Sign in to follow this  
nobody

God may exist but that doesn't mean He cares

Let's say you were an omnipotent being. You have the power to create life. Hell you can create the universe. Wouldn't one of the the only things you find interesting be creating a species with an illusion of free will and then convincing them to use that free will to love you? And then of course the easiest way to do that would be to try to convince them you love them first.

See if God exists, I would susbscribe to more of an absentee landlord theory. Once he convinced enough of the world to love him, he lost interest.

To those who put their faith in him, he seems to care. To those who don't, why do they care one way or the other? :dunno:

• Like 1

There is evidence to support intelligent design as well as evolution, and perhaps the two are not mutually exclusive.

I think religion can be a useful tool when properly applied. But as with any tool in the hands of an idiot or immoral sh!tbag, it can be dangerous.

There is evidence to support intelligent design as well as evolution, and perhaps the two are not mutually exclusive.

I think religion can be a useful tool when properly applied. But as with any tool in the hands of an idiot or immoral sh!tbag, it can be dangerous.

The two most unsupportable and frankly unrealistic theorems as regards the development of Life on this planet:

1. Spontaneous simultaneous creation.

2. Random evolutionary processes resulting in exponentially and statistically impossible higher functioning life forms.

Hence, the concept of directed intelligent design makes fundamentally better sense and is scientifically far more probable.

It wasn't until just a mere matter of years ago that we didn't know what caused cancer cells to form. Yet we knew that cancer existed. And we knew that cancer cells did indeed form. And we didn't believe for a minute that they formed their own volition.

And of course, now we know that cancer forms because DonS likes the taste of puzzy.

Just because we don't understand what directs so called intelligent design does not preclude the possibility nor the probability that such direction must inevitably be an integral part of the process.

The higher power just creates. You are on your own after that. Obviously something created this even though it makes no sense whatsoever. Either the universe is infinite (impossible) or it isn't (also impossible).

We are one of billions upon billions of planets, millions of which (conservatively) have life. It put us here, it's our job to make it work and we are not getting the job done. If it wanted to, it could make garbage like murderers disappear upon murdering but it doesn't. For you jesus freaks, once you realize that we are not the center of the universe, you will understand this.

The more advanced we get with artificial intelligence, ironically, the closer we come to understanding the true nature of God.

Think of it. Even now, through the marriage of engineering and artificial intelligence we have so-called robots that can create original works of art. Not photocopies not reproductions, original works of art unique to that creatures creation and programming.

So then, who really created that piece of art? The robot? Or the maker and programmer of the robot?

Analogously, who cured polio? Dr. Salk? Or his creator?

Who robbed and murdered an innocent 80 year old woman for her $27 social security check? The thug or his creator?

If you believe the Creator is the author of the cure for polio which saved millions of lives, then you must necessarily believe that the Creator is the author of the death of the 80 year old woman.

By its very definition, free will either exist En Toto, or not at all.

He doesn’t exist, let’s just get that out of the way. But let’s pretend he does. It’s absolutely as you said, an absentee landlord. He created the world etc, placed the amoebas in the oceans etc and let the building blocks of life snowball. This eventually led to evolution of man as the modern world. He has no involvement, wrote no silly bible and wouldn’t agree with any of these maniacal religions and teachings. He simply created and let it grow. This is the one and only possibility if we talk existence of a god in any form.

Because your God is the right one. Congrats on picking the correct God.

Many are called but few are chosen.

The two most unsupportable and frankly unrealistic theorems as regards the development of Life on this planet:

1. Spontaneous simultaneous creation.

2. Random evolutionary processes resulting in exponentially and statistically impossible higher functioning life forms.

Hence, the concept of directed intelligent design makes fundamentally better sense and is scientifically far more probable.

More stupidity. Evolution is one of the most proven theories in science. Anyone who doesn't believe that is an idiot.

• Like 1

I'm glad the powerful minds at the GC have solved this problem; one that the great and powerful minds of history never even bothered to tackle, let alone solve.

He doesn’t exist, let’s just get that out of the way. But let’s pretend he does. It’s absolutely as you said, an absentee landlord. He created the world etc, placed the amoebas in the oceans etc and let the building blocks of life snowball. This eventually led to evolution of man as the modern world. He has no involvement, wrote no silly bible and wouldn’t agree with any of these maniacal religions and teachings. He simply created and let it grow. This is the one and only possibility if we talk existence of a god in any form.

Correct. Only thing I disagree with is the first sentence because somehow the universe came into existence. Something created it...but who created that which created the universe Itself? That's why religion exists because it doesn't even make sense.

Thinking logically, we don't exist because it's not possible to exist. Now, follow me on this. This is all a mirage and I am the subject. None of you exist. Everything that happens in the world happens simply to get my reaction and right now, I am being pushed to the limit with all these retards on the left and most of these retards that have been created in the last 20-30 years.

You all are having the exact same freakout. None of the rest of us exist in your little 'world'. :wacko:

I'm glad the powerful minds at the GC have solved this problem; one that the great and powerful minds of history never even bothered to tackle, let alone solve.

Wow, this is the first metaphysical discussion in the history of evah?$#@! :o

He doesnt exist, lets just get that out of the way. But lets pretend he does. Its absolutely as you said, an absentee landlord. He created the world etc, placed the amoebas in the oceans etc and let the building blocks of life snowball. This eventually led to evolution of man as the modern world. He has no involvement, wrote no silly bible and wouldnt agree with any of these maniacal religions and teachings. He simply created and let it grow. This is the one and only possibility if we talk existence of a god in any form.

So you're saying we're a Chia Pet?

Volty, coming in hot!

i too worship Joe Pesci

I truly and genuinely believe I have solved it with my scenario. Being as it is scientifically the only possible explanation.

I truly and genuinely believe I have solved it with my scenario. Being as it is scientifically the only possible explanation.

I'm certain you believe that.

Believe or disbelieve in whatever you want, but stop pretending like you have any definitive answers.

You dont. Nobody does.

Just live and let live.

Well... I believe that there is a lot we don't know about the interaction between matter and energy. As such I'm open to the concept of positive energy having a net positive impact on the universe, and vice versa. So when you send those "Thoughts and Prayers," who knows, maybe you are actually helping. :dunno:

Anyway, I think it is pompous to say you know it all when clearly we don't. :cheers:

• Like 1

More stupidity. Evolution is one of the most proven theories in science. Anyone who believe that is an idiot.

And see? Here I am believing that anybody who doesn't understand that Evolution can have different characteristics and parameters and drivers is an idiot. But that's just me being snooty again.

Correct. Only thing I disagree with is the first sentence because somehow the universe came into existence. Something created it...but who created that which created the universe Itself? That's why religion exists because it doesn't even make sense.

You only need a creation if you think time has a beginning. What if there is no t0? Matter cannot be created or destroyed. The universe has always been here.

. Nobody does.

He already stated that he didn't :dunno:

You only need a creation if you think time has a beginning. What if there is no t0? Matter cannot be created or destroyed. The universe has always been here.

Just think logically about that part.

when it comes to discussions about Religion, science and politics. Logic typically, cannot be found

Logic is my specialty. Humans suck at perceiving time.

Time is nothing more than tracking the movement of subatomic particles. If you put every sub- atomic particle back to where it was 100 billion years ago, that would he functionally no different than resetting the universe back to what we would call 100 billion years ago.

That's crazy you say? What could possibly cause something like that? The universe collapsing in on itself into a super dense singularity perhaps?

Nothing wrong with it. It's just like thinking "Well the Universe has to end. It can't go on forever. But then you say, well what's past the end of the Universe? There has to be something there, right?" The answer is we don't know everything yet. That's what science is for. And exactly why we should be continuing our exploration of space and research in to the sciences. I think what makes man unique is his continued quest for knowledge and to understand his world.

Nothing wrong with it. It's just like thinking "Well the Universe has to end. It can't go on forever. But then you say, well what's past the end of the Universe? There has to be something there, right?" The answer is we don't know everything yet. That's what science is for. And exactly why we should be continuing our exploration of space and research in to the sciences. I think what makes man unique is his continued quest for knowledge and to understand his world.

Yes there is no end or beginning to something infinite. If it started, what about before it started? So on and so on. Even nothing is something, can’t just be nothing cuz thats still something. It’s mind boggling.

I'm going with my 'there is no end of the universe'. Fly off Earth in any direction and you eventually end up back at earth on the other side of the planet. Came up with that myself years ago as the most logical scenario. Just read an article on that theory at space.com.

I'm going with my 'there is no end of the universe'. Fly off Earth in any direction and you eventually end up back at earth on the other side of the planet. Came up with that myself years ago as the most logical scenario. Just read an article on that theory at space.com.

That doesnt sound infinite to me.

As hard a concept as an infinite universe is to grasp, and end to the universe is much harder for me get my head around.

That doesnt sound infinite to me.

As hard a concept as an infinite universe is to grasp, and end to the universe is much harder for me get my head around.

Yeah it's not except when you imagine you are traveling along the outside of a sphere as you travel through space away from the planet. The outside of the sphere is the universe but you don't travel off of it. So you end up back at the same spot.

Well... I believe that there is a lot we don't know about the interaction between matter and energy. As such I'm open to the concept of positive energy having a net positive impact on the universe, and vice versa. So when you send those "Thoughts and Prayers," who knows, maybe you are actually helping. :dunno:

Anyway, I think it is pompous to say you know it all when clearly we don't. :cheers:

https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/16781/does-masaru-emotos-experiment-show-human-consciousness-affects-the-aesthetics-o?rq=1

There are only two scenarios (if you believe the big bang created the universe)

1. Either the universe drifts apart until eventually everything burns our and it is a cold desolate place.

2. Every goes to one point again and another big bang happens

The second makes more sense to me. This probably isn't even the 1st time I've made this post. It's probably the 1138579321st time.

Logic is my specialty. Humans suck at perceiving time.

Time is nothing more than tracking the movement of subatomic particles. If you put every sub- atomic particle back to where it was 100 billion years ago, that would he functionally no different than resetting the universe back to what we would call 100 billion years ago.

That's crazy you say? What could possibly cause something like that? The universe collapsing in on itself into a super dense singularity perhaps?

Or, Superman flying the wrong direction around the Earth really really fast.

Nothing posted here proves there is no God!

What we are really finding out today is how God did it.

There are only two scenarios (if you believe the big bang created the universe)

The second makes more sense to me. This probably isn't even the 1st time I've made this post. It's probably the 1138579321st time.

So, you admit to post padding.