Sign in to follow this  
SenatorRock

Anyone selling their Facebook stock? $172 on 3/19/2018

Zuckerberg has sold off over a billion dollars worth of personal stock in the past few months, including nearly $500 million in February alone. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-facebook-zuckerberg/zuckerberg-sold-nearly-500-million-facebook-stock-in-february-idUSKCN1GD5OH

Today FB had its biggest drop in years, losing almost $40 billion in market cap. https://www.marketwatch.com/story/facebook-sheds-more-than-40-billion-of-market-cap-as-investors-flee-stock-2018-03-19

They are on the verge of being exposed for selling, or giving away depending on the party, private personal information to political data analysis groups.

The liberals are pushing the Cambridge Analytica story because it is tangentially tied to Trump. https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/19/17141266/facebook-cambridge-analytica-user-data-donald-trump-campaign-2016-election

The Director of Obama for America also spilled the beans on Twitter today that the Obama campaign did the same thing. And FB approved. https://twitter.com/cld276/status/975565844632821760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

My guess is that FB does not want anyone discussing this (privacy, data mining, etc) so they will send out orders for the media to squash the Cambridge Analytica story. The only problem is that the new media doesn't give a ###### what Zuck thinks and will likely push this story hard and fast.

FB closed at $172 today. Regardless of your politics, is anyone concerned FB is due for a crash?

Buy, sell, or hold?

Yeah Id be worried. People I know have been leaving FB in droves. Before all this even, but it certainly will not help.

Yeah Id be worried. People I know have been leaving FB in droves. Before all this even, but it certainly will not help.

Spot on, I believe it's always going to be cyclical by the way, kids aren't ever going to want to be on the same social media platform as their parents.

The problem I have with dumping Facebook stock is these fockers have a shitload of cash on hand and still bring in a shitload more. They can go out and buy the next big thing and they do. It's hard to stop momentum like that and my be a foolish investment strategy to bet against it as well.

FB has some issues of they were complicit with some of the stuff that is coming out.

Cambridge Analytica is focked for several of their practices (and Team Trump doesnt want people digging into that ...Bannon and Kushner especially). And th trolls like Rock will claim Obummer did the same thing...and will make excuses for the glaring differences between the two methods of culling information from FB (and yes if they did anything illegal they too should be burnt for it).

FB has some issues of they were complicit with some of the stuff that is coming out.

Cambridge Analytica is focked for several of their practices (and Team Trump doesnt want people digging into that ...Bannon and Kushner especially). And th trolls like Rock will claim Obummer did the same thing...and will make excuses for the glaring differences between the two methods of culling information from FB (and yes if they did anything illegal they too should be burnt for it).

I haven't been following the story. What are the differences between the way the two parties, Trump and Obama, used it?

The problem I have with dumping Facebook stock is these fockers have a shitload of cash on hand and still bring in a shitload more. They can go out and buy the next big thing and they do. It's hard to stop momentum like that and my be a foolish investment strategy to bet against it as well.

True but I think this latest scandal will follow them

True but I think this latest scandal will follow them

It'll knock them down for a while but even a couple billion dollar fine or what ever it may end up being isn't the end all to a company this large.

It'll knock them down for a while but even a couple billion dollar fine or what ever it may end up being isn't the end all to a company this large.

Its not the fine, its the violation of trust. People know these companies have access to enormous amounts of personal data but assume they wont abuse it because it means all their users will leave. Facebook broke that tacit agreement. Im sure most others do too but they havent been publicly found out yet.

The big question for me is did Zuckerberg know this was going to come out and that's why he sold over 500 million in facebook stock recently? Lock him up! :o

Its not the fine, its the violation of trust. People know these companies have access to enormous amounts of personal data but assume they wont abuse it because it means all their users will leave. Facebook broke that tacit agreement. Im sure most others do too but they havent been publicly found out yet.

I think you put to much faith in the average person. People simply don't care. Most don't update their facebook settings for privacy for fock sakes.

I haven't been following the story. What are the differences between the way the two parties, Trump and Obama, used it?

The way Obama used it was visionary and benevolent, the way Trump used it was racist.

The way Obama used it was visionary and benevolent, the way Trump used it was racist.

You forgot to sign in as Shonuff

You forgot to sign in as Shonuff

Thats a low blow man...that guy is a focking trolling dickbag.

As to your question above.

Obama's use in 2012 stemmed from their actual Obama 2012 Facebook app. Which, when activated, would give them info like your friends lists, likes, birthdates...it gave you that warning of "this will share your _____ information". There was "choice" involved. Now...it is certainly fair to say that people in 2012 and before didn't pay attention at all to how much of that crap was shared. But you knew you were downloading a political app and that you would be sharing your information with them for political purposes.

Cambridge was disguised as academic surveys I believe...not political...and any use of information was supposed to be for academic purposes. Used in the primaries (at least what was first known...not sure if it was ever determined if they used it in the general).

Heard somewhere...but can't yet find it in a link...of one being reported properly to election officials vs the other as well.

Basically...one was done with actual permissions...the other, not so much it seems.

Yeah I sold back around 50 :D .... :(

In addition Cambridge may be facing issues with having non-citizens working in a US election violating federal law there too.

The FTC is now investigating Facebook as well.

Facebook is a leftist data mining operation :mad:

I wish I could quit her

Facebook is a leftist data mining operation :mad:

I wish I could quit her

Leftist?

Isn't data mining the entire purpose of FB?

Yes-

It was bad enough before all this political harvesting came to light.

All the cute little data collection games and questions- use the name of your first pet and the street you grew up on to get your stripper name.

What was your first car?

Use your age and favorite color to play

Password promps anyone?

Tag your cousins

Tag your kids

Tag your wife

Yes-

It was bad enough before all this political harvesting came to light.

All the cute little data collection games and questions- use the name of your first pet and the street you grew up on to get your stripper name.

What was your first car?

Use your age and favorite color to play

Password promps anyone?

Tag your cousins

Tag your kids

Tag your wife

and tag your husband, because they data raping errbody out here.

• Like 1

My daughter has about thirty grand in FB stock. Me and wifey were talking about dumping it last night but decided to hold on. We'll see.

Isn't data mining the entire purpose of FB?

When people are aware that their information is being used for certain purposes..yes.

That isn't what FB and Cambridge are being accused of.

When people are aware that their information is being used for certain purposes..yes.

That isn't what FB and Cambridge are being accused of.

??? FB mines and sells data for business purpose. That's all they do. What Cambridge did was nothing new, it just had Trump attached.

??? FB mines and sells data for business purpose. That's all they do. What Cambridge did was nothing new, it just had Trump attached.

What Cambridge did may very well be illegal.

Using data for political purposes when it was stated to be for academic.

What Cambridge did may very well be illegal.

Using data for political purposes when it was stated to be for academic.

I am certain one of your lefty sites has blasted such. People voluntarily signed up for an app, I'd like to the see the fine print, but I am pretty sure i already know what it says.

Non story otherwise. Great buying opportunity FB discounted over 11% last two days.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT7xCabFaxskAfgBx.9w4;_ylu=X3oDMTEydnJubjEwBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjU0NjhfMQRzZWMDc2M-/RV=2/RE=1521605058/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.foxnews.com%2ftech%2f2018%2f03%2f20%2fobama-2012-campaign-sucked-data-from-facebook-former-official-says.amp.html/RK=2/RS=TuM7g2vbKIe2Us_7EDTh1DP6dPk-

They came to office in the days following election recruiting & were very candid that they allowed us to do things they wouldnt have allowed someone else to do because they were on our side, she added, in a subsequent tweet.

Just take the former Obama official's word for it instead of Sho's version.

• Like 1

Here comes Should Nuff, to stand up for what is right!

And there is starfish to again add nothing intelligent to the conversation.

I am certain one of your lefty sites has blasted such. People voluntarily signed up for an app, I'd like to the see the fine print, but I am pretty sure i already know what it says.

For an academic survey and not to have their information sold off for political purposes (among Cambridges problems...there are more).

Non story otherwise. Great buying opportunity FB discounted over 11% last two days.

Such a non story the CEO has been suspended?

Possible violation of federal law is a nonstory now?

You all should read up in just what has been alleged about CA.

Such a non story the CEO has been suspended?

Possible violation of federal law is a nonstory now?

Yep

im assuming most of you joined facebook when it was already past its prime anyway which was basically when it was strictly a platform for college students to keep in touch with their friends. no high school kids with accounts or parents or grandparents. you had a school e-mail or you didn't have facebook.

then it died.

im assuming most of you joined facebook when it was already past its prime anyway which was basically when it was strictly a platform for college students to keep in touch with their friends. no high school kids with accounts or parents or grandparents. you had a school e-mail or you didn't have facebook.

then it died.

Facebook is dead, but this place lives on. :lol:

• Like 1