge relocation fee and having a ton of other assurances.

The colors would match the Spurs. I know that's ghey but I like when cities do that aka Pittsburgh.

The blue and white?

That is based on what areas are part of the city. It is spread out, like Phoenix, Houston and Jacksonville, I think, are. It is not in the top 30 largest media markets in the US, I believe.

While the area is growing, I don't think that it can support a team and not take away revenue from Dallas and even Houston. Given where those owners sit in the NFL pecking order, they are not going to let Oakland move there without paying a huge relocation fee and having a ton of other assurances.

Might now be top 30 in the US, but if include Mexico, it's up there

Might now be top 30 in the US, but if include Mexico, it's up there

It is not. It is somewhere between 33 and 37. I am not sure that people are really focusing on selling to Messicans, either. What, with that big wall being put in and all. :lol:

I agree with you 100%

it's ghey. :lol:

It is not. It is somewhere between 33 and 37. I am not sure that people are really focusing on selling to Messicans, either. What, with that big wall being put in and all. :lol:

So if you include Austin and the valley it's only 33-37? Bullshit

Sweet I'd much rather take a destination trip and visit Austin and San antone than that shithole black hole

Sweet I'd much rather take a destination trip and visit Austin and San antone than that shithole black hole

<Oakland City> Pot/Kettle words :mad: </Oakland City>

So if you include Austin and the valley it's only 33-37? Bullshit

I don't make the lists.

This has them at #32: http://www.tvb.org/media/file/2015-2016-dma-ranks.pdf

This has them at #37: http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

The point is that it is more than population and don't underestimate the impact of their proximity to Dallas and Houston.

How far apart are they? Kc is like 3 hrs from stl

How far apart are they? Kc is like 3 hrs from stl

I live in a suburb on the west side of houston. I think I am 2 and a half hours on a Sunday morning from the east side of San Antonio.

During rush hour traffic maybe 5 hours away.

Yeah we don't deal with that much traffic :ninja:

Can see why Oakland would relocate. They had all of OAK and got folks by default from LA. Now you're losing LA to not one but two other teams, which will probably draw away some of you're OAK fan base to boot.

I don't make the lists.

This has them at #32: http://www.tvb.org/media/file/2015-2016-dma-ranks.pdf

This has them at #37: http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

The point is that it is more than population and don't underestimate the impact of their proximity to Dallas and Houston.

But it had Austin at 39, they're the same market

Tell you what - you can call San Antonio the #1 market for all I care.

To have the Raiders move to San Antonio, you need to get 24 owners to say "yes" and then Davis is going to have to pay a relocation fee on top of that, while (probably) having to give back the $100M concession that the league gave them from abandoning LA.

More importantly, you only need 9 owners to say "no" to them moving and I can guarantee you that Houston and Dallas will have no problem getting 7 of their friends to join them in blocking such a move.

90% of all Raiders fans Are either black or Mexican. Now how are you going to find a single Mexican in San Antonio?

Didn't think this would happen as it was. Just wasn't enough buzz in SA for them. Wouldn't have minded it though

WAH WAH

X

Austin is 100 miles from san antonio. You were comparing San Antonio to Boston. Draw a 100 mile radius around Boston and you get the metropolitan areas of hartford and Providence added in.

That list that PFB linked had television markets ranked:

Boston 6

Hartford 30

Providence 52

San Antonio 37

Austin 49

When you compare Boston to San Antonio you are not talking the same animals. San Antonio covers a gigantic area of 412 sq miles. Boston Covers 90 Sq. Miles. Boston's surrounding towns and cities are way more urban than San Antonio.

San Antonio's population density is 2808/sq mile

Boston's is 14,482/ sq. mile

Some of the communities surrounding Boston:

Somerville: 18,681/Sq mile

Chelsea: 15,789/sq mi

Cambridge: 14,236 sq mi

Malden: 11,005 sq/mi

Draw a boundary around Boston that encompasses 412 sq mile and the population would dwarf San Antonio.

Austin is 100 miles from san antonio. You were comparing San Antonio to Boston. Draw a 100 mile radius around Boston and you get the metropolitan areas of hartford and Providence added in.

That list that PFB linked had television markets ranked:

Boston 6

Hartford 30

Providence 52

San Antonio 37

Austin 49

When you compare Boston to San Antonio you are not talking the same animals. San Antonio covers a gigantic area of 412 sq miles. Boston Covers 90 Sq. Miles. Boston's surrounding towns and cities are way more urban than San Antonio.

San Antonio's population density is 2808/sq mile

Boston's is 14,482/ sq. mile

Some of the communities surrounding Boston:

Somerville: 18,681/Sq mile

Chelsea: 15,789/sq mi

Cambridge: 14,236 sq mi

Malden: 11,005 sq/mi

Draw a boundary around Boston that encompasses 412 sq mile and the population would dwarf San Antonio.

I can guarantee you San Antonio has more people than that. There are WAY more illegals than you think. And the stereotypes for them are true. I freakin saw 9 people get out of a dam truck. It had a back seat but these weren't small or average sized Mexicans. Oooooh nooooo. They were fat Mexicans. Pulled up to a taco cabana to get food and they started piling out. I was like :o "how did they fit in there?!"

TThey were just a bargaining tool