Sign in to follow this  
"Game of Thrones": Season 7...

http://tvline.com/2017/03/09/game-of-thrones-season-7-premiere-date-hbo/#more-787019

Daenerys ships have been at sea a long time, but theyre about to reach land: Game of Thrones will return with new episodes on Sunday, July 16 at 9/8c, HBO announced Thursday.

The hugely successful fantasy sagas seventh season will consist of (this should be an easy one to remember) seven episodes, showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss revealed last April. At the time, the pair also hinted that the yet-to-be-officially-ordered eighth and final season would only feature six episodes, although HBO president Casey Bloys told TVLine that an exact episode count remains in flux.

The only thing were working out is how many episodes they want to do, Bloys said, adding that he hopes Benioff and Weiss will deliver more than six episodes. Theyre still figuring it out because I think theyre trying to get a shape of the season. They always do what they think [will yield] the best version of the show. Its all about how many theyre comfortable [with]. But Ill always take more.

This marks the latest start date for a new Game of Thrones season since the series premiered in 2011. The move, which resulted from winter-imposed production delay, take Thrones out of the 2017 Emmy race, seeing as how the eligibility period ends on May 31 (first day of Summer 2017 is June 21).

The announcement came at the end of a Facebook Live stream that took the better part of an hour and abruptly ended twice; fans were encouraged to type FIRE and DRACARYS in the comments in order to make firethrowers melt a block of ice containing the premiere date. The seasons first teaser trailer, featuring the sigils of each of the series main houses, aired immediately afterward.

Then star Liam Cunningham appeared in a video congratulating the shows fans on participating in the shared reveal. I can personally assure you, he said of Season 7, it will be worth the wait.

Don't care, never saw it, it sucks

I watched a small portion of one episode but couldn't get into it. Is this worth binge watching?

I watched a small portion of one episode but couldn't get into it. Is this worth binge watching?

I had to push to get through S1 but after that it held my attention all the way.

• Like 1

That's what happened to me. Living in my cave overseas, I'm largely insulated from hype but not completly. After all they win all the awards and acclaim year in and year out, it's hard not to notice. When I watched, I was hooked.

Also focking lutely.

I got my roommate to watch. He plowed through all six seasons in two weeks.

It's the only reason I still have HBO. Once it's over I'm getting rid of it.

• Like 1

I'm listening to the audio books. I've been plugging through them for about 4 months now. All of them are over 30 hours long. I'm on the 5th book...like 47 hours. It's a focking grind. Good stuff, but it's a grind.

I'm listening to the audio books. I've been plugging through them for about 4 months now. All of them are over 30 hours long. I'm on the 5th book...like 47 hours. It's a focking grind. Good stuff, but it's a grind.

who is the reader? Samuel L. Jackson?

who is the reader? Samuel L. Jackson?

Nope. Some British dude is doing it. I didn't bother looking it up, but I believe the book 5 reader is different than the reader for books 1-4.

jaqen h'ghar is Ned Stark

Season 8 being pushed back to 2019 WTF!!!!

Ned Stark = Jaqen H'ghar

:ninja:

Why do you think that? That's an awesome conclusion.

Ned Stark = Jaqen H'ghar

:ninja:

Possible, the faceless man can be anybody, as long as they are already dead and he has their face stashed away in the old cupboard...

I forced myself thru about 8 episodes season 1 and people kept saying keep watching. Then I got episode 9 and I'm hooked

I would watch it casually, but it was nothing I was all in on.

Season 3, episode 9 was the one that did it for me. After that episode, I was hooked and couldn't wait for the shows to come fast enough.

Game of Thrones has been like my bad relationships.

There are good times and there are bad times where you say, this is it, I'm ending it and never coming back!

Yet, I keep coming back hoping things will get better.

spoiler alert / theory

as ive said before, Fock HBO and their writers. Taking a great show and ending it in 2 short azz seasons when there is so much to wrap up.

My prediction for season 7? (keep in mind im making a lot of this based off what im seeing in the trailers and much of it will probably be in the 2nd to last episode) Jon needs to convince everyone south of the wall that the white walker threat is real so he goes north of the wall with a decent sized group to bring proof back. Likely also goes to dragonstone to get dragon glass. Im going to say Tormond goes with him, Breanne goes with as Sansa commands which means possibly Pad. In the trailer you see about 11-12 people in a circle as if being surrounded from all sides so about 9 more.... Near the end of season 6, the Hound comes back across that beat up dude Beric who keeps coming back to life and the lord of light guy who brings him back. They say they are going north to fight something bigger so i'll say all 3 of them. Sir Davos and Gendry? Jorah? Maybe another of the brotherhood without banners. Jon will possibly die again and be brought back by Beric's magic guy. And his uncle Benjin will join the fight as well. I also think Dany and Jon will meet at Dragonstone. You see Dany in the trailer at Dragonstone.

So.... there is a scene in the trailer where the night king looks up in the sky and i'll bet Dany and her dragons show up to save the group north of the wall. Who dies and who lives im not sure but I'm also going to bet that the night king kills one of Dany's lesser dragons and raises it as his own white walker dragon.

little finger will also die.

I had to push to get through S1 but after that it held my attention all the way.

I had to push through it during season 1. Once Ned Stark was beheaded and his head put on a spike on the wall was when I thought "holy sh1t they aren't focking around here. They will kill off someone you like in an instant". It was THEN that I was hooked

Kinda funny that the hater of all things current in pop culture (posty) started this thread.

Hope for him yet? :dunno:

Episodes 1-3 titles/synopses revealed for season 7...

http://tvline.com/2017/07/07/game-of-thrones-season-6-episode-titles-descriptions/

Season 7, Episode 1: “Dragonstone” (airing Sunday, July 16, at 9/8c)

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS | Jon organizes the defense of the North. Cersei tries to even the odds. Daenerys comes home.

OUR THOUGHTS | Dragonstone castle once belonged to House Targaryen and is a logical place for Daenerys to “come home” to when her forces reach Westeros. Cersei’s clearly not willing to let her ascension to the Iron Throne — however twisted it may be — go away anytime soon, so perhaps this is where we’ll get that cool map-room scene from the trailer? And “Jon organizes the defense of the North” could be apply to half of the Season 6 episodes, honestly.

Season 7, Episode 2: “Stormborn” (airing Sunday, July 23)

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS | Daenerys receives an unexpected visitor. Jon faces a revolt. Tyrion plans the conquest of Westeros.

OUR THOUGHTS | Daenerys came into the world during a violent meteorological event; it’s why she’s often referred to as “Daenerys Stormborn.” Might an event of equally huge importance, perhaps tied to khaleesi’s “unexpected visitor,” happen during the season’s second episode? Jon’s revolt is likely among those he’s trying to unite in the North, and as much as we don’t want to see that happen, is it wrong that we kinda do just so little Lyanna Mormont can shut everyone down the way she did last time? Finally, we’re most excited to see Tyrion in his element: Drinking wine, knowing things — such as how to help Daenerys take over Westeros — and finally (!) having the backing of a leader who values him for his strengths.

Season 7, Episode 3: “The Queen’s Justice” (airing Sunday, July 30)

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS | Daenerys holds court. Cersei returns a gift. Jaime learns from his mistakes.

OUR THOUGHTS | The title is tricky — to which “queen” does it refer? Daenerys? Cersei? Both? — but “Jaime learns from his mistakes” is very intriguing. He didn’t act quickly enough when Mad King Aerys laid waste to King’s Landing, but will he have the fortitude to stop Really Unbalanced Queen Cersei before she does even more damage to the city and its people? (Or, you know, it could be that he finds out he has another sister and chooses not to sleep and/or fall in love with her.)

I've wanted to check out the series for a while and finally started it last Wednesday. Only through season 4, but willbe caught up soon.

Very addictive. Excellent character and plot development..... Always a twist.

Well worth the binge watch.

I've wanted to check out the series for a while and finally started it last Wednesday. Only through season 4, but willbe caught up soon.

Very addictive. Excellent character and plot development..... Always a twist.

Well worth the binge watch.

Right? I started it at one point and stopped before I got through season 1 then restarted it. After season 1 I was hooked. Can't believe they kill off so many characters you actually like

I'm on vacation with no hbo. FML

I'm on vacation with no hbo. FML

isn't there an app to connect you?

isn't there an app to connect you?

HBO go. Just don't know how well it works and if it lets u watch things as they come out or right when they come out

HBO go. Just don't know how well it works and if it lets u watch things as they come out or right when they come out

Xfinity. I could watch it on my tablet but man I'd rather have my large tv and surround sound. Stupid family vacation

Xfinity. I could watch it on my tablet but man I'd rather have my large tv and surround sound. Stupid family vacation

decisions

Can you bring something like chrome cast or Apple TV so you can stream it on your tv wirelessly?

solid if unspectacular episode.

could have done without the blatant Ed Sheeran cameo but I like him and have read the reason why they got him into the show. And I know other musicial artists have appeared.

Pretty slow except for the first scene. That girl is kickass. Not a problem if it were not a 7 ep season. Still no word on Winds of Witer. Does it even matter that much anymore. He will never finish the books and if he does they will most likely be similar to the tv ending.