Sign in to follow this  
Lee Smith and Harold Baines elected to the HoF by Today's Game Era Committee...

Don't worry, there are a couple of no doubt, all time greats getting in soon. Actually, the two best at their posistions.

why should they be in?

HOF should be for the most dominant players of an ERA. Now I can maybe see an argument for Lee Smith, but Baines and Raines? Cmon

Dale Murphy was like 20th all time in home runs when he retired. The steroids era pushed his home run numbers into the avg. He had back to back MVPs. Name another person with back to back MVPs not in the hall. Oh yeah. Barry bonds. That's it. Murphy has no taint of roids. Was arguably one of the best players for a decade. The steroid era fockd Dale Murphy and baseball just sits by and let it happen. Turns a blind eye to one of it's best players of his era. Because why? Because they compare the numbers of pre roid playrs to that of post roid players. The fact that baines is in the hof and Murphy is not makes me sick.

lol you said the best, and then included Jeter

Mo I agree with, but Jeter, cmon man, wasn't even the best SS on his team

Please. ARod wasn't playing shortstop once he committed to the Roids

Dale Murphy was like 20th all time in home runs when he retired. The steroids era pushed his home run numbers into the avg. He had back to back MVPs. Name another person with back to back MVPs not in the hall. Oh yeah. Barry bonds. That's it. Murphy has no taint of roids. Was arguably one of the best players for a decade. The steroid era fockd Dale Murphy.

Murphy is in the Mcgriff category, as they are pretty close to the same guy, so I agree with you somewhat

however thinking of 80's baseball, I don't know how long until I get to Murph

hes better than Baines and Raines for sure, but not quite Hawk, who is about my cutoff

and don't get me wrong, I am not a big WAR type guy, but Murph was worth about 2.2 WAR/season over his career

fwiw Harold Baines I believe has the lowest WAR of any player in the HOF ever

looking at things closely

Tim Raines is deserving by my own standards, he actually had better numbers than Hawk or Murph, especially when you consider the game of the 80's and having 6 straight 70 sb seasons to start his career and a .303 lifetime avg, 68 WAR career (4 less than Jeter)

For six years 1982-87 Murphy was the best player in the game.

Mattingly.