Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Pete Carroll is the dumbest fock ever

WTF was that?

That was the single worst play call I have ever seen in a situation of that magnitude in any sport, ever. :doh:

As a Packer fan, who thought I saw the height of stupidity 2 weeks ago, I say, there is a new Stupid King in Town, long live the king.

Not to bring about any bad memories, but our fan base can't really comment. :cheers:

There is literally no comparison, worse call in Superbowl history, by a lot.

Let's not overreact. If it had worked, and it very nearly did, no one would be complaining. There's something to be said for not doing the predictable thing. I agree they should have run the ball, but nowhere near the worst call. The real mistake was Wilson throwing the ball unless it was really safe.

Let's not overreact. If it had worked, and it very nearly did, no one would be complaining. There's something to be said for not doing the predictable thing. I agree they should have run the ball, but nowhere near the worst call. The real mistake was Wilson throwing the ball unless it was really safe.

Bullfuckingshit.

Dumb

Patriots planted Pete Carroll in Seattle sleeper-cell style because, wait for it...they're focking cheaters!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

• Like 1

At the time I was devastated because I thought I needed a Marshawn TD there to win, but as it turned out that play didn't really matter after all. A lot of drama but it signified nothing.

Yeah but a play like that is never really safe with all of those bodies in there. I'd have been fine with a fake handout rollout sorta play. That play was just dumb.

Very surprised they didn't read option down there....or bootleg with Wilson having the option to run/throw. But up to that point they did well in the red zone. Just didn't execute.

Great game.

This +1

Yeah but a play like that is never really safe with all of those bodies in there. I'd have been fine with a fake handout rollout sorta play. That play was just dumb.

I was really waiting for a rollout with an option to pass or run it. Seattle really mismanaged the clock. They had to burn a timeout on the miracle catch with the clock already stopped but the play clock was running down. Then after lynch ran the ball to the 1 they let a ton of time run off the clock before throwing the int. proper clock management and they could have had three runs from the 1. Carroll's excuse was that they no longer had time to run it 3 times so he was going to throw once and would have run the next 2 downs.

Let's not overreact. If it had worked, and it very nearly did

:o

They had one TO so they wanted to pass on 2nd down so they could run on 3rd. I get that. But why not use Wilson on the option. It should have been a roll out run option.

I was shocked they passed it obviously...

But after thinking for a moment...with only 1 timeout left... If they pass on 2nd down they have 3 chances to score. And they can run or pass on the next 2.......If they run on 2nd down, they lose their last timeout, so it's 100% pass on the next play.

Maybe the specific pass play was bad, but passing was the right call.

I was shocked they passed it obviously...

But after thinking for a moment...with only 1 timeout left... If they pass on 2nd down they have 3 chances to score. And they can run or pass on the next 2.......If they run on 2nd down, they lose their last timeout, so it's 100% pass on the next play.

There was plenty of time for four running plays but they took forever to line up after miracle catch and burned a ton of time. Then when they did line up on 2nd down it was in shotgun. Given the time when the snap occurred and their clock management and shotgun formation, they forced themselves/ telegraphed that they wanted to pass and clearly didn't fool Bellichick.

They had the Pats by the balls but the Seahawks got too cute and completly deserved to lose due to poor play calling. Fock 'em.

I think history and cooler heads will see this to be right. Chris Collinsworth was speaking too much about it, so casual fans got a bit swayed.

The reality is that Seattle lost that game much earlier when they failed to get 1st downs and kill clock. Wilson really needs to take over when he is up 10.

The Seahawks had around 59 seconds left and a TO with the ball on the 1. That is more than enough time to run the ball on 2nd, 3rd and 4th (if necessary).

In that situation you put the ball in the hands if your best offensive player (Lynch). If you really must throw from the run you call a bootleg run / pass option.

What you don't do is have your QB throw the ball on a slant route right into traffic. :doh:

I think a little bit of what happened was everyone was expecting Belichick to call a timeout and then possibly let the Seahawks score on the next play. In fact everyone in my mom's basement was screaming at him to do just that (obviously we were wrong).

So maybe it threw the Seahawks off a bit? Then when they realized how much of the clock was running off they said "oh sh!t, we better throw it!" :dunno:

There was plenty of time for four running plays but they took forever to line up after miracle catch and burned a ton of time. Then when they did line up on 2nd down it was in shotgun. Given the time when the snap occurred and their clock management and shotgun formation, they forced themselves/ telegraphed that they wanted to pass and clearly didn't fool Bellichick.

They had the Pats by the balls but the Seahawks got too cute and completly deserved to lose due to poor play calling. Fock 'em.

If we stop focusing on the result and think about the game strategy....

Do you want to score with 55 seconds left to only go up 3, then give the ball to Brady with 2 timeouts? I think the optimal game strategy is to give yourself 4 cracks at scoring, and do so while making sure you have the ball last.

If we stop focusing on the result and think about the game strategy....

Do you want to score with 55 seconds left to only go up 3, then give the ball to Brady with 2 timeouts? I think the optimal game strategy is to give yourself 4 cracks at scoring, and do so while making sure you have the ball last.

Absolutely. Carroll's clock management was fine. One poor play call does not undo the fact that he did everything else right.

Y'all can sugar coat it all you want, throwing into the middle of the field in that situation is the worst play call in the history of sports.

If you insist on throwing at the one focking yard line then you bootleg and throw to a pylon or if it's not there throw it away.

Throwing a slant into the teeth of the defense on the one yard line was beyond dumb.

Whatever the call, Wilson should have thrown it away unless it was wide open.

That's part of the problem. It's a timing route quick slant. Hike, 1 2 throw. There is no room for thinking on a play like that. Just reason number 68 why it was beyond awful.

You don't get "wide open" on a slant route thrown from the .5 yard line.

I think a little bit of what happened was everyone was expecting Belichick to call a timeout and then possibly let the Seahawks score on the next play. In fact everyone in my mom's basement was screaming at him to do just that (obviously we were wrong).

So maybe it threw the Seahawks off a bit? Then when they realized how much of the clock was running off they said "oh sh!t, we better throw it!" :dunno:

:overhead:

Y'all can sugar coat it all you want, throwing into the middle of the field in that situation is the worst play call in the history of sports.

If you insist on throwing at the one focking yard line then you bootleg and throw to a pylon or if it's not there throw it away.

Throwing a slant into the teeth of the defense on the one yard line was beyond dumb.

+1

According to Pete(who I think is full of BS and covering for Bevell), they brought in a spread formation, to spread Pats and then were going to run Lynch from that set. When Pats didn't bite, they went with pass play call. My reason for saying that's BS, was they didn't run a play from a spread. Also if he wanted to waste a down, throw to the pylon or back shoulder. That play, against packed in goal line defense is idiotic and IMO screams of Bevel trying to trick them. Problem, he absolutely didn't have the personnel at WR to pull that play off. Absolute dumb play call.

• Like 1