Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Which QB of the top 5 in the draft, will have the best career?

Best career  

39 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which QB of the top 5 in the draft, will have the best career?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/20/2022 at 05:38 PM

I guess this could be asked again after the draft.

None of the above, not a buyer of any of them.

I felt the same way about Wentz & Goff though.

:dunno:

None of the above, not a buyer of any of them.

I felt the same way about Wentz & Goff though.

:dunno:

I felt Scam Newton would be a bust and Jamarcus Russell.. Yup, I'm raciss

tough call before knowing the teams they will be on (and even once drafted). what if alex smith went to GB, and aaron rodgers went to SF. it needs to be the right mix of ability and situation.

Darnold fumbled 21 times in 24 starts at USC. How is he a top 10 pick?

Because bad habits for a 19/20 year old can be fixed. He tried to do too much behind a bad offensive line and clueless coaching.

tough call before knowing the teams they will be on (and even once drafted). what if alex smith went to GB, and aaron rodgers went to SF. it needs to be the right mix of ability and situation.

Perhaps. But I doubt thr GB staff taught Rodgers how to sling it 40 yards on a rope to the back shoulder. Doubt they could teach Alex that one.

Brady fumbled once, once!

Perhaps. But I doubt thr GB staff taught Rodgers how to sling it 40 yards on a rope to the back shoulder. Doubt they could teach Alex that one.

rodgers would not have had time in SF to sling it 40 yds. Smith was doing fairly well last season with his longball (due to his focus on that part of his game in the off-season).

i do not believe that their careers would be mirrors of each other. at the time, the 49ers had many deficiencies and smith was asked to step up immediately. i am not certain who could have thrived in that situation. conversely, smith would have been groomed behind a HOF QB with a more stable organization (vs having to learn 8 new systems), with good offensive tools around him.

rodgers would not have had time in SF to sling it 40 yds. Smith was doing fairly well last season with his longball (due to his focus on that part of his game in the off-season).

i do not believe that their careers would be mirrors of each other. at the time, the 49ers had many deficiencies and smith was asked to step up immediately. i am not certain who could have thrived in that situation. conversely, smith would have been groomed behind a HOF QB with a more stable organization (vs having to learn 8 new systems), with good offensive tools around him.

Im with you on the sitting part. That certainly helped. Not lik3 Favre was some tracher tho. He actually said it wasnt his job.

But do you not remember the push back when they shoved Favre out the door? Booing Rodgers? Petitions. Alex didnt have to follow a guy like Favre and get crap fot it.

Not saying 9ers weapons were as good. But everyone thinks rodgers has all these weapons. Cobb jordy and adams were all 2nd round guys. Jermichael Finley? Cook for a half a year? One of the worst running games each year? Fat Eddie Lacy? People get confused. Rodgers has never had great weapons. Solid 2nd round WRs that he made look better than they were.

Just look at Jordys stats last year before Rodgers was hurt and then after.

I bet if we did this same thing last year Deshuan Watson would have got no votes

Im with you on the sitting part. That certainly helped. Not lik3 Favre was some tracher tho. He actually said it wasnt his job.

you still have a stable organization at the time that did have Rodgers (and GBP), best interest in mind.

But do you not remember the push back when they shoved Favre out the door? Booing Rodgers? Petitions. Alex didnt have to follow a guy like Favre and get crap fot it.

i believe the booing was more directed at the organization than rodgers

Not saying 9ers weapons were as good. But everyone thinks rodgers has all these weapons. Cobb jordy and adams were all 2nd round guys. Jermichael Finley? Cook for a half a year? One of the worst running games each year? Fat Eddie Lacy? People get confused. Rodgers has never had great weapons. Solid 2nd round WRs that he made look better than they were.

that starting lineup would be a dream at that time for any qb. rodgers' first year starting he had 1200 from grant, driver, jennings, young jordy, young james jones. i thought lacy did ok in his first year.... 1200 yds in 15 games. 4.1 ypc

Just look at Jordys stats last year before Rodgers was hurt and then after.

alex smith's first year had the support of gore and barlow, but had lloyd, morton, and battle.

The booing was both. Either way a young QB getting the nod and the fanbase is upset and mad they drafted you instead of giving Favre more weapons.

Yeah Grant was solid for him for 2 years.

Like I said im not saying 9ers had better weapons. But Rodgers has been hardly loaded. We can play the same game with Cobb jordy and adams. What would people think of them if they were qith an average QB their whole careers? Packers bring next to no one in through FA. All 3 of those players were 2nd rounders. Jennings a 2nd. Jones a 3rd.

I mean he made a lot of these guys. He and Favre did. Not saying you cant be a top talent in the 2nd round. But plenty of other teams passed on their abilities and none came with bagage concerns to deop them.

But yes of course 9ers were much worse than the Packers as a team. But Rodgers hasnt been stacked with athletic talent

i am shocked that you even think the talent level is remotely close.

after mooch left the 9ers in 02, the team collapsed. smith had a healthy number of HC and OC changes with little talent to work with and no time to be groomed. i

i consider rodgers a lock for HOF and arguably the best in the game right now. i do not believe that smith would hold the same status if had gone to gb, but could still see good production and in the running for SB opportunities. rodgers' development would have been dramatically stunted had he gone to SF at the time.

I think it's going to be Rosen but it could be Mayfield. Whoever it is, I'll be shocked if it's Allen. Allen = Jake Locker v2.0

Of course that means the Broncos are going to draft Allen. Elway loves him a tall, strong, white boy with a big arm.

Whichever one that doesn't go to the Bills :(

You misspelled Browns. :banana:

Which is understandable for a Bills fan. :banana:

• Like 1

after mooch left the 9ers in 02, the team collapsed. smith had a healthy number of HC and OC changes with little talent to work with and no time to be groomed. i

i consider rodgers a lock for HOF and arguably the best in the game right now. i do not believe that smith would hold the same status if had gone to gb, but could still see good production and in the running for SB opportunities. rodgers' development would have been dramatically stunted had he gone to SF at the time.

Ive conceded packers had more talent and of course stability.

9ers had in spurts. Antonio Bryant. What 6th overall vernon davis. Delanie walker. Gore. Loydd had similar stats as cobb or jones. Darrell Jackson. Crabtree what another top 10 pick for him to throw to?

You are forgetting the truth and going by fantasy stats of now. They tried to give him weapons

That 49r defense Smith had was awesome. And Frank Gore was no slouch, nor was Vernon Davis.

I bet if we did this same thing last year Deshuan Watson would have got no votes

No I would have definitely voted for Deshaun Watson. I voted for Lamar Jackson in this poll. Mayfield is my other top choice.

not at all, he was my top ranked QB and someone I had at the top of my target list in DNDL

also no love for Mason Rudolph

May not be the most ready, but Lamar Jackson has the most upside... Give me him.

Depending on where he goes, I actually like Allen. He probably needs to sit a year though. I think he would be ideal for the giants if they trade down a little.

Deshaun Watson had 17 picks in 15 games his last year! :o

Ive conceded packers had more talent and of course stability.

9ers had in spurts. Antonio Bryant. What 6th overall vernon davis. Delanie walker. Gore. Loydd had similar stats as cobb or jones. Darrell Jackson. Crabtree what another top 10 pick for him to throw to?

You are forgetting the truth and going by fantasy stats of now. They tried to give him weapons

The year prior to that 2005 draft the 9ers were 2-14 and had many holes. they slowly started to show improvement, but really did not have much until Singletary's last season. for davis' first two years they had to keep him on the line to pass protect. the truth is that when they starting bringing in these players, the team was still pretty bad ......

That 49r defense Smith had was awesome. And Frank Gore was no slouch, nor was Vernon Davis.

.... until harbaugh was finally able to do something with it. the defense had potential before that strong push but was still middle of the pack (largely due to poor offensive play).

this is a totally different scenario than the GBP team at the time. Many pieces were already in place by the time Rodgers took over 3 years after being drafted.

Its odd this class of qbs has been highly touted for 2 years. Yet a lot of people think the top guys are bums

Its odd this class of qbs has been highly touted for 2 years. Yet a lot of people think the top guys are bums

The more I watch football, the more I think these guys don't know what the hell they're doing.

There are "experts" who thought it was a good idea to draft guys like Jamarcus Russell and Johnny Manziel high. Any random casual football fan should have been able to tell you that those guys were bums.

Reports that the Giants aren't going to draft a QB with the second pick because they still believe in Eli? If they go through with that, Gettleman should be fired on the spot.

The more I watch football, the more I think these guys don't know what the hell they're doing.

There are "experts" who thought it was a good idea to draft guys like Jamarcus Russell and Johnny Manziel high. Any random casual football fan should have been able to tell you that those guys were bums.

Reports that the Giants aren't going to draft a QB with the second pick because they still believe in Eli? If they go through with that, Gettleman should be fired on the spot.

Oh it is a crapshoot. But when rams and eagles traded up for goff and wentz a lot of people thought those 2 werent worth it. They both look good now. We all knew the Eli draft was strong at QB and it panned out. This class has been called very strong. The top 5 guys all bring a different game and a lot of people think they all are bums.

I like this class of QBs.

Oh it is a crapshoot. But when rams and eagles traded up for goff and wentz a lot of people thought those 2 werent worth it. They both look good now. We all knew the Eli draft was strong at QB and it panned out. This class has been called very strong. The top 5 guys all bring a different game and a lot of people think they all are bums.

I like this class of QBs.

Im a big believer in situation. I think where these guys go matters more than anything.

But yeah. Russell and manzeil were easy calls.

Some perplexed me though. I would have bet anything Tim couch was gonna be a stud. I watched him duel with manning in college, and they were right at the same level. Manning had far better talent around him though.

But the Browns. I also thought Joey Harrington was gonna be a good one. But the lions.

Situation is obvious.

David Carr would have been a solid NFL QB if he didn't get drafted by the Texans and their terrible o-line which more or less ruined his career. When you take that many sacks and hits in the first 2-3 years of a carrer and have few offensive weapons at your disposal, how can you succeed?

Would Drew Brees be Drew Brees if he ended up in Miami rather than New Orleans? Would Eli Manning have his super bowls with the Chargers and would Rivers just be a really good NFL QB with the Giants? or would it be Rivers with the rings?

Carson Wentz went into a great situation.

Jared Goff looked like a complete bust in year 1. Then the Rams bring in a new coach, sign Andrew Whitworth, bring in Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins, draft Cooper Kupp and all of a sudden Gurley has holes to run through and Goff looks like a pro bowler. I don't honestly think he is all that great. I think he is somewhere between what we saw in years 1 and 2.

There are so many reason why drafting a RB in the early first makes little sense. Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara are perfect examples as well as the short shelf life of RB's but I have been thinking that with the Browns addition of Landry, if they drafted Barkley 1st overall to guard against the Giants possibly taking him and then grab their QB at 4.... or hell, trade back from 4 and add a corner and some o-line help and just let Tyrod Taylor do his thing..... think about an offense with Jarvis Landry, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, David Njoku, Saquan Barkley..... Tyrod and his wheels could do some serious damage in that situation, or whichever rookie QB they take. Unless they have a really strong conviction about one of these guys, pick 4 would still net them Mayfield, Darnold or Allen. :dunno:

Can't see the Browns taking an RB after signing Hyde and then taking the third best QB at 4.

They could trade with Giants and go 1-2, getting the QB and Chubb or Barkley, but I still don't see an RB. That's a lot of money to tie up in one position.

Im a big believer in situation. I think where these guys go matters more than anything.

But yeah. Russell and manzeil were easy calls.

Some perplexed me though. I would have bet anything Tim couch was gonna be a stud. I watched him duel with manning in college, and they were right at the same level. Manning had far better talent around him though.

But the Browns. I also thought Joey Harrington was gonna be a good one. But the lions.

Stafford didn't have any trouble playing at a franchise qb level for the Lions. Rodney Peete got the Lions to the playoffs. Joey Harrington was an NFL bust, and I don't blame that on the Detroit Lions it's on him.