Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Pit bulls: loaded weapon or misunderstood?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/child-dies-two-others-hurt-pit-bulls-attack-kids-on-way-to-school-atlanta/

We see this time and again with this particular breed and just like the husband is the first suspect in the death of his wife, pit bulls are assumed to be the culprits in fatal dog attacks.

Do you geeks believe these dogs are time bombs waiting to go off or it's just a misunderstood breed?

Complete time bombs and dangerous. Too bad since they aren't all bad and it's owners fault a lot of the time. But theres countless stories of these dogs mauling people, too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

The worse part is that it's "cool" to stick up for them and act like they are innocent.

• Like 1

I used to say people should be required to buy an expensive license to own a pit bull in crowded cities where these attacks usually occur.

Then I remembered I don't care what happens to poor people.

• Like 1

Completely misunderstood. Pit bulls are actually a very nice breed of dog. It's the owners who turn them into bad dogs. More violent breeds are chihuahuas and wiener dogs. Those actually bite and attack more people but because they are so small they rarely get reported. Pit bulls are in the news just cause of how big they are and how they are popular with dog fighters.

Pit bulls are in the news just cause of how big they are and how they are popular with dog fighters.

Plus how they kill humans.

• Thanks 1

I used to say people should be required to buy an expensive license to own a pit bull in crowded cities where these attacks usually occur.

Then I remembered I don't care what happens to poor people.

Hahaha...you sonofabitch. Hah

Bad owners = bad dogs. Any breed

True.

But you never hear about violent attacks by a pack of Labs or a Border Collie killer a 1-year old... Are those dogs not owned by bad owners too - did the entire breed luck out with good ones?

34 instances of dogs killing someone in 2015. 28 of those involved pit bulls.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2015.php

Plenty of bad dog owners out there, but it seems like the combination of breed and owner is especially dangerous with pit bulls. I'm not interviewing people to see which group they fall in. So I'll stear my kids clear from those pooches every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pitbulls are strong and powerful.

strength and power require responsibility

pitbull owners are often very irresponsible

• Thanks 1

Doesn't really matter. Their jaws are designed to never give up once they bite. They were designed for fighting. The fact that they're capable of the damage they do when they attach is enough reason not to have them as pets. The fact that their behavior is as unpredictable as it is is just another factor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dangerous and irresponsible to own.

Anyone who defends them is a complete idiot.

Not a ton of fatalities compared to other dangerous behaviors, but to act like they aren't the world's most dangerous breed is just focking stupid.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics-fatalities-2015.php

Completely agree.

There is nothing that screams white trash like pit bulls and neck tattoos.

The white trash starter kit: Shaved head, pit bull, neck tattoo, wife beater

• Thanks 1

Completely misunderstood. Pit bulls are actually a very nice breed of dog. It's the owners who turn them into bad dogs. More violent breeds are chihuahuas and wiener dogs. Those actually bite and attack more people but because they are so small they rarely get reported. Pit bulls are in the news just cause of how big they are and how they are popular with dog fighters.

Just when you thought he couldn't be any dumber.......

• Thanks 1

Useless

a pitbull?

disagree.

like most animals, they have a use... it just isn't "family pet".

:dunno:

• Thanks 1

Merritt Clifton, editor of Animal People, has conducted an unusually detailed study of dog bites from 1982 to the present. (Clifton, Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to November 13, 2006; click here to read it.) The Clifton study show the number of serious canine-inflicted injuries by breed. The author's observations about the breeds and generally how to deal with the dangerous dog problem are enlightening. According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states:

If almost any other dog has a bad moment, someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as their victims are paying the price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a pitbull?

disagree.

like most animals, they have a use... it just isn't "family pet".

:dunno:

true, if you have a side dog fighting business

Mostly misunderstood and/or a product of their owners IMO. They're a naturally aggressive and physically imposing breed so many people are drawn to them for the wrong reasons and try to bring out the worst in them. But they can be great pets in the hands of a responsible owner.

Just when you thought he couldn't be any dumber.......

Dude you are the absolute worst trash on this forum. The fact that you call others stupid is like a retard calling another person a retard. Do us all a favor and take your vagina over to football guys. It's a safe space over there and you'll enjoy it

Here are the facts. Pit bulls are indeed strong and dangerous. However, treated right they are harmless. Doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. Same with a gun. Treated right its not harming anyone. Treated wrong? Yea you're getting hurt. Not saying they are completely innocent cause they aren't. But the fact is there are other dogs way worse at biting people than Pit Bulls. Their large size and power jaws are what makes them more dangerous when they do attack. After all, more people are attacked by chihuahuas than pit bulls but those bites don't do nowhere near as much harm as pit bulls

Here are the facts. Pit bulls are indeed strong and dangerous. However, treated right they are harmless. Doesn't mean they aren't dangerous. Same with a gun. Treated right its not harming anyone. Treated wrong? Yea you're getting hurt. Not saying they are completely innocent cause they aren't. But the fact is there are other dogs way worse at biting people than Pit Bulls. Their large size and power jaws are what makes them more dangerous when they do attack. After all, more people are attacked by chihuahuas than pit bulls but those bites don't do nowhere near as much harm as pit bulls

Missed you around here lately.

Have you ever seen a gun dig under a fence or jump over one to shoot someone?

• Thanks 1

Have you ever seen a gun dig under a fence or jump over one to shoot someone?

Have you seen an instance where a gunowner accidentally shot someone? Yep. Pit bulls aren't all bad. Don't own one and never will but the fact that you're stereotyping every pit bull as lethal is a little ignorant don't you think?

PLEASE don't compare a living breathing thing to something man made. A gun only fires when someone pulls the trigger, dogs don't only bite when someone tells them to.

I knew someone would end up using this comparison too. Dumb argument.

Pit bulls are indeed strong and dangerous. However, treated right they are harmless.

Let's assume that load of crap you just posted was actually true..... so what? Lots of kids get mauled every year, apparently because too many pit bulls aren't "treated right.".

Does the wonderful right to own a pit bull, justify that carnage?

Oh dear God forgive me I forgot where I was at for a minute. Here let me break this down into something all of you can understand and agree with.

Ahem.....

Obummer!!!!!! :mad:

Drumpf!!!!!! :mad:

Do some more research and come back when you have at least one actual fact to contribute.

Molesser breeds - ie Pit Bulls and Rotweilers account for less than 10% of the dog population, yet are responsibile for more than 80% of the attacks that lead to bodily harm.

How exactly would a child who's been mauled be treating the dog wrong? By pulling his tail?

Ever known anyone that was attacked by one of these "gentle, loving pets?

One of my best friends was picking up his daughter from a friend's house last year. When the woman opened the door, their precious little puppy launched an attack without provocation or warning.

37 stitches later, nerve damage to his hand and permanent scars on his neck and face.

It took three men, one of them gouging at the dog's eyes with a screw driver to get the dog to let go.

How exactly was my friend treating him wrong by standing on porch waiting for his daughter?

You don't know sh!t.

Do some more research and come back when you have at least one actual fact to contribute.

Molesser breeds - ie Pit Bulls and Rotweilers account for less than 10% of the dog population, yet are responsibile for more than 80% of the attacks that lead to bodily harm.

How exactly would a child who's been mauled be treating the dog wrong? By pulling his tail?

One of my best friends was picking up his daughter from a friend's house last year. When the woman opened the door, their precious little puppy launched an attack without provocation or warning.

37 stitches later, nerve damage to his hand and permanent scars on his neck and face.

It took three men, one of them gouging at the dog's eyes with a screw driver to get the dog to let go.

How exactly was my friend treating him wrong by standing on porch waiting for his daughter?

You don't know sh!t.

They kill it?

Pit Bulls and Rotweilers account for less than 10% of the dog population, yet are responsibile for more than 80% of the attacks that lead to bodily harm.

This sounds like something else I hear about often. I can't quite put my finger on it though.

You don't know sh!t.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/the-3-most-aggressive-dog-breeds-may-surprise-you.html

Oh man making you look like a complete retard is so easy but my God is it rewarding. The biggest piece of trash on the board and yet time after time you come back for me. Why don't you take yourself to your safe space there snowflake. I'm not wearing a safety pin so when I put my foot in your ass it isn't cause I care. It's cause you're a complete doosh and tool who is getting his ass kicked. Have a nice day :wave:

Oh and just an FYI no one I know has been attacked by pit bulls. And the fact that multiple friends of mine in different states from different backgrounds own pit bulls. All of which I have interacted with and they were all completely harmless. But then again I'm SURE they were just waiting for the opportunity to strike :rolleyes:

They kill it?

Not on the spot. The dog was pretty injured from the screwdriver and being beat about the head.

At some point later, the owners had it euthanized.

Not on the spot. The dog was pretty injured from the screwdriver and being beat about the head.

At some point later, the owners had it euthanized.

Good.

Why am I not surprised that you run with pit bull owners.

We are talking about dangerous dogs you focking idiot.

A dachshund is about as dangerous as a squirrel.

Just for fun, why don't you find me the stats on the number of fatal deaths or maulings by dachshunds and chihuahuas over the last 10 years. Or any time period.

If you can't find that, just show me some examples where a group of dachshunds routinely attacked and killed children.

Sounds like a poosy talking. Oh wait.... :lol:

Sounds like a poosy talking. Oh wait.... :lol:

There have defjnitley been stories about dauchsunds attacking babies. But it's rare compared to pit bull attacks. You're in denial because you think having a tough dog somehow makes you tough.

There have defjnitley been stories about dauchsunds attacking babies. But it's rare compared to pit bull attacks. You're in denial because you think having a tough dog somehow makes you tough.

Have you seen my dogs retard? I have a freaking lab and a catahoula. Far from vicious breeds. I'm just not a little poosy who's scared of everything like you. Have fun clutching your safety blanket there kiddo :lol: