Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

40 U.S. veterans die while on Phoenix VA hospital's cost-cutting secret wait list

TRUTH. There are a few posters who prove this daily here. It is beyond belief at this point.

So I guess you can then explain what about this was Obama's fault?

Since you all seem that posters can't hold Obama accountable for things that have been going on for years upon years?

Or just going to take the drobeski route and continue calling others lemmings.

BTW...your boy drobs proves he is nothing but a GOP hack on a daily basis...but I doubt you will agree considering you pretty much are little more than a shill for the right too.

Since you all seem that posters can't hold Obama accountable for things that have been going on for years upon years?

You have a hard time forming complete sentences. You are very good at forming incoherent drivel.

Hold Obama accountable for something he had nothing to do with?

For a system that has broken for years upon years?

Thanks for once again proving you are hack for the republican party drobs...always easy to point that out about you.

Or perhaps you can explain how this issue is Obama's fault?

I intend to start that work by making good on my pledge to transform the Department of Veterans Affairs for the 21st century. That's an effort that, under Secretary Shinseki's leadership, all of you have already begun -- conducting a thorough review of your operations all across this agency. And I intend to support this effort not just with words of encouragement, but with resources. That's why the budget I sent to Congress increases funding for this department by $25 billion over the next five years.

With this budget, we don't just fully fund our VA health care program -- we expand it to serve an additional 500,000 veterans by 2013; to provide better health care in more places; and to dramatically improve services related to mental health and injuries like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury. We also invest in the technology to cut red tape and ease the transition from active duty. And we provide new help for homeless veterans, because those heroes have a home -- it's the country they served, the United States of America. And until we reach a day when not a single veteran sleeps on our nation's streets, our work remains unfinished. (Applause.)

- Barack Obama March 16, 2009

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/03/obamas_remarks_on_veterans_aff.html#ixzz31umSU7VX

So I guess you can then explain what about this was Obama's fault?

BTW...your boy drobs proves he is nothing but a GOP hack on a daily basis...but I doubt you will agree considering you pretty much are little more than a shill for the right too.

The Obama administration received clear notice more than five years ago that VA medical facilities were reporting inaccurate waiting times and experiencing scheduling failures that threatened to deny veterans timely health care — problems that have turned into a growing scandal.

Veterans Affairs officials warned the Obama-Biden transition team in the weeks after the 2008 presidential election that the department shouldn’t trust the wait times that its facilities were reporting.

“This is not only a data integrity issue in which [Veterans Health Administration] reports unreliable performance data; it affects quality of care by delaying — and potentially denying — deserving veterans timely care,” the officials wrote.

Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/18/obama-warned-about-va-wait-time-problems-during-20/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS#ixzz32BCZptjP

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Ouch!

That's gonna hurt Sho Nuff a little.

You look adorable in your cheerleader skirt and pom poms.

The Obama administration received clear notice more than five years ago that VA medical facilities were reporting inaccurate waiting times and experiencing scheduling failures that threatened to deny veterans timely health care — problems that have turned into a growing scandal.Veterans Affairs officials warned the Obama-Biden transition team in the weeks after the 2008 presidential election that the department shouldn’t trust the wait times that its facilities were reporting.“This is not only a data integrity issue in which [Veterans Health Administration] reports unreliable performance data; it affects quality of care by delaying — and potentially denying — deserving veterans timely care,” the officials wrote.Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/18/obama-warned-about-va-wait-time-problems-during-20/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS#ixzz32BCZptjP Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Come on guy, let him take his 8 count at least.

1. I don't think this is exactly breaking news. Anybody remember the Walter Reed story?

2. The USG has been F'ing over its neveterans since the civil war. At least we're consistent that way.

3. Not to introduce any element of sanity here, and certainly not to minimize the tragedy of even one veteran's death, but:

I'd be interested in a efficacy / mortality study of these 40 to determine whether more timely treatment would have had a significant affect, and if so, upon how many out of the 40.

4. I wish the finger pointing and political grand-standing would take a backseat to the line below. It sure puts things into perspective and shows where we should be redoubling our efforts with regard to our veterans:

IN THE FIRST THREE MONTHS OF THIS YEAR ALONE, ALMOST TWO THOUSAND OF OUR VETERANS HAVE KILLED THEMSELVES.

Absolutely horrific. GB them all.

I intend to start that work by making good on my pledge to transform the Department of Veterans Affairs for the 21st century. That's an effort that, under Secretary Shinseki's leadership, all of you have already begun -- conducting a thorough review of your operations all across this agency. And I intend to support this effort not just with words of encouragement, but with resources. That's why the budget I sent to Congress increases funding for this department by $25 billion over the next five years.

With this budget, we don't just fully fund our VA health care program -- we expand it to serve an additional 500,000 veterans by 2013; to provide better health care in more places; and to dramatically improve services related to mental health and injuries like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury. We also invest in the technology to cut red tape and ease the transition from active duty. And we provide new help for homeless veterans, because those heroes have a home -- it's the country they served, the United States of America. And until we reach a day when not a single veteran sleeps on our nation's streets, our work remains unfinished. (Applause.)

- Barack Obama March 16, 2009

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/03/obamas_remarks_on_veterans_aff.html#ixzz31umSU7VX

So...he makes a pledge by doing what he can with the budget and getting them extra money over 5 years (well, the budget he submitted in 2009).

Nothing in your link actually shows the issue at hand and the crap that went up was due to anything Obama did.

Yet somehow this "hurts" me by you proving my point that you have zero link to anything Obama did or didn't do that caused this.

You just want to whine about him more...as usual.

The Obama administration received clear notice more than five years ago that VA medical facilities were reporting inaccurate waiting times and experiencing scheduling failures that threatened to deny veterans timely health care — problems that have turned into a growing scandal.

Veterans Affairs officials warned the Obama-Biden transition team in the weeks after the 2008 presidential election that the department shouldn’t trust the wait times that its facilities were reporting.

“This is not only a data integrity issue in which [Veterans Health Administration] reports unreliable performance data; it affects quality of care by delaying — and potentially denying — deserving veterans timely care,” the officials wrote.

Read more: http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/18/obama-warned-about-va-wait-time-problems-during-20/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS#ixzz32BCZptjP

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

And in his budget speech you posted (which was after this)...they laid the groundwork to investigate and improve things.

What happened after that? Are you going to act as if the President himself went to the VA to sit down and fix the issues?

Are you this desperate for things to cry about Obama on?

Seems there are plenty of legit things to lat at his feet rather than to those responsible for this mess over many many years.

1. I don't think this is exactly breaking news. Anybody remember the Walter Reed story?

2. The USG has been F'ing over its neveterans since the civil war. At least we're consistent that way.

3. Not to introduce any element of sanity here, and certainly not to minimize the tragedy of even one veteran's death, but:

I'd be interested in a efficacy / mortality study of these 40 to determine whether more timely treatment would have had a significant affect, and if so, upon how many out of the 40.

4. I wish the finger pointing and political grand-standing would take a backseat to the line below. It sure puts things into perspective and shows where we should be redoubling our efforts with regard to our veterans:

IN THE FIRST THREE MONTHS OF THIS YEAR ALONE, ALMOST TWO THOUSAND OF OUR VETERANS HAVE KILLED THEMSELVES.

Agreed...but with the people here, there is no way to leave the political grandstanding alone...they have to cry about one man because he is a democrat and for no other reason.

ignoring how long this went on...ignoring the amount of republicans too that didn't fix this...its all on Obama you know.

With this budget, we don't just fully fund our VA health care program -- we expand it to serve an additional 500,000 veterans by 2013; to provide better health care in more places; and to dramatically improve services related to mental health and injuries like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury. - Barack Obama March 16, 2009

Of course, Obama bears no responsibility for this situation.

And in his budget speech you posted (which was after this)...they laid the groundwork to investigate and improve things.

What happened after that? Are you going to act as if the President himself went to the VA to sit down and fix the issues?

Are you this desperate for things to cry about Obama on?

Seems there are plenty of legit things to lat at his feet rather than to those responsible for this mess over many many years.

I love how you defend Obama on this.

"He was just speechifying. You can't expect him to actually follow up on promises he makes in speeches". :clap: :doh:

• Like 1

A West Virginia doctor is coming forward with new allegations against the Department of Veterans Affairs, claiming that she too was told to put patients seeking treatment off for months on end -- and that at least two of them committed suicide.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/19/west-virginia-doctor-says-patients-suicide/

Damn that Obama...lobbying for more funds in the budget only to pocket them himself so he could go to the VA and screw all those vets...I bet he was sitting there while they waited just mocking them the whole time.

Damn that Obama...lobbying for more funds in the budget only to pocket them himself so he could go to the VA and screw all those vets...I bet he was sitting there while they waited just mocking them the whole time.

Seriously? That's the best ya got?

Time to hang it up, kid.

Amazingly once again obama was unaware of problems until it was reported in the news.

Seeeeeeeeee more fox news fake outrage, he didn't even know :doh:

This really sucks...Bush starts two wars and has no regard for the lives of thousands of young Americans, and Obama doesn't care about the ones who survive. Why can't we elect a President who gives a fock? :cry:

Amazingly once again obama was unaware of problems until it was reported in the news.

Seeeeeeeeee more fox news fake outrage, he didn't even know :doh:

It's a good thing he watches the news or he wouldn't know about anything.

I heard Obama speechifying on this earlier.

He is mad. He is outraged. He told some dude to do a study and get back to him. He is getting to the bottom of this and those responsible will be held accountable.

Must be nice to leave that speech in the TelePrompTer to hit replay every few months.

Obama has solved this problem. Nothing to see here. Anyone who brings this up again is a right-wing hack racist who sucked Bush's junk for eight years.

I like to imagine what a humorless, miserable loser RP must be in real life, trolling the net all day long every day begging strangers for attention now that his wife took the kids and left. :thumbsup:

I heard Obama speechifying on this earlier.

He is mad. He is outraged. He told some dude to do a study and get back to him. He is getting to the bottom of this and those responsible will be held accountable.

Must be nice to leave that speech in the TelePrompTer to hit replay every few months.

Obama has solved this problem. Nothing to see here. Anyone who brings this up again is a right-wing hack racist who sucked Bush's junk for eight years.

I hope he does. I want all our vets to get the best care we can give them. Especially since we have so many more wounded and with mental issues coming back from our two most recent endeavours.

I hope he does. I want all our vets to get the best care we can give them. Especially since we have so many more wounded and with mental issues coming back from our two most recent endeavours.

me too

He gave his usual speech saying he is outraged, will get to the bottom of it, and people will be held accountable. That's how he solves all these problems. What more do you want him to do?

He gave his usual speech saying he is outraged, will get to the bottom of it, and people will be held accountable. That's how he solves all these problems. What more do you want him to do?

Well this is the first time that he has heard about it...

Well this is the first time that he has heard about it...

See, that's how good he is. Problem solved........people will pay. Just ask those guys in Benghazi who attacked our embassy.

I like to imagine what a humorless, miserable loser RP must be in real life, trolling the net all day long every day begging strangers for attention now that his wife took the kids and left. :thumbsup:

Is there any wonder why his wife was out throating doctors all day and eventually leaving his sorry ass? Imagine your husband is this obsessed with politics?? ROFL. What an awesome life that must have been for her.

Ex-wife: Honey, wanna watch a movie and cuddle?

RP: Not tonight. I think I have Worms on the run. And I was 2-0 against Newbie today.

Ex-Wife: You are so focking pathetic.

RP: Oh yeah? Then why did Drobeski tell me I won a thread today?

Today, President Obama called for a broader review of the Veterans Affairs (VA) scandal, claiming that “we’ve got to do better” when it comes to the health of our veterans. However, he indicated he would like to wait for the conclusion of the internal probe before taking further action on the issue.

Why is it that in the face of overwhelming incompetence, the only answer that the Obama administration has is, “We need to get to the bottom of this,” or “We need further investigation”? If something is blatantly broken, you’re only going to uncover what you already know if you do a more detailed inquiry.

What I want to know is, why can’t we walk and chew gum at the same time? Why can’t we investigate something further, while at the same time work to come up with productive solutions? The private sector does it all the time. As a department chair of a major medical center, I don’t have the luxury of conducting an internal investigation of an issue without showing my superiors that I’m also actively working to fix the problem.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/05/21/dr-manny-why-doesnt-obama-come-up-with-solutions-for-our-veterans-now/

Our VAs are a horrible mess and it should be a national disgrace the way we don't take care of our returning wounded vets. It's been this way a long time and only getting worse. This should be a top priority in fixing the VAs....but sadly it won't. I'd give half of our defense budget to the VAs until the problem gets fixed. Ass hole politicians.

This is what I hear from my veteran frineds. Kinda hard to blame this admin only.

This is what I hear from my veteran frineds. Kinda hard to blame this admin only.

I'm a vet, but don't use any services due to how bad it is. I got out in 95 so it's been that way as long as I've been out. It's been a problem for yeaaaars, but people want answers and heads to roll during this administration. It's almost comical. Some people don't really care about our vets, they just want it to be political outrage for this current president.

I'm a vet, but don't use any services due to how bad it is. I got out in 95 so it's been that way as long as I've been out. It's been a problem for yeaaaars, but people want answers and heads to roll during this administration. It's almost comical. Some people don't really care about our vets, they just want it to be political outrage for this current president.

Has been a problem for a long time, yes, however, here is the problem with this. Obama made a campaign promise to fix this shtt.

CNN:

Has been a problem for a long time, yes, however, here is the problem with this. Obama made a campaign promise to fix this shtt.

CNN:

I know he did. Do you put a lot of faith in campaign promises? I don't. I wish somebody would fix it. If he does, it would be fantastic for our vets. If he doesn't, then he's just another politician who didn't follow thru on a campaign promise. Happens all the time.

I know he did. Do you put a lot of faith in campaign promises? I don't. I wish somebody would fix it. If he does, it would be fantastic for our vets. If he doesn't, then he's just another politician who didn't follow thru on a campaign promise. Happens all the time.

The next one will promise to fix it. So will the one after that.

The next one will promise to fix it. So will the one after that.

That's what I dont understand. I do not like Obama or his policies, but I want what's best. If he can fix things...great, if he doesn't, well, I'm not surprised. Once people vote you're stuck with what happens. I can't change anything now. No point in getting worked up about it. I'll support my next guy, if he wins...great, if not, I hope the guy who did win does the best he can.

That's what I dont understand. I do not like Obama or his policies, but I want what's best. If he can fix things...great, if he doesn't, well, I'm not surprised. Once people vote you're stuck with what happens. I can't change anything now. No point in getting worked up about it. I'll support my next guy, if he wins...great, if not, I hope the guy who did win does the best he can.

Obama already fixed it.....just like Benghazi and the IRS scandal. He speechified the hell out of it this morning with outrage and promises to get to the bottom of it.

Done deal. Time to move on.

Obama already fixed it.....just like Benghazi and the IRS scandal. He speechified the hell out of it this morning with outrage and promises to get to the bottom of it.

Done deal. Time to move on.

ROFL