Sign in to follow this  
#1LionFan

High Stakes leagues

Any of you guys recommend playing in any of these national contests?

Are you competing against the entire nation or do they put you together in a league?

This is the first year i have the ability to play in some high-stakes league but not sure if I want to go the big tourney route or find a 12-14 person league.

Any of you guys recommend playing in any of these national contests?

Are you competing against the entire nation or do they put you together in a league?

This is the first year i have the ability to play in some high-stakes league but not sure if I want to go the big tourney route or find a 12-14 person league.

The one I'm playing in (and I presume most of them) put you in a 12 team league with an 11 week regular season. 1st place in the league wins $1250, 3rd place gets their $350 entry fee back.

But trust me, I'm not playing just to win the league. Post season play is where the big money is at: The over-all winner's prize depends on the # of entries, but is guaranteed to be at least $50K.

The one I'm playing in (and I presume most of them) put you in a 12 team league with an 11 week regular season. 1st place in the league wins $1250, 3rd place gets their $350 entry fee back.

But trust me, I'm not playing just to win the league. Post season play is where the big money is at: The over-all winner's prize depends on the # of entries, but is guaranteed to be at least $50K.

Thanks.. My laziness has gotten the best of me and haven't done any research on it yet. Most likely gonna join on of them by the week's end. Hopefully I won't miss any of the deadlines.

If I have anymore questions I'll post them.

Thanks.. My laziness has gotten the best of me and haven't done any research on it yet. Most likely gonna join on of them by the week's end. Hopefully I won't miss any of the deadlines.

WCOFF opened up a 2nd super satellite league. Only 144 teams (12 leagues fo 12 teams). 12 division winners take home 2000 plus a trip to the playoffs with four wildcards. Then a 16 team bracket is set up:

1 v 16, 2 v 15, 3 v 14, etc...winner of the tournament takes home 10,000. Check it out.

In my league, you will put against 9 others for a 10 person league. Playoffs start at week eleven after you would play each league member one time and a two person championship in week 10. My contest closes on Sept 8th.

Aaron

Bump for madd futher mucker and anyone else competing in the FBG Championship and/or leagues run by FFPC. Those are the leagues with 1.5 points for receptions for TE and dual-flex positions.

FFPC and FantasyMojo are in their second year running what they call a Pros vs. Joes challenge, where various website "Pros" take on some "Joe" competitors who play in the FFPC. They formed 8 leagues and had the 8 drafts over the last 4 nights.

FF Today's RSVP to this event got lost in the mail, but I asked to go on a standby list in case any of the Pros bailed this week. Wednesday night I got the call, only about 15 minutes before the draft started (stressful!).

Anyway, things to know about these particular leagues are:

- 1.5 points per reception for TE, 1 PPR for other positions

- dual flex position, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

- Draft Masters format - meaning there will be no drop/adds or lineups decisions during the year - important!

My point however is, if you are going to compete in a similar league with 1.5 PPR for TE, understand the value placed on the TE position. They will fly off the board quickly, some as early as the first round. Not only is the 1.5 PPR significant, teams can start up to 3 of them.

While these aren't true ADP results for the FBG Championship or FFPC Main Event, because of the Draft Masters aspect, they are still good review to prep for those contests. You can see all of the draft results here:

http://www.fantasymojo.com/mojo/news.do?action=prosvsjoes2010 (click "Draft Results" in the second navigation bar)

If you're looking for Team FF Today, I was in draft #5 and I did get the 2nd draft pick. I never get an early draft pick, so not only did I have nearly zero prep time, drafting early for once in a blue moon really threw me for a loop.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks Mike for the bump. I was already very aware of the "funky" scoring and h0pefully I am prepared to take full advantage. Looking at your draft, I am surprised to see that top-quality TE's went off the board even more slowly than I had expected. My guess is that word will get out, guys will figure it out and the top TEs will really FLY off the board by the time my draft is held. At any rate, I do have a 'game-plan'.

I prolly shouldn't say this, but I really wasn't in love with too many of your picks this time. I think you did much better with that earlier mock. :)

BTW, my team is Mo Money Fo Mama drafts in the #5 spot on Sunday Sept. 5th at 1pm. I know you said that Mike Krueger was in this thing...anyone else competing in it?

Edited by madd futher mucker

Thanks Mike for the bump. I was already very aware of the "funky" scoring and h0pefully I am prepared to take full advantage. At any rate, I do have a 'game-plan'.

BTW, my team, Mo Money Fo Mama drafts on Sunday Sept. 5th at 1pm. I know you said that Mike Krueger was in this thing...anyone else?

Do you know your draft spot?

I'm not in yet but I will be. I should get on that next week so I can get a date/time that works.

Do you know your draft spot?

I'm not in yet but I will be. I should get on that next week so I can get a date/time that works.

I was lucky enuf to pull the #5 spot. Very happy with that.

The FanBall Draft and Play is pretty good.

Up to $1,000 buy in...no other fees.

No trades allowed...no dropping of high-end players...so no collusion.

Just came upon this High Stakes League at Fantazzle which is hosting their drafts in Las Vegas at Superdraft.. http://www.fantazzle.com/fantasy-football/high-stakes/football-leagues.php

I like it how the scoring and rosters are all voted on by the players. Drafting in Vegas at SuperDraft might be a bit entertaining as well.

$1,350 gets you the league fee, 2-night hotel stay at the Palms plus entry into all the Superdraft stuff. Not a bad deal. Gonna look more into what these leagues offer. Everything I've read so far seems ideal.

Anyone attend SuperDraft last year? Just seems like too good of a deal to pass up.

Hey guys the WCOFS Super Sattelite II league is almost filled with only 25 more spots remaining...Come get a spot so we can fill this thing!! 2k league prize and a 10k overall prize with only 144 teams competing...grab one before you get left out....

Code: Won't get draft positions till it fills :thumbsup:

wcofs.com

Well it's last call ladies...last I checked it was down to 8 spots remaining...get over there and get yours or get left out!!!

WCOFS.com Super Sat League II

I bit the bullet and signed up for two $350 entry fee leagues. One is the NFFC Online Championship, draft scheduled for Sept 6. The other is the Footballguys Players Championship, draft scheduled for this Thursday night at 10:00pm Eastern. I'm getting a little concerned that one is not going to fill since its been stuck on 3 teams for a couple days. I'd like to know my draft pick but that won't happen until the league is full.

One interesting thing about the NFFC is it is 3RR draft order and you get to rank your draft order preference. With the 3RR angle I'm having a tough time deciding if I want an early, middle or late pick.

I bit the bullet and signed up for two $350 entry fee leagues. One is the NFFC Online Championship, draft scheduled for Sept 6. The other is the Footballguys Players Championship, draft scheduled for this Thursday night at 10:00pm Eastern. I'm getting a little concerned that one is not going to fill since its been stuck on 3 teams for a couple days. I'd like to know my draft pick but that won't happen until the league is full.

One interesting thing about the NFFC is it is 3RR draft order and you get to rank your draft order preference. With the 3RR angle I'm having a tough time deciding if I want an early, middle or late pick.

You made the right call Mike. The WCOFF has defaulted on most payments to winners from 2010, even the Main Event champ only received half, I believe, of the 300,000 he is owed. Dustin Ashby communicates with no one; there was supposed to be a sale so that this year would go off and winners would be paid and now that has fallen through. What disgrace. Choose your high stakes leagues very carefully. :thumbsdown:

You made the right call Mike. The WCOFF has defaulted on most payments to winners from 2010, even the Main Event champ only received half, I believe, of the 300,000 he is owed. Dustin Ashby communicates with no one; there was supposed to be a sale so that this year would go off and winners would be paid and now that has fallen through. What disgrace. Choose your high stakes leagues very carefully. :thumbsdown:

Flahawker, any tips on where to go? I was reading through this thread, not realizing it was from last season. As you mentioned, it looks like WCOFF isn't reliable. I was wondering if anybody had info on FFPC. I found their link in one of Mike's posts, but was wondering how 2010 ended with them.

It's my first foray into a large buy-in, so I'm looking to keep it between $100-200.

Thanks in advance!

Flahawker, any tips on where to go? I was reading through this thread, not realizing it was from last season. As you mentioned, it looks like WCOFF isn't reliable. I was wondering if anybody had info on FFPC. I found their link in one of Mike's posts, but was wondering how 2010 ended with them.

It's my first foray into a large buy-in, so I'm looking to keep it between $100-200.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Vamosvaqueros, I have never played there, but from what I have heard the FFPC is reputable and they have leagues starting at around $77.00. I debated all last year between FFPC and WCOFF and ultimately I chose WCOFF--big mistake. Now, I'll never get the money owed to me, not a huge sum, but several hundred dollars. You might want to check out RTS (Real Time Fantasy Sports) as well. They also have online league starting at around $99.00, again, never played there but have heard no negatives either. Just make sure you avoid WCOFF. Good luck!

FlaHawker - Glad you brought this up to the top as information to anyone looking to buy-in a moderate to high-stakes online or live FF event like the ones described here. I'm an outsider on the WCOFF situation, but from what I've heard I would certainly not recommend them. Sorry to hear you got caught in the group of unpaid winners from last year. I think I got lucky, as ultimately between the three contests I was choosing, I didn't consider potential default an issue with any of them. I did not go with WCOFF I think because of the draft time, primarily.

vamosvaqueros - I would highly recommend FFPC. Those guys are former players and they know what is important to players and they are passionate and smart business owners. Again, from an outsider looking in that is my opinion. I also think NFFC is extremely good and backed by Stats, Inc., who acquired NFFC this past off-season from the now defunct Fanball. NFFC is still run by the same people who have run it for years though, even before Fanball, and people have always been extremely happy with their service.

Unfortunately I am one of the unpaid "winners" (or losers) from WCOFF last year...won 2 of the 3 Super Satellite contests we entered (4k winnings) and it appears we won't get paid.

Very disappointing as this was my first year in high stakes fantasy football. Was just interested to see where I ranked amongst the leagues elite and winning was really just icing on the cake for me as I wasn't sure if I could hang with the big dogs. After a long season of thrilling results, now I wish I hadn't even won, very sad. The most disturbing thing is this was supposed to be the "biggest and most reliable", now making me question which high stakes league is safe. WCOFF had been going pretty strong for 9 years, it was thought to be too big to fail.

As boring as "local leagues" had become...it was never questioned whether you would get paid off from your work.

WCOFF had the best brand name at this time last season, but they've seriously tarnished it if not destroyed it. Sorry to hear about your experience last year rosslive99.

Which one of these leagues allows you to do an online draft?

Agame, I was doing some FFPC research and they have online drafts as well as "slow" drafts which I assume are correspondence through e-mail or something

Unfortunately I am one of the unpaid "winners" (or losers) from WCOFF last year...won 2 of the 3 Super Satellite contests we entered (4k winnings) and it appears we won't get paid.

Very disappointing as this was my first year in high stakes fantasy football. Was just interested to see where I ranked amongst the leagues elite and winning was really just icing on the cake for me as I wasn't sure if I could hang with the big dogs. After a long season of thrilling results, now I wish I hadn't even won, very sad. The most disturbing thing is this was supposed to be the "biggest and most reliable", now making me question which high stakes league is safe. WCOFF had been going pretty strong for 9 years, it was thought to be too big to fail.

As boring as "local leagues" had become...it was never questioned whether you would get paid off from your work.

Wow sorry to hear that rosslive99. You may want to contact Scott Atkins at the Fantasy Players Association and let him record what you are owed. Not sure what he can do but many other players owed money have done so. Also, some players have contacted the Missouri Attorney General and reported the abuse there as well. Good luck getting paid.

The WCOFF really screwed the pooch on this one. They were the top high stakes contest for many years running and then their eyes got bigger than their pocket books. I jumped ship this year after 7 or 8 years with them. I went with the FFPC (mainly because, I believe, that is where the majority of the WCOFF defectors have gone), but have heard equally good things about the NFFC. You should definitely look into each (especially their scoring systems) as there are some significant differences between the two. For example the FFPC give 1.5 points for a TE reception while the NFFC has 14 team drafts. It's easy to say neither have ever had trouble paying out their winners, but you could have said that about the WCOFF up until a year ago. Which ever route you choose, I would strongly suggest doing a live draft in Vegas. They don't get much better.

WCOFF has still not paid all winners from 2010 yet today they opened up registrations for online satellite leagues. Buyer beware!