Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

New England vs Atlanta SuperBowl 51 - Pregame Discussion

We might as well get this going now.

Can the Pats D slow down Matty Ice?

Game over by halftime. Worst Super Bowl ever which makes sense because this NFL playoffs has been the worst ever for blowouts. NE 38, ATL 6.

Not. Even. Close.

Game over by halftime. Worst Super Bowl ever which makes sense because this NFL playoffs has been the worst ever for blowouts. NE 38, ATL 6.

Not. Even. Close.

Not a chance. The Pats experience on offense may win them the game, but that Atlanta offensive line is playing very good. The Falcons will move the football.

Can't wait. Will be good. Atlanta D will not give that 15 yard cushion

Will be close

Not. Even. Close.

Far to many weapons for Atlanta to only score 6 points. Atlanta's line, plus the 2 backs are playing great. Julio could be the best reciever in football. Not sure if Ryan has officially shed the choker label, but he's in an incredible zone right now. And Sanu, Hooper, and Gabriel are all holding their own as well.

Atlanta might lose, but I'd bet the farm they put up at least 20 points on New England.

We might as well get this going now.

Can the Pats D slow down Matty Ice?

They've got to, for a fitting finale for Brady's FU Tour - and to give Goodell the biggest finger ever. :D

I can understand the Patriots being slight favorites because of their defensive edge, but Matty Ice and Co. look unstoppable. We will see if Commander Bill has a game plan to slow them down.

• Like 1

They've got to, for a fitting finale for Brady's FU Tour - and to give Goodell the biggest finger ever. :D

Living in Ma. and finding about 90% of the New England fan base to be obnoxious whiners. A Patriots win this time would be pretty god damn funny though. Just thinking of Goodell handing the trophy to Brady is worth it. I'm laughing right now, picturing Goodell trying to make a fake smile.

Living in Ma. and finding about 90% of the New England fan base to be obnoxious whiners. A Patriots win this time would be pretty god damn funny. Just thinking of Goodell handing the trophy to Brady is worth it. I'm laughing right now, picturing Goodell trying to make a fake smile.

:cheers:

Should be a good game. ATL unstoppable but NE looking pretty good too plus they've got the super bowl experience.

I expect a close high scoring game :thumbsup:

I know this is off subject but Deion Sanders and LaDainain Tomlinson cracked some funny jokes on fans who skyped in on NFL Gameday Prime. As soon as they post it, so will I. :lol:

Should be a good game. ATL unstoppable but NE looking pretty good too plus they've got the super bowl experience.

I expect a close high scoring game :thumbsup:

It'll be interesting to see what Quinn cooks up on defense. Don't forget, he was the Seattle Defensive Coordinator , when they beat us in 49.

Going to pick the Falcons to win.

they could have easily scored 50 on seattle and greenbay, Defense is gelling at the right time.If you look at their games since losing to kc, they have blown out everyone in the last 6 games (if you watched the games saints and packers closed the gap in garbage time).I just dont see a way the patriots win this

42-14, 41-13, 33-16, 38-32, 36-20, 44-21

they could have easily scored 50 on seattle and greenbay, Defense is gelling at the right time.If you look at their games since losing to kc, they have blown out everyone in the last 6 games (if you watched the games saints and packers closed the gap in garbage time).I just dont see a way the patriots win this

42-14, 41-13, 33-16, 38-32, 36-20, 44-21

I do - Atlanta will mysteriously not be able to move the ball and play like crap. Just like everyone that plays NE does. Atlanta is just happy to be there. This game has blow out written all over it. Sadly, thats really how its going to go. Its so bad and people are so bored with it that rather than watch the game we are having a poker tournament on SB Sunday instead. We'll check the score at halftime and if by some miracle its NOT a blowout we will watch some of the 3rd quarter until the eventual blowout happens. Just to see.

Its the right way to approach it. Been burned way too many times this postseason with horrible games to piss away an entire evening on this crap.

I do - Atlanta will mysteriously not be able to move the ball and play like crap. Just like everyone that plays NE does. Atlanta is just happy to be there. This game has blow out written all over it. Sadly, thats really how its going to go. Its so bad and people are so bored with it that rather than watch the game we are having a poker tournament on SB Sunday instead. We'll check the score at halftime and if by some miracle its NOT a blowout we will watch some of the 3rd quarter until the eventual blowout happens. Just to see.

Its the right way to approach it. Been burned way too many times this postseason with horrible games to piss away an entire evening on this crap.

like the last time Atlanta made the Super Bowl.. just happy to be there

I'm waiting for this line to raise. Seems a lot of early money is on the Patriots. If it gets to 4 I'm gonna hammer Atlanta. I think they're more than capable of making this a competitive game.

I like the money line already.

Plus 1:38.

If the spread goes up would be a bonus.

Think the Falcons win out right.

As Buccaneers fan, I hope Atlanta loses. As a football fan, I like to see new teams, so I hope New England loses. Since both can't lose, I hope the power goes out in the stadium with no chance of it coming back on and the game is cancelled. That way, neither team can claim they actually "won" the Super Bowl. I'll be DVR'ing the UConn girls basketball game and watching that instead of the Sucker Bowl. Boooo!!!! :)

All of the Patriots super bowl appearances (wins and losses) have been very close games. So history really doesn't support your prediction here :dunno:

Far to many weapons for Atlanta to only score 6 points. Atlanta's line, plus the 2 backs are playing great. Julio could be the best reciever in football. Not sure if Ryan has officially shed the choker label, but he's in an incredible zone right now. And Sanu, Hooper, and Gabriel are all holding their own as well.

Atlanta might lose, but I'd bet the farm they put up at least 20 points on New England.

Didn't know Matt Ryan ever had a choker label...

I think the Falcons are hot on offense and pull out a close victory.

Atlanta- 27

NE- 23

I'd like to see the Pats lose. Also, ATL needs to hire security at their hotel in HOU to watch each and every fire alarm during SB week.

I'd like to see the Pats lose. Also, ATL needs to hire security at their hotel in HOU to watch each and every fire alarm during SB week.

If they're smart they will stay in a hotel outside of the city and bus in for games and practices.

Didn't know Matt Ryan ever had a choker label...

You could be right, maybe it's jut me. I just always thought of him as doing bad in playoff games.

The only one I ever remember him winning was against Seattle in Wilson's rookie year. And I think even that win had to be a long field goal as time expired.

Ryan has thrown 3 or more TDs in four consecutive postseason games. I think he's been terrific in the playoffs.

And be extra careful of being videotaped in practice or whatever else. That cheating crap cost the Rams the SB in 2001. Remember that fiasco? Best offense ever *mysteriously* shut down by a team that never played them before. Coincidence? Not really but whatever. :D

Ryan has thrown 3 or more TDs in four consecutive postseason games. I think he's been terrific in the playoffs.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth

And be extra careful of being videotaped in practice or whatever else. That cheating crap cost the Rams the SB in 2001. Remember that fiasco? Best offense ever *mysteriously* shut down by a team that never played them before. Coincidence? Not really but whatever. :D

You whine a lot. It isn't very manly :dunno:

This is the best offensive line Matty Ice has ever had, and that will be the difference in this game.

And balance.

This is a very well balanced offense that Ryan is playing with.

I think they win.

I'm praying that he money line goes up and over a buck forty.

This is the best offensive line Matty Ice has ever had, and that will be the difference in this game.

Pats can't generate much rush without blitzing.

Only way I see them stopping Atlanta offense is if they come up with a hell of a zone scheme. But Matt Ryan probably isn't too easy to trick anymore

They played that same year in the regular season and the Pats held them to 24 points.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200111180nwe.htm

• Like 1

Pats can't generate much rush without blitzing.

Only way I see them stopping Atlanta offense is if they come up with a hell of a zone scheme. But Matt Ryan probably isn't too easy to trick anymore

Saw him on the NFL Channel with his OC today. By the way is there a bigger focking hammer on TV than Kay Adams? Ryan and Shanny Jr are dialed in.

Also, nobody on the ATL OL has missed a single game this year. The Ryan Schraeder signing was genius, he had very good grades last year from PFF, and of course Alex Mack is a top 3-4 center in the NFL.