Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

End of Season Buy, Sell Hold

So with the end of most FF seasons complete.....Who are you buying, selling or holding?

Here are some of mine for various reasons

Buy

AR 15

Martavis Bryant

Alshon Jeffrey

2017 picks

Maclin

Funchess

Perriman

Jimmy Garapolo

Romo

Sell

Ajayi

Rivers

Tyreak Hill

Cameron Meredith

Moncrief

Reed

Gronk

Dalton

Hold

JMatt

Martin

AP

Charles

DJax

Floyd

Sims

I'm curious as to why you're holding AP. Do you anticipate that he'll be rejuvenated next season?

I'm curious as to why you're holding AP. Do you anticipate that he'll be rejuvenated next season?

Maybe he lands in a good spot and pulls a gore...with 2 more decent seasons.....Definately low expectations, but a wait and see on him

I updated below as I feel about those listed.

So with the end of most FF seasons complete.....Who are you buying, selling or holding?

Here are some of mine for various reasons

Buy
YES - AR 15
SELL - Martavis Bryant
HOLD - Alshon Jeffrey
OK - 2017 picks
SELL - Maclin
HOLD - Funchess
SELL - Perriman
Maybe - Jimmy Garapolo
SELL - Romo

Sell
BUY - Ajayi
SELL - Rivers
HOLD Tyreak Hill
BUY - Cameron Meredith
HOLD- Moncrief
SELL - Reed
HOLD - Gronk
HOLD - Dalton

Hold
SELL - JMatt
SELL - Martin
SELL - AP
SELL - Charles
HOLD - DJax
SELL - Floyd
BUY - Sims

Maybe he lands in a good spot and pulls a gore...with 2 more decent seasons.....Definately low expectations, but a wait and see on him

Ahh, okay. Thanks.

Funchess was a big disappointed this season.

Most of the preseason all I kept reading was how good he looked.

I'm not holding or buying Charles or Peterson.

I do like the buy on M Bryant , very interested to see how he does on his return.

Not at all excited about Romo going forward.

Ajayi is the only one on your sell list that I would put a hold on, I'm not one that chases te early.

If Floyd can stick with the Pats next season , he could become a good buy.

Hold is an ambiguous category. It can mean many things. Maybe you're holding a guy because hes a beast and you don't see any scenario where and offer makes you part. Or maybe you're holding because the guys value is so low that you'll never get decent compensation and would rather hold and see if one of the best pure talents the game has ever seen can rebound to an extent

• Like 1

I think allen robinson is a great buy target. With new coaching and no where to go but up, the stench of this season may be just enough to make him a good value buy target.

Hopkins may fit into this category as well. Though I don't see his situation changing a ton.

No maclin. This pass game belongs to hill and kelce.

Christine Michael could again be a name to take a flier on. Depending on where he ends up.

Mike Gilislee as well. McCoy is getting older, constantly nicked up.

Meredith, hope he`s a sell in all my leagues because I`m buying all the way.

Meredith is the real deal. If the Bears get a legit qb I can see a top 10 guy for a good price

I think allen robinson is a great buy target. With new coaching and no where to go but up, the stench of this season may be just enough to make him a good value buy target.

Hopkins may fit into this category as well. Though I don't see his situation changing a ton.

Christine Michael could again be a name to take a flier on. Depending on where he ends up.

Mike Gilislee as well. McCoy is getting older, constantly nicked up.

The problem with Robinson is his qb is a joke. I think next year's schedule will make or break him. When the Jags faced good pass defenses he was non existent. So if they get a popcorn sched like two years ago, game on.

The problem with Robinson is his qb is a joke. I think next year's schedule will make or break him. When the Jags faced good pass defenses he was non existent. So if they get a popcorn sched like two years ago, game on.

Bortles is who he was in 2015. They need to gET back on thr same page and new regime may help. For Fantasy purposes and for the value of Allen Robinson I don't necessarily care if Blake Bortles is a good NFL quarterback he just needs to fill the stat sheet playing from behind

I agree about both Robinson and Hopkins being great buy targets.

They should both have very good vaule.

p.

I think Maclin still gets 120 plus targets.....Hill is fast but gimmicky still to me, he has t caught a pass in 2 weeks I think

I like Robinson because we have seen that he can be productive with Bortles. I'd sell on Hopkins. I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel for the Houston QB situation.

I would buy Ajai, especially if you can handcuff with Williams. The Miami line is up and coming and Gase is good at getting production out of his RBs. Buy Howard if his owner doesn't know he has a top 10 RB. I'd buy Perriman and T Hill. Those guys will be important parts of their teams game plans next year. Also buying Kenneth Dixon for same reason. Try to get Jalen Richard before Oakland moves on from Lat. Sell all the old run down RBs. Sell Jordan Reed. That guy is too injury prone and 1 or 2 more head shots and his value goes to 0. With the old guard of TEs aging or injured I'd try to buy low on the next big things in Hunter, Hooper, Swopes and Lad Green.

Gore is the exception and not the rule. He has been adequate (fantasy wise) but really just a RB2.

Whether you keep ADP really depends on your league rules. Personally, I dont like the idea of keeping a RB who is over the age of 30. I think the better move in most leagues is not to keep him and then buy him back (if at auction) or draft him back provided the price isnt too high.

of course, it also depends largely on what you need to give up to keep the guy.

Personally, I wouldnt keep him unless the rules are such that it is to your advantage to do so.

He may even give back one more good year, but it's risky to pay a high price to keep (or acquire)

I'm still buying on Hopkins.

He's put up great number with a bad Qb situation before.

He's going to be a very good value.

I'm going to place a hold on T Hill.

I'm not sold about his weekly ablity to produce.

I like Hopkins, but dont like Osweiler. I feel the O line underperformed in Houston as well.

If Osweiler remains the starter, Hopkins is no more than a WR3. He doesnt throw deep and when he does the accuracy is terrible.

With any other QB that has a deep ball that isnt terrible, he could be worth more.

before I go buying on Hopkins I wanna see what happens in Houston in the offseason.

Bortles is who he was in 2015. They need to gET back on thr same page and new regime may help. For Fantasy purposes and for the value of Allen Robinson I don't necessarily care if Blake Bortles is a good NFL quarterback he just needs to fill the stat sheet playing from behind

Well the problem with that is the Jags defense is becoming pretty good. Ramsey has been on fire and he is showing the Cowboys picking Zeke was one of the biggest mistakes of the draft.

The sad part is when Bortles was good, statistically, it was because the schedule was easy. And the Jags still finished as a really bad team.

Naw not me, I'm going to buy Hopkins as a Wr 2.

His totals from this season show him more in the lines of a wr3.

Sold him in Dynasty mid season. Haven't and won't look back. Got Emanual Sanders and upgraded my 2nd round rookie pick to 1st round. He also threw in Michael Floyd which could pay off depending where he lands.

Nook is just a volume WR. He doesn't create YAC. His average YPC the last two years was 13.7 and 11.7.

He had a massive year two years ago because his volume of targets was insane. I could throw out a ton of WRs that if they saw 11+ targets per game would be statistical monsters. If you gave Perriman, Cooper, Baldwin or D Parker that many targets per game they would put up just as good numbers if not better.

For example,even a guy like Cameron Meredith is an all star when he gets that volume. In the 4 games where Meredith received 12 targets he went for 130/1, 113, 104 and 135/1.

Sold him in Dynasty mid season. Haven't and won't look back. Got Emanual Sanders and upgraded my 2nd round rookie pick to 1st round. He also threw in Michael Floyd which could pay off depending where he lands.

I would trade Floyd asap and use the roster spot for someone with legit upside

I would trade Floyd asap and use the roster spot for someone with legit upside

We have huge rosters so in comparison this is upside. but what do you think I can get in return especially in light of his decent game today.

We have huge rosters so in comparison this is upside. but what do you think I can get in return especially in light of his decent game today.

I would try for a 2nd. I would settle for a 3rd round rookie pick.

I would say that the WRs that score the most ff get the most volume.

And I agree he is a volume Wr.

I think many will drop him down to far , and I'm going to still see him as a Wr 2 based on volume.

Thanks for the reply and the info I do appreciate it.

Happy New Year.

Floyd is going to be an interesting investment , if he sticks.

Floyd is going to be an interesting investment , if he sticks.

I have been saying Arians used him wrong and I say it will become obvious more and more

I have been saying Arians used him wrong and I say it will become obvious more and more

Is that why he was dropping all those passes?

I don't think he was being used wrong , I really don't.

I do agree that he drops a lot of passes and hasn't performed up to the standards where many thought he would be able to.

He's interesting to be going into next season , only to see how the Patriots will use him .

If indeed he stays on the team.

I can't keep up with the NFL commissioner and his own rules.

So if found guilty of this offense does he face a suspension?

Well the problem with that is the Jags defense is becoming pretty good. Ramsey has been on fire and he is showing the Cowboys picking Zeke was one of the biggest mistakes of the draft.

The sad part is when Bortles was good, statistically, it was because the schedule was easy. And the Jags still finished as a really bad team.

Really ? The biggest mistake of the draft ? LOL. Sad, sad commentary from you on this one.

Really ? The biggest mistake of the draft ? LOL. Sad, sad commentary from you on this one.

Ok that was a bit extreme since Zeke is pretty good. One of the bigger mistakes but not the biggest. People will give Zeke too much credit when his offensive line deserves more of it. A vote for mvp is an absolute joke.

I would vote for M Ryan or Carr for MVP.

But I think all mvp awards are a true joke.

But hey the Zeke needs to eat.

I can't keep up with the NFL commissioner and his own rules.

So if found guilty of this offense does he face a suspension?

From what I have heard, I think the real problem is that if he is found guilty, he will face Jail time.

I spoke to someone who has researched the situation and my understanding is that Arizona laws on Drinking & driving are pretty harsh compared to other states and the particulars of this offense (along with the fact this isnt a first offense) likely means he will do time in jail if convicted.

And Yeah, he will likely get a suspension when this is all said & done.

• Like 1

What are you guys doing with Gurley? In another thread I saw a lot of people staying away in the first round of a redraft. Just curious about dynasty and keeper leagues.

Would agree , there no way he's worthy of a first round pick in redraft.

But he's definitely a worthy keeper.

I even changed it.

Would agree , there no way he's worthy of a first round pick in redraft.

But he's diffently a worthy keeper.

I'm sorry - please don't freak out, but I just cannot take it anymore.

The word 'definitely' is definitely spelled d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.

*whew* Thanks, I feel better now. :)

• Like 1