Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Ed Sheeran deletes his twitter after backlash from his 'Game of Thrones' cameo

Ed Sheeran has deleted his Twitter account.
The singer said earlier this month that he wasn't going to read anything on the social network anymore - but now he's gone one step further.
The latest move comes after he had a brief cameo appearance on Game of Thrones, which was seriously mocked by some fans.
He's also announced that he's going to appear in an upcoming episode of The Simpsons.
Ed Sheeran's been having an on-off relationship with Twitter for a while.
In 2016, before the release of his album ÷ (Divide), the singer "took a break" from social media for a whole year.
He said he was sick of seeing the world "through a screen" and wanted to "travel the world and see everything [he had] missed".
But this is the first time he's deleted his account altogether.

He is a giant puss. He allows other people on social media to bully him. ON SOCIAL MEDIA. You don't want to hear what they say? Don't focking read it.

Despite what the article says, it feels like this is about the 900th time he's dropped off Social Media.

He talked about about it on Corden. - How all he had was a landline, etc.

Seems to be a bit of a frail ginger.

Pretty sure the cat has enough coin to hire a friend/relative/whatever to screen/block users on SM if he so desired.

He is a giant puss. He allows other people on social media to bully him. ON SOCIAL MEDIA. You don't want to hear what they say? Don't focking read it.

Isn't that kinda what he did?

Or just delete it...

the scene and him in it were pointless. as i said in the actual thread, i like him as an artist but i dislike blatant star focking in my TV shows. (yeah i know other musical artists have been on the show but some were zombies etc) This was like hey look at Ed Sheerans face a lot while some other guy talks.

supposedly the actress that plays Arya is a big fan.

Seems to be a bit of a frail ginger.

He's made a ton of money because of his sensitivity. Some people are very affected by the negativity. Sheehan seems like one of them.and probably made a wise choice to just delete his account. He'll continue being sensitive. And wealthy.

I don't give a shiat about Sheeran or his Twitting.... the scene was relevant. It moved the story line forward by letting us know that word of the reverse Red Wedding had reached Kings Landing; it informed us that Arya was going to KL to kill the queen, and it support the theme of "nobody's truly good or bad" by making Lannister soldiers the nicest people you'd want to meet on the road.

Ed Sheeran who? don't care. The scene worked.

I don't give a shiat about Sheeran or his Twitting.... the scene was relevant. It moved the story line forward by letting us know that word of the reverse Red Wedding had reached Kings Landing; it informed us that Arya was going to KL to kill the queen, and it support the theme of "nobody's truly good or bad" by making Lannister soldiers the nicest people you'd want to meet on the road.

Ed Sheeran who? don't care. The scene worked.

:rolleyes:

I've never heard of the guy, never seen him before, and couldn't tell you the first thing about him. If you liked the scene or if you didn't, he did his job. Whichever one he was, he was as good an actor as the rest of the extras they had in that scene.

I swear every time I hear his name I think of the guy from the Office and the Hangover movies.

Every time....

I swear every time I hear his name I think of the guy from the Office and the Hangover movies.

Every time....

who? i hated the office but i think i know which one you're talking about by hangover process of elimination.... is his name similar?

I've never heard of the guy, never seen him before, and couldn't tell you the first thing about him. If you liked the scene or if you didn't, he did his job. Whichever one he was, he was as good an actor as the rest of the extras they had in that scene.

i bet you have heard of him, maybe not seen him. you know what scene he was in and i bet you know which one he was. also he had few or possibly no lines while another guy did all the talking so i would debate the actor part of it.

who? i hated the office but i think i know which one you're talking about by hangover process of elimination.... is his name similar?

Ed Helms. I dont know why.

Ed Sheeran can't ruin GOT if you don't know who Ed Sheeran is.

Ed Sheeran can't ruin GOT if you don't know who Ed Sheeran is.

he didnt ruin it for me but the minute i saw him I was like, really? as i said before i hate star focking in my shows.

the scene was relevant. It moved the story line forward by letting us know that word of the reverse Red Wedding had reached Kings Landing

we actually know word of the reverse red wedding has spread to kings landing when cersei and jamie are discussing it, in kings landing, in a scene that happens well before the scene where Arya runs across the small group of soldiers. So it really only tells us where Arya is headed.

Ed Helms. I dont know why.

He should absolutely be the dad on the TV show speechless. It's actually a pretty good show. And the guy who plays the Dad is a dead ringer for Ed Helms. They could totally pull a Darren and nobody would miss a Beat.

Jamie Foxx tells a great story about Ed Sheeran. Ed actually slept on Jamie Foxx's couch for several weeks. Then Jamie took him to a club that was shall we say Blackish. All these different black artists were performing their various stuff. And

Then Jamie made Ed get on the stage. Jamie's black friends were pissed off at him. But Jamie stuck to his guns.

By the time ed was done with his set in a room filled with black people and rappers, Ed got a standing ovation. And the rest is History. Pretty great story.

Every time....

Similar. I hear his name and I think of that 6'9 Cowboys defensive lineman from the 80s. Every time...

I looked him up.

“He was appropriate for the part because he needed to sing. If people didn’t know who Ed was, they wouldn’t have thought about it twice. The hoo-ha seems to be from things that are outside of the world of the show. In the world of the show he did a lovely job, and he looks like he belongs in that world,” the director said.

http://www.newsweek.com/game-thrones-director-defends-ed-sheerans-cameo-he-was-appropriately-cast-and-638524

It's true, I didn't think twice about it. I just thought it was a bunch of f0ggot lannisters sitting around.

My wife was all like "is that Ed Sheeran" and I said I didn't know.

Then something crazy happened.

I watched the scene and didn't give a fock about who that guy was. I mean holy cow who'd have thunk it

finally saw the episode.

what's the faux outrage about?

If you're watching Game of Thrones that intently, you're a little too much wrapped up in your Dungeons and Dragons World anyway.

It's true, I didn't think twice about it. I just thought it was a bunch of f0ggot lannisters sitting around.

Those Lannister soldiers reminded me of myself and my circle of friends from my army days. These are definitely my people.

I'm fighting so me and you and you and you can all go home safely when this is over. Fock the big picture, fock the officers, fock the Kuwaitis, fock the Iraqis. I want the mission to succeed, but not because I give a damn about the mission. Only because beating the tar out of them today means they'll be less capable of blowing us up tomorrow and its gets us one step closer to being out of here and home that much faster.

finally saw the episode.

what's the faux outrage about?

its TWITTER....You have not been paying attention again

its TWITTER....You have not been paying attention again

I don't "do" twitter.

is it a liberal bath house?

i bet you have heard of him, maybe not seen him. you know what scene he was in and i bet you know which one he was. also he had few or possibly no lines while another guy did all the talking so i would debate the actor part of it.

I watched the scene and didn't think anything of it. I liked the scene, like I said, those Lannister soldiers were having the same conversation me and my friends were having when we were running around in Saudi/Iraq next to the tanks.

Then, after the show, it was like "Oh my god, Ed Sheehan was in the Game of Thrones." I was like really? Who's that? Was I supposed to notice him, I failed. I guess you're right in a sense, once I learned he was a Lannister soldier, I'd have guessed the blond singer.

And I'd never heard of him. What the name means to me is back when Deficit George was cheering for the deaths of boys like this getting blown up in pointlessly Iraq, there was this hyperactive mom protester, I think Cindy Sheehan, whose son Casey was one of Deficit George's disposable soldiers and she'd follow the retarded president around and protest outside Crawford or the White house whenever the turdball was in residence. I had great respect for her, "you tell that sh*tbag president what's up." Then she started hanging around with anti-American despots around the world and it was shameful. We both hate George Bush, but not USA. Fock that. I lost respect for her.