• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 weepaws

weepaws

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,725 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

Impartial staff to handle the teams balls for the super bowl , that's very nice of them. Clay Matthews was fined 22,050 for making a football play when he made a block on Wilson . I thought that was,the ideal of the game making a football play .
Godswillbedone Revelation 20:15. And who so ever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
All ways lead to God, everyone one will be judged and then sentence, but there is only one way to Heaven and thats though Jesus Christ Lord and Savior. God Bless

Isaiah 12:2. Luke 14:23. Daniel 4:37. 2 Kings 17:39. Nahum 1:7. 1 Timothy 6:18-19. Psalm 9:7&8.
Psalm 34:18. Ezra 8:22. 2 Corinthians 1:3. Ezekiel 36:26. Matthew 7:24-25. Proverbs 28:21&27. 1 Peter 3.
1 John 3:16. Lamentations 3:25. Proverbs 10:27. Ephesians 6:13 Ezekiel 18:21-22. 2 Corinthians 10:5
Proverbs 15:29. Proverbs 18:12. 1 John 2:1-2. Ephesians 6:19. 2 Timothy 2:3-4. 1 Peter 4:14
Proverbs 23:12. Psalm 121:7-8. Ephesians 1:7. Deuteronomy 28:11-13. Romans 10:10. Romans 8:31
2 Peter 3:9. Isaiah 5:21. Proverbs 11:2. Matthews 5:16. Romans 12:14. James 1:8.
Psalm 58:11. Ezekiel 33:11-13. Hosea 14:9. Psalm 100:4. Romans 14:9. 2 Chronicles 32:8.
John 3:3-7. Philippians 2:11. Titus 2:11-14. Ephesians 4:2. Romans 11:33. Proverbs 12:1&26.
1 Timothy 1:15. Psalm 119:6. Proverbs 22:4. Psalm 46:1. Romans 12:17-21. 2 Chronicles 34&35.

#2 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,336 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

Impartial staff to handle the teams balls for the super bowl , that's very nice of them. Clay Matthews was fined 22,050 for making a football play when he made a block on Wilson . I thought that was,the ideal of the game making a football play .

Saw the hit. It was total bs

#3 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 43,200 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

I don't know what the argument can be for it being a clean hit - Matthews clearly went helmet to helmet on Wilson, correct call.

http://sports.cbsimg...on_clay_hit.JPG

#4 thePRO

thePRO

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:00 PM

C. Matthews was a big beotch in the playoffs. He also took a very late, cheap shot at Romo's knee in the divisional game.

F Clay, they deserved to choke.

12 Team Standard                           14 Team PPR/Return Yards                          12 Team Standard/Return Yards

Wilson                                              Cousins, Mahomes                                       Rodgers             

Johnson, A. Jones                          Gurley, Breida, A. Jones                              Barkley, T. Cohen, Connor

Drake, Ingram, Murray                    Mckinnon, C. Thompson                              R. Freeman, Breida, K. Johnson

Green, C. Davis                               Allen, DJ Moore                                             M. Thomas, Lockett

Evans, Jeffery                                 Adams, Sanders                                            JuJu, Benjamin, P. Cooper

Hogan                                              Lockett                                                           Lockett

Walker                                              Njoku                                                             Burton

Eagles DST                                     Chargers DST                                                Jaguars DST

Vinatieri                                           Succop                                                           Crosby

#5 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,336 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

C. Matthews was a big beotch in the playoffs. He also took a very late, cheap shot at Romo's knee in the divisional game.

http://www.sbnation....-hit-concussion

Scroll down for full hit. Doesn't look like an intentional helmet to helmet hit. Looks like he barely touched Wilson face mask. Looks like a good football hit but since he hit Wilson "too hard" it's a penalty.

#6 GreenTD

GreenTD

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

Watch the play again where Clay supposedly took a cheap shot on Romo. He was blocked & had his head down when Romo threw the ball. Wasn't aware that Romo had released the ball & made the only tackle he could make while stumbling forward.

FWIW, I'm not a Packer fan. Just call em like I see em.

#7 IMMensaMind

IMMensaMind

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

I don't know what the argument can be for it being a clean hit - Matthews clearly went helmet to helmet on Wilson, correct call.

http://sports.cbsimg...on_clay_hit.JPG

:rolleyes:

Neither one of those hits was dirty. Matthews OBVIOUSLY didn't lead with the head, his body was SIDEWAYS because he was leading with his shoulder.

Wilson rolls his head forwards as Matthews is running into his side. Matthews' shoulder manages to brush in front of Wilson's shoulder - instead of simply into his side, where I think he was aiming - and in the process of passing in front of Wilson, Matthews' helmet brushes against the front of Wilson's facemask/jaw, snapping his head, and giving him a brief glance at Troy Aikman's daily peas and carrots life.

That's all that happened there. Football happens fast, and there is no way to prevent contact of either type without flat out ruining the game.

#8 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,336 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

Neither one of those hits was dirty. Matthews OBVIOUSLY didn't lead with the head, his body was SIDEWAYS because he was leading with his shoulder.

Wilson rolls his head forwards as Matthews is running into his side. Matthews' shoulder manages to brush in front of Wilson's shoulder - instead of simply into his side, where I think he was aiming - and in the process of passing in front of Wilson, Matthews' helmet brushes against the front of Wilson's facemask/jaw, snapping his head, and giving him a brief glance at Troy Aikman's daily peas and carrots life.

That's all that happened there. Football happens fast, and there is no way to prevent contact of either type without flat out ruining the game.

Exactly. It looked like a good football hit to me. It does happen fast and I think cause it was a hard hit the refs "had" to call some kind of penalty

#9 drobeski

drobeski

FF Geek

• Members
  • 60,636 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

Let it go :lol: its over :(

#10 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 61,720 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

Few thinga.
I agree the shot on romo was late...but it was not at his knee it was clearly above the knee.

I didn't like the shot on Wilson either...you dont want people blindsiding uour own players...but he hit with hos shoulder. I expected the fine.

#11 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 61,720 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

Let it go :lol: its over :(

Coming from the guy who has how many posts in 2 different deflated ball topics?

Hah

#12 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 43,200 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

Clearly you don't understand the rule. But it is refreshing you didn't blame a coach this time....

(g) If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or
facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily.

As written, the rule mentions nothing of "intent" - meaning dirty or not is irrelevant.

#13 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 43,200 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

In fact, Wilson's head is the very 1st part of his body that Matthews contacts - it's not even debatable.  Whether it was intentional or dirty does not matter - it was helmet to helmet, period. Put the homer glasses down - to argue otherwise is ridiculous.

http://uproxx.com/sp...-clay-matthews/

#14 The Hood

The Hood

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

Obvious penalty, you're an idiot if you think otherwise.  

I have absolutely no problem with Matthews making the hit. Said it was smart at the time. You get a chance to lay out the QB,  guys should take it every time.   

#15 IMMensaMind

IMMensaMind

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

Clearly you don't understand the rule. But it is refreshing you didn't blame a coach this time....(g) If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) orfacemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily.As written, the rule mentions nothing of "intent" - meaning dirty or not is irrelevant.

No, you don't understand the rule - and you're a Cowboys fan, so you not understanding something is not shocking. His shoulder was ahead of his head, so he could not have possibly led with his helmet. This is whiny puzzy rules officials running amok and trying to ruin the game.

#16 IMMensaMind

IMMensaMind

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:01 AM

In fact, Wilson's head is the very 1st part of his body that Matthews contacts - it's not even debatable.  Whether it was intentional or dirty does not matter - it was helmet to helmet, period. Put the homer glasses down - to argue otherwise is ridiculous.http://uproxx.com/sp...-clay-matthews/

You get no more benefits of the doubt, Cowboys fan. Matthews' shoulder was the first thing to touch Wilson, not his head. Wilson helped, because HE led with his head. Scrape the encrusted Jerry cocaine/jizz mix off your eyelids and pay attention.

#17 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 43,200 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

IMMensaMind, on 23 Jan 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:
No, you don't understand the rule - and you're a Cowboys fan, so you not understanding something is not shocking.

This coming from the one who's spent a week crying about his coaches being the reason his team lost. And from the guy who despite his team losing TWICE to Seattle this year still thinking his team is the better one. :rolleyes:

His shoulder was ahead of his head, so he could not have possibly led with his helmet. This is whiny puzzy rules officials running amok and trying to ruin the game.

Fact of matter is the first part of Matthews to contact Wilson was Matthews helmet - and it made initial contact with Wilson's helmet. To say otherwise is retarded - it's plain as day in the video... Strangely the officials on the field and the league office also disagree with you.

#18 Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff

FF Geek

• Members
  • 61,720 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:10 AM

This coming from the one who's spent a week crying about his coaches being the reason his team lost. And from the guy who despite his team losing TWICE to Seattle this year still thinking his team is the better one. :rolleyes:

Fact of matter is the first part of Matthews to contact Wilson was Matthews helmet - and it made initial contact with Wilson's helmet. To say otherwise is retarded - it's plain as day in the video... Strangely the officials on the field and the league office also disagree with you.

I think this past Sunday GB was the better team.  I don't think Seattle (and especially Wilson was on their game (then again, neither was Rodgers).

Overall, Seattle is better and probably wins a majority of the time if they play that game over in Seattle like that.

#19 IMMensaMind

IMMensaMind

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,333 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

This coming from the one who's spent a week crying about his coaches being the reason his team lost.

That from the guy who spent a week whining with a Packers fan due to fantasizing how his own team would have done against SEA. :rolleyes:

I stated my case, and you did a nothingburger job rebutting it. Good job. :thumbsup:

And from the guy who despite his team losing TWICE to Seattle this year still thinking his team is the better one. :rolleyes:

I said they were better at the end of the year, and they were. You just couldn't process the obvious domination of SEA by Green Bay for 56 of the 60 minutes, and only a hilarious confluence of stupid coaching moves, and the comedy of errors by a demoralized Packers team caused the outcome to be any different than the game indication.

And that, jai alai fan, is due to coaching. Coach demoralized this team; took them out of their game plan - and their fire - and made them tight.

If you knew anything about playing football, you'd understand that - but you don't. You're the perfect Cowboys fan.

Ah. A subtle shift of admission. A moving of the goal posts, though still wrong. Now you go from leading with the helmet to "first thing to contact" - and you're still wrong.

The video shows Matthews shoulder ahead of his helmet; the video shows Matthews' shoulder brushing Wilson's chest ahead of his shoulder, and instant before the helmet makes contact. That there was incidental contact with Wilson's leading helmet is unfortunate, and the ham sammiches which are deballed aimless NFL officials led by the queen of deballing - Goodell himself - is likewise unfortunate.

#20 Cruzer

Cruzer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 43,200 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:34 AM

That from the guy who spent a week whining with a Packers fan due to fantasizing how his own team would have done against SEA.

Ha, go back and reread the chat. In it you will find only one butt hurt, tossing out insults and crying about anything. I was talking football and enjoying the meltdown. It was shooting fish in a barrel. The biggest Packers fan on the board even admitted the players ultimately were responsible and were prolly not as good as Seattle day in day out.

I said they were better at the end of the year, and they were. You just couldn't process the obvious domination of SEA by Green Bay for 56 of the 60 minutes, and only a hilarious confluence of stupid coaching moves, and the comedy of errors by a demoralized Packers team caused the outcome to be any different than the game indication.

And that, jai alai fan, is due to coaching. Coach demoralized this team; took them out of their game plan - and their fire - and made them tight.

Looks somebody is still riled up and letting others get under his skin. Ha, think I got a trout that time...

If you knew anything about playing football, you'd understand that - but you don't. You're the perfect Cowboys fan.

Please - I played since I was 6, been watching since 1974... Up till now you've seem to know a little yourself - the crying distorted it a bit though.

Ah. A subtle shift of admission. A moving of the goal posts, though still wrong. Now you go from leading with the helmet to "first thing to contact" - and you're still wrong.

Are you sniffing glue? Please show me where I mentioned anything about Matthews leading with his helmet? I never did - I said the first part of contact was Matthews helmet to Wilson's. Whether by accident or not - it's a penalty every time.

The video shows Matthews shoulder ahead of his helmet; the video shows Matthews' shoulder brushing Wilson's chest ahead of his shoulder, and instant before the helmet makes contact. That there was incidental contact with Wilson's leading helmet is unfortunate, and the ham sammiches which are deballed aimless NFL officials led by the queen of deballing - Goodell himself - is likewise unfortunate.

We will have to agree to disagree. Myself, as well as the officials on the field, the league office and countless football fans across the country saw it otherwise... Helmet to helmet is going to get flagged and fined every time - especially on a qb.

#21 edjr

edjr

FF Geek

• Members
  • 121,481 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Cheap shot. Should be suspended for a year. Nearly changed the entire super bowl

Seahawks also cheated by not following concussion protocol. They too should be suspended for a year.