Sign in to follow this  
NorthernVike

Looks like newbie is outta here again.

You're peaheaded brain cannot understand there genius.

you're right.

But I can understand THEIR genius.

you're right.

Posting to much on the forums has effected your ability too read between the lines.

Whos complaining? I dont sit here crying woe is me. Youre the one pouting bub. How about if you dont want to argue you stop picking fights and stop taking the bait?

I don't cry, MDC, and your characterization is the problem here. I also did exactly as you suggested, and "didn't take the bait".

The question is: do you think that trolling or flaming/insulting - as "bait" - isn't the problem, but the subsequent slap-fighting when someone fires back is?

You've answered the question. You complain about slap-fighting, and I offer a direct truce. Stop it now. But you can't, and you won't.

Typical of the despot. It means that you're doing it to establish some heirarchy, where you can insult, but no one else can, or it's called "picking fights". It's your way of bullying the forum.

There's only one type who does that: someone who is absolutely incapable of the same irl.

YOU picked the fight, and I proved it in the first two weeks back here. You kept slapping and slapping, and when I finally responded in kind, you went all "see??? Why don't you STOP it??

Ridiculous.

you're right.

Sorry, I was trying to make a funny by acting like I was trolling you. I just want to clear 2 things up.

1. I am not very funny and many attempts I make at jokes fail.

2. You are clearly not peabrained, at the very least you are orange brained or possibly even grapefruit brained.

Sorry, I was trying to make a funny by acting like I was trolling you. I just want to clear 2 things up.

1. I am not very funny and many attempts I make at jokes fail.

2. You are clearly not peabrained, at the very least you are orange brained or possibly even grapefruit brained.

I got the joke the first time and actually thought it was funny.

:first:

• Like 1

Maybe, if you're talking about this board. But do you really believe that's the case in the real world?

Within my immediate circle of friends, family, and acquaintances, the political affilations and opinions on social issue vary greatly. There are very few that I could pigeon hole as strictly conservative or liberal.

No, I don't think this place represents the real world, thankfully.

He has almost 18k posts on that FBG forum too, and thats not even counting aliases. Much like People count Ichiros high school, college, little league and tee ball hits for him to get him past Pete Rose, Im gonna count all Newbies forum posts vs Edjrs FFT total.

He has almost 18k posts on that FBG forum too, and thats not even counting aliases. Much like People count Ichiros high school, college, little league and tee ball hits for him to get him past Pete Rose, Im gonna count all Newbies forum posts vs Edjrs FFT total.

I had some 20,000 on TheDanZone (all time leading poster), which we used while FFT had been LatinPimped.

George Carlin has 2,136 (which I used when we got back from being LatinPimped) because I forgot my pwd

basically :cry:

Actually they only used Japan and MLB totals for him to pass Pete Rose, but we get what you are saying...

If only one portion of a fleet of ships is equipped with rudders, a destination, and a navigation chart to arrive, that part's course is predictable, and the results reliable.

When contemplating Right and Wrong, there is usually only one Right, but an endless number of Wrong.

In simplistic terms, maybe.

But that begs the question of what is right? Right for who? For what purpose?

In a complex society of several hundred million people, there is rarely a simple right and wrong.

I dont think right versus left usually comes down to right vs. wrong. At least when you take the corruption and politics special interests game out of it.

Its different approaches, and to some degree, to different end results.

Actually they only used Japan and MLB totals for him to pass Pete Rose, but we get what you are saying...

Sarcasm is over your head.

In simplistic terms, maybe.

It's not simplistic. It is a simplified explanation how people with a common set of principles develop ideological commonality. The very purpose of an analogy is to simplify.

But that begs the question of what is right? Right for who? For what purpose?

This is afield of the point I was making. It's right for conservatives; the group which was your target.

In a complex society of several hundred million people, there is rarely a simple right and wrong.

The right and wrong I'm addressing references big picture principles; not complex issues which would test such a set of principles.

I dont think right versus left usually comes down to right vs. wrong.

I disagree. At the core of the differences between the two ideologies - and you've already ceded it, as you've demonstrated that very difference - is moral relativism versus moral absolutism. You have trouble deciding that there is an absolute right and wrong.

Our side doesn't. Hence, our general uniformity and predictability of position.

At least when you take the corruption and politics special interests game out of it.

Its different approaches, and to some degree, to different end results.

An individual is either principled, or they aren't.

It's not simplistic. It is a simplified explanation how people with a common set of principles develop ideological commonality.

This is afield of the point I was making. It's right for conservatives; the group which was your target.

The right and wrong I'm addressing references big picture principles; not complex issues which would test such a set of principles.

I disagree. At the core of the differences between the two ideologies - and you've already ceded it, as you've demonstrated that very difference - is moral relativism versus moral absolutism. You have trouble deciding that there is an absolute right and wrong.

Our side doesn't. Hence, our general uniformity and predictability of position.

An individual is either principled, or they aren't.

This is exactly what I meant, thank you.

Yeah. Conservatism is a one size fits all ideology. Black and white. Good and bad.

But anyone over the age of twelve should know life is not so simple. And that supposed good decisions often have ripple effects that produce other, harmful, results.

The political spectrum is riddled with such issues. Birth control, is a good example. Conservatives say abstinence is the only good answer.

Of course, that doesnt work, as has been proven throughout the human experience. And forcing it as the only answer creates a host of societal ills.

The market is the answer, to conservatives, and most American liberals, mysef included, would largely agree. But it is plain to see that the market must have limits, for societal good. Where you draw that line is where the game is played.

But bottom line, yeah. I was a conservative once. X was good. Y was bad. Life was so simple and I, like you, had all the answers and was full of zeal to show others the light.

Then I grew up and realized a few things. Life is not that simple. There are very few absolutes in this world. And not everyone wants to live the same way.

Do people honestly think non-conservative posters are lemmings?

I said "segment." How did you expand that to all libs? Also, do you argue against Newbie being a mindless lib lemming? :unsure:

This is exactly what I meant, thank you.

Yeah. Conservatism is a one size fits all ideology. Black and white. Good and bad.

No, that's the core of the lack of understanding of conservatives by liberals, as the study I've linked describing the lack of understanding that is clearly only a one way problem of liberals explains.

There is room for full nuance within conservatism. You're just flummoxed as to how that could be possible.

But anyone over the age of twelve should know life is not so simple.

And liberals over the age of 12 should be able to understand how conservatives acknowledge nuance, but here we are.

And that supposed good decisions often have ripple effects that produce other, harmful, results.

Uh...what in my posts challenges that assertion? I submit - again - that you do not understand conservativism. At all.

The political spectrum is riddled with such issues. Birth control, is a good example. Conservatives say abstinence is the only good answer.

No, they don't. Conservatives say that teaching abstinence - and the morality which undergirds it - is "the best answer", as it limits all the other dysfunctions.

Of course, that doesnt work, as has been proven throughout the human experience. And forcing it as the only answer creates a host of societal ills.

Nonsense. What we've been teaching hasn't been, by any stretch, conservatism. We have a host of societal ills.

The market is the answer, to conservatives, and most American liberals, mysef included, would largely agree. But it is plain to see that the market must have limits, for societal good. Where you draw that line is where the game is played.

This has nothing to do with the topic. Neither did the prior point you made. These are complex issues to which general principles can be applied - and that's it.

But bottom line, yeah. I was a conservative once. X was good. Y was bad. Life was so simple and I, like you, had all the answers and was full of zeal to show others the light.

You were never a conservative, because you - by your own admission - looked at everything in a binary manner. You, thus, were never a conservative.

What you were was a liberal's notion of what a conservative is, and - as such - you didn't maintain it. You 'outed' yourself: you became what you always were.

Then I grew up and realized a few things. Life is not that simple. There are very few absolutes in this world. And not everyone wants to live the same way.

I absolutely cannot stand the smarmy ignorant tone you demonstrate here. No, you loftily claiming "you grew up" doesn't mean that conservatives didn't. No, you realizing that "life is not that simple" doesn't mean that conservatives disagree. No, you realizing that there are few absolutes doesn't make you any different than anyone else. No, you thinking everyone doesn't want to live the same way doesn't disqualify you from being conservative.

All you 'grew up' to realize, titans, is that you were never a conservative, because you never understood it. You were, likely, pressured by family/upbringing/whatever to be a conservative, but you were never let in the club, because what was in your brain is and has always been a liberal.

And that, sir, doesn't mean you understand conservatives any better.

No, that's the core of the lack of understanding of conservatives by liberals, as the study I've linked describing the lack of understanding that is clearly only a one way problem of liberals explains.

There is room for full nuance within conservatism. You're just flummoxed as to how that could be possible.

And liberals over the age of 12 should be able to understand how conservatives acknowledge nuance, but here we are.

Uh...what in my posts challenges that assertion? I submit - again - that you do not understand conservativism. At all.

No, they don't. Conservatives say that teaching abstinence - and the morality which undergirds it - is "the best answer", as it limits all the other dysfunctions.

Nonsense. What we've been teaching hasn't been, by any stretch, conservatism. We have a host of societal ills.

This has nothing to do with the topic. Neither did the prior point you made. These are complex issues to which general principles can be applied - and that's it.

You were never a conservative, because you - by your own admission - looked at everything in a binary manner. You, thus, were never a conservative.

What you were was a liberal's notion of what a conservative is, and - as such - you didn't maintain it. You 'outed' yourself: you became what you always were.

I absolutely cannot stand the smarmy ignorant tone you demonstrate here. No, you loftily claiming "you grew up" doesn't mean that conservatives didn't. No, you realizing that "life is not that simple" doesn't mean that conservatives disagree. No, you realizing that there are few absolutes doesn't make you any different than anyone else. No, you thinking everyone doesn't want to live the same way doesn't disqualify you from being conservative.

All you 'grew up' to realize, titans, is that you were never a conservative, because you never understood it. You were, likely, pressured by family/upbringing/whatever to be a conservative, but you were never let in the club, because what was in your brain is and has always been a liberal.

And that, sir, doesn't mean you understand conservatives any better.

My point is largely thus. People who fervently and completely fall to one side or the other are simple minded bianary people.

I know many conservatives, coming from the south. Some of them have valid reasons for thinking the way they do, and I respect that. We actually agree on a number of issues.

Most are simply froth mouthed zealots.

And yes, the same is absolutely true of most hard left liberals too.

We have become a land where the conversation is dominated by the frothing idiot fringes, on both sides.

Like you running around posting leftist this and libtard that and mental disorder this in every thread. Really shows you are someone not worth paying a shred of attention to.

On that note, :wave:

My point is largely thus. People who fervently and completely fall to one side or the other are simple minded bianary people.

I know many conservatives, coming from the south. Some of them have valid reasons for thinking the way they do, and I respect that. We actually agree on a number of issues.

We have become a land where the conversation is dominated by the frothing idiot fringes, on both sides.

Like you running around posting leftist this and libtard that and mental disorder this in every thread. Really shows you are someone not worth paying a shred of attention to.

The truth hurts - those who can't face it usually run and hide like you. Your fake "I was a conservative" story is cool though, bro. Best fiction I've read in a long time.

But to be honest, if Mensa shredded and humiliated me as bad as he just did you in here I would probably run and turn tail too.

Many on the left hear a persons position on an issue and automatically lump them in with the conservative sterotype of conservative they have dreamt up in their heads. A person says they are pro life and pro 2a a lefty lumps them in with bible thumpers and racists. You're one of those people. You hear someone say the transgender issue is mularky and you cast them a homophobe. On and on. I know plenty of conservatives that are pro gay marriage and anti gender neutral bathrooms in schools. Pro life and would like to see some gun control. I don't find much of that on the left.

Many on the left hear a persons position on an issue and automatically lump them in with the conservative sterotype of conservative they have dreamt up in their heads. A person says they are pro life and pro 2a a lefty lumps them in with bible thumpers and racists. You're one of those people. You hear someone say the transgender issue is mularky and you cast them a homophobe. On and on. I know plenty of conservatives that are pro gay marriage and anti gender neutral bathrooms in schools. Pro life and would like to see some gun control. I don't find much of that on the left.

Yes. and the same is true inversely. People hear a stance on one issue and lump you in with the Birkenstock wearing pride flag waving Antifa loons.

Actually, I think the transgender issue is absolute crap. I venture to guess we agree pretty well perfectly on that one.

And capital punishment. And affirmative action. And a host of other things Im sure.

You hear someone say the transgender issue is mularky and you cast them a homophobe

TBBOM himself says the transgender issue is mularky

Yes. and the same is true inversely. People hear a stance on one issue and lump you in with the Birkenstock wearing pride flag waving Antifa loons.

Actually, I think the transgender issue is absolute crap. I venture to guess we agree pretty well perfectly on that one.

And capital punishment. And affirmative action. And a host of other things Im sure.

But you still have this notion that bible thumpers still have the pull they did for a brief period in the Bush years. It hardly comes up anymore, not at all in the last election. I think the country has moved past it. Sure there are pockets in the country that it may hold sway, but it's really a non-entity at this point. I think you're a bright guy and bring it, but you may want to let that go. No one cares.

TBBOM himself says the transgender issue is mularky

Ok. I generalized there. I'm flawed as well

But you still have this notion that bible thumpers still have the pull they did for a brief period in the Bush years. It hardly comes up anymore, not at all in the last election. I think the country has moved past it. Sure there are pockets in the country that it may hold sway, but it's really a non-entity at this point. I think you're a bright guy and bring it, but you may want to let that go. No one cares.

Id hardly agree that no one cares, but thats just one issue I have with the right.

The cult of corporate greed and welfare is much more my issue. Now yes, I know. The left talks a good game, but doesnt walk the walk. But the right is utterly their lapdog.

Yeah, I have an issue with guns. But that doesnt mean I think gun owners are knuckle dragging white supremacists. Hell, most of my family own AR-15s and other toys.

I dont think the right is racist, although I would say those racists that do exist mostly align with the right. But thats not on them anymore than the antifa fools are on the left.

The thing that i find annoying around these parts is how every other post is mental disorder and leftist or totalitarian or, some other pejorative.

Disagree on the issues. Sure. But lets quit pretending that one side is good and the other is evil. Its childish and stupid. Especially since the truth is mostly that both sides are corrupt and ineffective.

Id hardly agree that no one cares, but thats just one issue I have with the right.

The cult of corporate greed and welfare is much more my issue. Now yes, I know. The left talks a good game, but doesnt walk the walk. But the right is utterly their lapdog.

Yeah, I have an issue with guns. But that doesnt mean I think gun owners are knuckle dragging white supremacists. Hell, most of my family own AR-15s and other toys.

I dont think the right is racist, although I would say those racists that do exist mostly align with the right. But thats not on them anymore than the antifa fools are on the left.

The thing that i find annoying around these parts is how every other post is mental disorder and leftist or totalitarian or, some other pejorative.

Disagree on the issues. Sure. But lets quit pretending that one side is good and the other is evil. Its childish and stupid. Especially since the truth is mostly that both sides are corrupt and ineffective.

It's funny that the only political figure around right now that is anti-corporate greed and welfare is Steve Bannon, a true economic populist, but he was branded a racist so he is dismissed. They Goldman Sachs crew ran him out of town when he brings up getting rid of things like carried interest and all the other they pull. They don't want to hear that so he had to go. He wants proper trade deals so the globalist factions show him the door. Hes a better advocate for the working people of this country than the communists like Bernie and Warren could ever hope to be. But he's been branded so he's shut out.

It's funny that the only political figure around right now that is anti-corporate greed and welfare is Steve Bannon, a true economic populist, but he was branded a racist so he is dismissed. They Goldman Sachs crew ran him out of town when he brings up getting rid of things like carried interest and all the other ###### they pull. They don't want to hear that so he had to go. He wants proper trade deals so the globalist factions show him the door. Hes a better advocate for the working people of this country than the communists like Bernie and Warren could ever hope to be. But he's been branded so he's shut out.

I honestly dont know anything about the guy, so

Ill refrain from comment.

Im not totally on board with Bernie or Lizzie either. They both get a little out there at times. But they are two of the few major figures out there that even talk about such issues, which I like.

I can get down with some of the old Ron Paul platform too. Like dismantling the American empire and global military complex.

I said "segment." How did you expand that to all libs? Also, do you argue against Newbie being a mindless lib lemming? :unsure:

No, I think Newbie was pretty thoughtful with most of his responses, though he certainly played the role of a troll as well. I don't think he was any worse than his counterparts on the other side of the aisle.
  • Like 1

This guy gets it. In the latest mass shooting thread I was insulted, told to STFU and leave the country, simply for elaborating the basis for gun control. While most of it had been said before, it's impossible to discuss some issues without getting berated.

This guy gets it. In the latest mass shooting thread I was insulted, told to STFU and leave the country, simply for elaborating the basis for gun control. While most of it had been said before, it's impossible to discuss some issues without getting berated.

STFUP and go back to Canada you Libruhl cuck!😠

Oh, I'm aware of what you believe. All you're doing is repeating your smarminess. I reject it. You fail to understand conservatism. There are simple-minded 'binary' people all across the spectrum.

As is the case with most people, you simply believe that your way is the right way.

Like you running around posting leftist this and libtard that and mental disorder this in every thread.

:cry:

Liberalism is a dangerous and misguided ideology, and - unlike your grasp of conservatism - I have a full grasp of liberalism.

Care to explain the study that proved that conservatives understand liberalism, but the reverse is not true?

Really shows you are someone not worth paying a shred of attention to.

And yet, here you are. :wave:

Oh, I'm aware of what you believe. All you're doing is repeating your smarminess. I reject it. You fail to understand conservatism. There are simple-minded 'binary' people all across the spectrum.

As is the case with most people, you simply believe that your way is the right way.

:cry:

Liberalism is a dangerous and misguided ideology, and - unlike your grasp of conservatism - I have a full grasp of liberalism.

Care to explain the study that proved that conservatives understand liberalism, but the reverse is not true?

And yet, here you are. :wave:

Mensa trying not to name call and sword fight again.

Why dont you bullies leave Mensa alone? You know he cant control himself.

Mensa trying not to name call and sword fight again.

Why dont you bullies leave Mensa alone? You know he cant control himself.

Ignored that titans plainly couldn't control himself, eh?

Pretty pathetic that you have to invent claims and goad posters constantly. Keep your nose out of a conversation you don't possess the intelligence in which to participate.

Not to derail this thread's lovely and substantive topic, but I looked into Ethereum (and Litecoin) and was fascinated with it, and bought a decent amount of both (ETH @ 286 and LTC @ 54). Both are up. :thumbsup:

BTC I've noticed took a substantial hit, down below 6k briefly. Is your sense of BTC that of a crypto-currency that has jumped the shark, in terms of an investment? It seems like one could set up trading ranges on all three of these and make a killing with buy/sell tactics.

Yeah just keep on holding and dont sell however tempting it might be. Put them in offline storage too.

BTC has doubled every 8 months since its creation. Until that trend stops Id keep buying. I dont think 6/7 or even 8 are near the ceiling. Im comfortable saying I wouldnt be surprised if it was around 15-25 this time next year.

• Like 1

Ignored that titans plainly couldn't control himself, eh?

Pretty pathetic that you have to invent claims and goad posters constantly. Keep your nose out of a conversation you don't possess the intelligence in which to participate.

Titans wasnt complainning about slap fighting and insults yesterday before spending all night slap fighting and calling names, Sniffles.

Titans wasnt complainning about slap fighting and insults yesterday before spending all night slap fighting and calling names, Sniffles.

Titans couldn't control himself. He threw the insults. I did not.

Let me go slow for you: this isn't Groundhog Day. If you started sh1t and didn't say you were going to stop, neither am I. I offered you a truce. You want no part of being the solution here, while whining that others react to your insults.

You're the worst poster in this forum, and there are quite a few from which to choose.

Titans couldn't control himself. He threw the insults. I did not.

Let me go slow for you: this isn't Groundhog Day. If you started sh1t and didn't say you were going to stop, neither am I. I offered you a truce. You want no part of being the solution here, while whining that others react to your insults.

You're the worst poster in this forum, and there are quite a few from which to choose.

Thats rich. You a focking buffoon who brags about his body fat % and IQ and threatens to grind peoples faces into the ground until bone shows. You spend all day here posting these hot winded sermons, sometimes 4-5 posts in a row GFIAFP style and always massively condescending and full of name calling. Then you sob about how other people made you do it, as if youre a retarded boy and not a grown man.

You are like a Frankenstein monster of RPs dooshbaggedyness, Sho Nuffs pathetic persistence and GFIAFPs total lack of self awareness, with an added dose of keyboard muscles phaggotry. Even the people who agree with your politics here focking hate you. :lol: