Sign in to follow this  
Phurfur

40 U.S. veterans die while on Phoenix VA hospital's cost-cutting secret wait list

I know he did. Do you put a lot of faith in campaign promises? I don't. I wish somebody would fix it. If he does, it would be fantastic for our vets. If he doesn't, then he's just another politician who didn't follow thru on a campaign promise. Happens all the time.

Nope. However, I am not going to just stand by making excuses for this POTUS just because Bush or some other past presidents sucked ass.

Has been a problem for a long time, yes, however, here is the problem with this. Obama made a campaign promise to fix this shtt.

Sure...a failure that his budget increases didn't get the job done.

Nor did the guy he nominated get it done. And not even a guy that the right can go after saying was not qualified for the job really either.

Its a giant fock up for not fixing long standing problems.

To just say Obama did it is focking stupid though.

Nope. However, I am not going to just stand by making excuses for this POTUS just because Bush or some other past presidents sucked ass.

Showing a pattern or history of dysfunctional government is not making excuses. I'd be more then hsppy to try to help fix the problem. Got any examples of how I can personally affect or address the problems? I can call or e-mail my senator or call or e-mail the governor. I have actually done one of those, and guess what. ...nothing.

Showing a pattern or history of dysfunctional government is not making excuses. I'd be more then hsppy to try to help fix the problem. Got any examples of how I can personally affect or address the problems? I can call or e-mail my senator or call or e-mail the governor. I have actually done one of those, and guess what. ...nothing.

Maybe I am not getting your posts because it sure seems like Obama gets a pass on damn near everything from you simply because past presidents sucked.

Not sure why you think calling or emailing does nothing because this thing is a HUGE story right now. Maybe it is because of emalis or calls YOU made. Hell, even liberal news outlets are calling this ignoramus out on this nonsense now.

I'm not a VA expert, but my sense is that they try to do too much. They should focus on vet-specific things (PTSD, prosthetics, etc) and vets should use traditional health care for "normal" problems. I could be totally off base tho. :dunno:

• Like 1

Maybe I am not getting your posts because it sure seems like Obama gets a pass on damn near everything from you simply because past presidents sucked.

Not sure why you think calling or emailing does nothing because this thing is a HUGE story right now. Maybe it is because of emalis or calls YOU made. Hell, even liberal news outlets are calling this ignoramus out on this nonsense now.

Ok. I'll try again. I do not support Obama. I supported Romney. My guy lost. I e-mailed my rep and senator to ask them to not support Obama care, and actually did it for the bail outs. Guess what happened??? I've said numerous times it horrible what's going on with the VA and would like it fixed. I've said numerous times to investigate away with benghazi. My point is that nothing gets done. My point is he is no different then others. I would looooove for these problems to get fixed, but I'm not surprised when they aren't. Make sense now. I have no power to fix Washington. I have no power to give him a pass or hold him accountable.

Ok. I'll try again. I do not support Obama. I supported Romney. My guy lost. I e-mailed my rep and senator to ask them to not support Obama care, and actually did it for the bail outs. Guess what happened??? I've said numerous times it horrible what's going on with the VA and would like it fixed. I've said numerous times to investigate away with benghazi. My point is that nothing gets done. My point is he is no different then others. I would looooove for these problems to get fixed, but I'm not surprised when they aren't. Make sense now. I have no power to fix Washington. I have no power to give him a pass or hold him accountable.

What you just posted in this one comment does make sense.

The disconnect came when I read things like "Why are you so fixed on one administration" and "But people want answers and heads to roll during this administration."

It might be because THIS administration is in charge right now and they even campaigned on fixing this. The buck stops with them.

Thanks for taking the time to explain your thoughts on this too me. Maybe I am taking everything you post wrong because this is not the way you come across to me most of the time. I will try to keep this post of yours in mind as I read others by you.

:)

What you just posted in this one comment does make sense.

The disconnect came when I read things like "Why are you so fixed on one administration" and "But people want answers and heads to roll during this administration."

It might be because THIS administration is in charge right now and they even campaigned on fixing this. The buck stops with them.

Thanks for taking the time to explain your thoughts on this too me. Maybe I am taking everything you post wrong because this is not the way you come across to me most of the time. I will try to keep this post of yours in mind as I read others by you.

:)

No problem :) I'm just tired of the our side is better then your side. Or the this guys crooked but our guy wasn't. I see most of them as crooks who get away with whatever they want.

"Those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it".

That's why I think it's perfectly acceptable to bring up past transgressions or failures from past administrations.

No problem :) I'm just tired of the our side is better then your side. Or the this guys crooked but our guy wasn't. I see most of them as crooks who get away with whatever they want.

"Those who do not learn from history, are doomed to repeat it".

That's why I think it's perfectly acceptable to bring up past transgressions or failures from past administrations.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Dude, that is probably my all time favorite quote. And I agree with your post here too. :cheers:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Dude, that is probably my all time favorite quote. And I agree with your post here too. :cheers:

Love that quote. Oh and happy belated birfday.

Love that quote. Oh and happy belated birfday.

THanks man. :)

This pretty much sums up the situation with this administration. :thumbsup:

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER: I think what it is, it's an epidemic of incompetence and neglect because --precisely because as every one of these other scandals unfolded the administration mouths words about accountability, talks about responsibility, some people like the Secretary of State, even the president, say the buck stops here, but the buck stops nowhere because no one pays, no one is fired, no one is demoted. The only person who got hurt in the Benghazi affair, hurt in terms of his career, was the guy in Tripoli, [Gregory] Hicks, the man who blew the whistle, the man who essentially heard his colleague dying at the other end of the phone, essentially. He got demoted because he said the truth. And that's what happens. Once that happens, it becomes epidemic and no one is responsible for anything so why should anybody stick their neck out?

More from Krauthammer in a video clip in the link.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/05/21/krauthammer_on_obamas_response_to_va_scandal_the_buck_stops_nowhere.html

I heard a military Dr. on the radio say that the VA system is the best example of the single payer system in the world. And it obviously has death panels. If/when the ACA fails, the single payer system will be the replacement.

This pretty much sums up the situation with this administration. :thumbsup:

More from Krauthammer in a video clip in the link.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/05/21/krauthammer_on_obamas_response_to_va_scandal_the_buck_stops_nowhere.html

Krauthammer is notoriously neutral and agenda-free. :thumbsup:

Maybe we should wait and see what Hannity thinks before making up our mind. :doh:

I know he did. Do you put a lot of faith in campaign promises? I don't. I wish somebody would fix it. If he does, it would be fantastic for our vets. If he doesn't, then he's just another politician who didn't follow thru on a campaign promise. Happens all the time.

The next one will promise to fix it. So will the one after that.

That's what I dont understand. I do not like Obama or his policies, but I want what's best. If he can fix things...great, if he doesn't, well, I'm not surprised. Once people vote you're stuck with what happens. I can't change anything now. No point in getting worked up about it. I'll support my next guy, if he wins...great, if not, I hope the guy who did win does the best he can.

Sure...a failure that his budget increases didn't get the job done.

Nor did the guy he nominated get it done. And not even a guy that the right can go after saying was not qualified for the job really either.

Its a giant fock up for not fixing long standing problems.

And the complacent Americans who accept dysfunctional government as the norm speak out.

And the complacent Americans who accept dysfunctional government as the norm speak out.

Are you going to be such a vigilant in four years if a Republican administration still hasn't fixed the usual political BS that has gone on forever?

Fixed...

Are you going to be such a vigilant in four years if a Republican administration still hasn't fixed the usual political BS that has gone on forever?

And the complacent American who accepts dysfunctional government as the norm speaks out again.

Maybe I can find a FF message board and start 10 threads a day about the government. That'll show em. I'll be able to hold our elected officials accountable that way! Genius idea!

• Like 1

Obama knew about this over 5 years ago, promised to fix it and it has gotten worse under his administration. HTH

Obama knew about this over 5 years ago, promised to fix it and it has gotten worse under his administration. HTH

You don't say? What have you done to hold him accountable? What have you done about this issue to fix it? What have you done that will make a change to this current dysfunctional government?

You don't say? What have you done to hold him accountable? What have you done about this issue to fix it? What have you done that will make a change to this current dysfunctional government?

Since someone blew this whistle on this Obama had to go out there and speechify the situation. Poor fella had to get all mad and outraged again.

I'm sure if the situation warrants it he will hashtag someone as well.

And the complacent American who accepts dysfunctional government as the norm speaks out again.

Afraid to answer the question, pussie?

phurfur has done his part by spending his retirement ignoring his wife and whining on a football messageboard 24/7. What a great American!

phurfur has done his part by spending his retirement ignoring his wife and whining on a football messageboard 24/7. What a great American!

He's changing American politicians and dysfunctional government one post at a time.

VAs has always sucked nothing new. They coul probably fix this by letting the higher ups fire people if they need to. When I was active duty I had a GS 11 on our staff, absolutely horrible, took me a year to finally get rid of him

Why would government employees get bonuses ?

They don't create profit :dunno:

Cutting costs by letting soldiers die before spending money treating them?

I heard a military Dr. on the radio say that the VA system is the best example of the single payer system in the world. And it obviously has death panels. If/when the ACA fails, the single payer system will be the replacement.

So funny how most knew that this system would be a total failure but that let it rip anyway. They should have called it SHAT.

Phurfur? Phurfur? Has your actions worked to hold him accountable? Anyone lose their jobs yet because of you?

Phurfur? Phurfur? Has your actions worked to hold him accountable? Anyone lose their jobs yet because of you?

Did I miss something? Has he claimed his actions did these things?

Did I miss something? Has he claimed his actions did these things?

Yes you missed it. He's imply complacency. So I would like to know what he's done to make an impact. I would like to know what he's doing opposite of complacency....beside posting on a FF board. Is there something he's doing to affect this dysfunctional government. If there is something he's doing to make a change, a difference. Thanks for your question though.

I do not vote for incumbents. HTH

so...pretty much you do the same as the rest of us who dont vote for the same dysfunctional people who got us in the mess...yet, here we still are.

:slow golf clap:

Give that man a medal. In other words, he votes for guys who end up getting 1% of the vote and have ZERO control over changing anything. Congrats, Sir. Way to make a difference.

:slow golf clap:

Give that man a medal. In other words, he votes for guys who end up getting 1% of the vote and have ZERO control over changing anything. Congrats, Sir. Way to make a difference.

If everyone voted as he does there would be real change. If everyone voted as you do we would get four more years of a President who finds out what his administration is doing from news reports.

If everyone voted as he does there would be real change. If everyone voted as you do we would get four more years of a President who finds out what his administration is doing from news reports.

this