Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

I thought Richard Sherman claimed he was smart?

This seems like a pretty dumb move to me. Teams have to LOVE seeing people representing themselves.

The only guaranteed portion of Richard Sherman's three-year, $39 million contract is his $3 million signing bonus.

Sherman has been representing himself, so this contract is sure to be criticized by the agent community. So if Sherman doesn't recover smoothly from his Achilles' surgeries, the 49ers could conceivably release him before the season and be on the hook for only $3 million. Sherman also agreed to turn $6 million of his total potential earnings into per-game roster bonuses, paid only if Sherman is on the active, game-day roster. It's an incredibly team-friendly deal.

How the fvck did he agree to that?

He is stupid as a box of rocks. That is how. But hey. He got an underwater basketweaving degree from stanford.

So he's getting paid 3 million for doing nothing. Kind of reminds me of a song by The Steve Miller Band.

We don't know what other teams might have given him, and neither does he.

I think he blew it, and should have had an agent.

He could have maybe even earn more up front money, and I think with an agent that indeed would have been the case.

Sherm has been a shadow of himself the last 2 years. More mentally than physically, just phoning it in.

So hes smart enough to get 3 mil before he retires. Heck, even T.O. played for the hawks at the end.

You guys are looking at this all wrong. It's not the money that mattered in this deal, it was a chance for him to be a part of the Niner family and obviously he couldn't pass it up. ;) . :P

Had to throw in my heavily biased .02 lol.

carry on

He's betting on himself. If the escalators are,a reasonable reach then he banks good money.

Feels like a rebound relationship type move now, but if he plays as he expects himself too he'll get the last laugh.

And he gets to play SEA twice a year.

We don't know what other teams might have given him, and neither does he.

I think he blew it, and should have had an agent.

He could have maybe even earn more up front money, and I think with an agent that indeed would have been the case.

No idea about the other team's part.

But he asked Seattle to match and he'd stay, and they said no.

He's betting on himself. If the escalators are,a reasonable reach then he banks good money.

Feels like a rebound relationship type move now, but if he plays as he expects himself too he'll get the last laugh.

And he gets to play SEA twice a year.

The escalators are not reachable.

Good move for the Seahawks.

That's what he claims, but did he really tell Seattle the *exact* details or just claim the potential total of X million over 3 years?

I hope he doesn't look at what deal Moncrief just received from the Jags.

What a deal for a player that is always hurt.

56 rec in his last 21 games and he received a very good deal.

I'm guessing surgery on both Achilles tendons in the off season has a lot to do with this

I think no agent was the bigger problem.

So he is getting $3 million off the bat, $5 million if he even just plays in the opening game, and $9 million if he plays the season.

Given his health and the fact that he is going to a team that is not Seattle, how much more could an agent have gotten him? For all I care the guy could go away completely.

So he is getting $3 million off the bat, $5 million if he even just plays in the opening game, and $9 million if he plays the season.

Given his health and the fact that he is going to a team that is not Seattle, how much more could an agent have gotten him? For all I care the guy could go away completely.

That we don't know. M

Do you know?

We won't know and don't know,but if a wr that's been unable to stay on the field can get paid the deal he did, I can't even imagine what Sherman might have made if he indeed had a agent.

So how much do you think having an agent would be worth?

Proverbs 16:18&20&25&27.

I think the fact the hawks tried to trade him the last two seasons and couldnt says more than him not having an agent.

Yes. He would have gotten less.

I think he once again showed him self to be a fool and should have hired a agent.

But his pride came first.

Oh my soul.

Moncrief who's have the talent received 9.6 all of it guaranteed.

And a double go Wolfpack, the girls won tonight also. Go pack

Good day sir.

Sam Bradfords agent would have got him a 92 million dollar fully guaranteed contract.

I never liked Sherman. But honestly, in this case why dump on a guy who just got what he wanted without having to go through the agent crap system? Maybe he just wanted to be in SF and play against Seattle twice a year. On an up and coming team no less. Plus he knows he is hurt and on the dowmside of his career.

I hear complaints from sports fans all the time bitching about overpaid players.

Who really cares what players get paid unless you think your favorite team is overpaying someone who is costing the team being able to get better because of it?