Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Should I be worried?

Go in to tell my 10 yo son bye this morning. As he is still sleeping and I am walking up I hear him doing math equations in his dreams. :shock:

Is this poor sap going to be a Virgin into his late twenties? :(

Go in to tell my 10 yo son bye this morning. As he is still sleeping and I am walking up I hear him doing math equations in his dreams. :shock:

Is this poor sap going to be a Virgin into his late twenties? :(

Mebbe.

But he's on track to get any ass he wants in his 30's!

:banana:

I envisioned my kids being really good at sports and that I would push them a bit to play competitively. Now that my oldest is in school, I find that I care less about the sports and more about them being interested in learning and doing well in school. If they're interested in playing sports, that's great and I'll support pretty much whatever they want to play. However, I think it's cool seeing my 6 year old whiz through math problems and start reading.

• Like 1

I envisioned my kids being really good at sports and that I would push them a bit to play competitively. Now that my oldest is in school, I find that I care less about the sports and more about them being interested in learning and doing well in school. If they're interested in playing sports, that's great and I'll support pretty much whatever they want to play. However, I think it's cool seeing my 6 year old whiz through math problems and start reading.

This. My girls are older (oldest a sophomore @ UW-Madison), but what you're describing seems like just yesterday. While I loved how good my oldest was at volleyball (conference player of the year her senior year), it is more satisfying than that to watch her study for her 'P' (Probability) exam in pursuit of her Actuarial degree. I was a math guy way back when, but the crap displayed on her MacBook looks like a different language to me - and knowing she can handle it makes me proud, and dulls the pain of her passing on academic and athletic scholarships to go a different direction.

Mebbe.

But he's on track to get any ass he wants in his 30's!

:banana:

a positive angle I had not considered. Thank you for that. :cheers:

• Like 1