Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Your favorite workout?

Before my surgery 8 weeks ago I loved doing a standing dumbell curl workout; it gives such a huge pump.

I start with 5's. I do 2 sets of 5 each arm. Resting a minute or two between each set. Then I move to 10's, 15's, 20's, 25's etc... you keep going with sets of five until you can't do the full set of five or your form slips and you start doing them stupidly. Then quit.. don't be stupid throwing yourself around to get your rep. You can't do it right.. don't do it.

8 weeks ago pre-sugery I got up to 75's. :thumbsup: Post surgery after getting the all clear I couldn't do more than 35's. I'm back up to 50's now... getting stronger every week.

Before my surgery 8 weeks ago I loved doing a standing dumbell curl workout; it gives such a huge pump.

I start with 5's. I do 2 sets of 5 each arm. Resting a minute or two between each set. Then I move to 10's, 15's, 20's, 25's etc... you keep going with sets of five until you can't do the full set of five or your form slips and you start doing them stupidly. Then quit.. don't be stupid throwing yourself around to get your rep. You can't do it right.. don't do it.

8 weeks ago pre-sugery I got up to 75's. :thumbsup: Post surgery after getting the all clear I couldn't do more than 35's. I'm back up to 50's now... getting stronger every week.

Ida guessed neck presses.

Ida guessed neck presses.

I do have a Head Harness for neck exercises.... but I don't use it. I really should though... see how yoooge I can get my neck this summer.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gl/head.html?skuId=HARB064&PLASKU=HARB064&mcid=CG_PLA_US_OD_SKUs_US_New_Desktop_OD_SKUs_US_New_Desktop_Ad_Group_1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9d6X4Mn-2wIVD8NkCh2o_QzCEAQYASABEgISDPD_BwE

75s, wow. That's insane for a curl.

My fav muscle group is always chest. I am not a fan of legs, but part of that is because of my knee. Need to keep the weight low so I don't do any more damage.

I also really enjoy the forearm curls where the hands hold the bar close hanging off the bench. That forearm burn is the best

• Like 1

75s, wow. That's insane for a curl.

My fav muscle group is always chest. I am not a fan of legs, but part of that is because of my knee. Need to keep the weight low so I don't do any more damage.

I also really enjoy the forearm curls where the hands hold the bar close hanging off the bench. That forearm burn is the best

Just now finished first set up to 60.. then on my second set of 60 only got to 4... progressing!

Really though... going by 2 sets of five.. working from 5 --> 60 is.. uhmm.. what 120 reps?

Climbing - works strength, balance, flexibility and problem solving.

Snow skiing is a close second, though you need to get in a lot of laps or do moguls to make a work out of it.

Always hated the gym, but have vanity to blame for shoulder and elbow injuries building relatively useless beach muscles.

• Like 1

Trail running/hiking. (I’m doing the SoCal 6 pack of Peaks this year. 3 down- 3 to go.)

HIIT cardio

Pilates

Swimming

• Like 3

Trail running/hiking. (I’m doing the SoCal 6 pack of Peaks this year. 3 down- 3 to go.)

HIIT cardio

Pilates

Swimming

Thanks for the heads up on the six packs, I hadn't heard of that. I wonder why they don't have one for AZ, or even Phoenix which has more than 6 mountains to climb. Anyway, we are looking into a trip to Napa for our anniversary, maybe we'll work some of those mountains in. :cheers:

HIIT would be next for me as well. Also I've never done Pilates but I miss yoga which our HIIT gym no longer offers; I'm thinking of getting some punch cards for the place I used to go and working in one class per week.

It's like we're twins$#@! :hugs:

5/3/1 deadlift followed by alternating lunges and sprints

If I had to pick a single weightlifting motion, it would be a clean and jerk with deadlift a close second. Works everything but chest. Technically I prefer a power clean and push jerk as I don't have the back flexibility for a true clean or split jerk.

If I had to pick a single weightlifting motion, it would be a clean and jerk with deadlift a close second. Works everything but chest. Technically I prefer a power clean and push jerk as I don't have the back flexibility for a true clean or split jerk.

Huh, I usually have to clean after I jerk.

Huh, I usually have to clean after I jerk.

Thanks for the mental image. I haven't eaten dinner yet and it should help with my diet. :cry:

• Like 1

Thanks for the mental image. I haven't eaten dinner yet and it should help with my diet. :cry:

Just imagine the contorted positions and sounds that must occur.

getting up in the morning

It's like we're twins$#@! :hugs:

I was going to say something snarky... but you seem to be much less of an insufferable jerk these days, so... :cheers:

Also, I’ve never humped Sux’s couch... so not twins. :P

Running, the best way to wear out your joints and knees. Enjoy chronic pain later on.

Yeah I switched to the bike. So much better on the knees.

I was going to say something snarky... but you seem to be much less of an insufferable jerk these days, so... :cheers:

Also, I’ve never humped Sux’s couch... so not twins. :P

I forgot to mention opossum-chasing as a favorite exercise.

And don't knock Sux's couch until you try it. :D