Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Favorite Robert Palmer song

Robert Palmer  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite

• Every Kinda People
    • Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor Doctor)
    • Some Like it Hot (with Power Station)
    • Get It On (Bang a Gong) Power Station
    • Addicted To Love
    • Hyperactive
    • I Didn't Mean to Turn You On
    • Simply Irresistable
    • Early in the Morning
    • Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)

Always liked this guy. Had a lot of soul for a white dude.

What is you favorite song of his?

You are to have to face it you're a addic

You are to have to face it you're a addic

At 9:00 am? My God, have a cup of coffee or something. :(

Over the Hills and Far away

At 9:00 am? My God, have a cup of coffee or something. :(

You are a one trick pony. And addic

Was never really a fan.. I don't know, seems like all his songs sounded like the same song or something.

Was never really a fan.. I don't know, seems like all his songs sounded like the same song or something.

Yeah, I think from the Power Station songs till the 4-5 solo singles after, he did have a very recognizable sound. That wasn't a coincidence. Both Power Station and his solo album afterwards were produced by Bernard Edwards of Chic. Power Station was a 'supergroup' comprised of Palmer, John and Andy Taylor from Duran Duran, and Chic (and Genesis tour band) drummer Tony Thompson. Palmer pissed off the other members when he wouldn't tour with them because he wanted to go back into the studio. They toured with a different singer (Michael Des Barres). When his next solo album came out, he got criticism for stealing the Power Station sound, but he claimed that was his sound all along and Power Station got their sound from him.

Isn't he a dead ? Died few years back if I recall.

Isn't he a dead ? Died few years back if I recall.

Yup. Heavy smoker. Died of a heart attack in his hotel room in 2003 at age 54.

Yup. Heavy smoker. Died of a heart attack in his hotel room in 2003 at age 54.

Wow that was 14 years ago. Time flies.

Wow that was 14 years ago. Time flies.

I would of guessed 2013 not 2003

he always reminded me of that guy Robbie what's his face from England. Robbie has apparently sold more albums in the United Kingdom then Elvis or something like that. But never really caught on in America.

Always liked this guy. Had a lot of soul for a white dude.

What is you favorite song of his?

I always liked him too, and sad he died so young.

I chose Simply Irresistable, but it's not my favorite....I forget the name, but it wasn't really a hit. It was on the album right before he got big.

When my parents got divorced, I was about six years old. Used to go spend weekend days at dads new bachelor pad.

Dad was a big music guy, and the stereo was always blaring. One of my most seared in childhood memories was the song "addicted to love" blaring while my parents argued about child support or whatever.

Haven't spoken to dad in years now. There are two artists I don't like to hear much because they remind me of him. Robert palmer and Jackson Browne.

• Like 1

Simply irrestible for the video

his music just always sounded like some type of jingle to me, didn't really like him much at all

Probably because "bad case of lovin you" was a dr. Pepper commercial for years.

Probably because "bad case of lovin you" was a dr. Pepper commercial for years.

Yes, that commercial ruined a pretty good power pop song for a good while.

When my parents got divorced, I was about six years old. Used to go spend weekend days at dads new bachelor pad.

Dad was a big music guy, and the stereo was always blaring. One of my most seared in childhood memories was the song "addicted to love" blaring while my parents argued about child support or whatever.

Haven't spoken to dad in years now. There are two artists I don't like to hear much because they remind me of him. Robert palmer and Jackson Browne.

:thumbsup:

Running on Empty

his music just always sounded like some type of jingle to me, didn't really like him much at all

Same. Maybe he has some more unknown stuff that I would like, but all of those hits from his heyday blur together for me into a big pile of average pop sound. :dunno:

Running on Empty

Jackson Browne was my dads favorite. He listened to that all the time. When I got older, and began copying dads collection, I got into it too.

There are a few songs I used to love that now I can't stand. The pretender immediately comes to mind. Those lyrics just make me tear up.

"Are you there? Say a prayer. For the pretender. He knew that all his hopes and dreams began and end there."

There is a similar album that is almost guaranteed to make me cry. When warren zevon was dying of cancer, he did an album all about dying. I think it was called the wind.

My grandfather was dying of cancer around the time that came out. I can't stand to listen to it now.

I always liked him too, and sad he died so young.

I chose Simply Irresistable, but it's not my favorite....I forget the name, but it wasn't really a hit. It was on the album right before he got big.

Finally heard it on the radio again today, THIS is my favorite RP song.

ghey video though

Finally heard it on the radio again today, THIS is my favorite RP song.

ghey video though

Great song. That whole album was very new wavish.