Am I the only one that thinks that there is NO chemistry between Mike Golic and Trey Wingo? Blaghhhghh!

What is ESPN thinking breaking up the dynasty that was Mike & Mike?

If anything, just continue with the Mike & Mike show with the two Golics. Trey Wingo... NO!

Nothing personal against Wingo... just no chemistry there with Golic IMHO.

Seems like Greenberg is on to bigger and better things with his own show but it is going to suck not having my morning Mike & Mike football banter during the fantasy football season. Even my wife said "Oh no! No more Mike & Mike during the football season?"

It was a great run... will miss the show

The Capn'

Golic is gr8 to get the real scoop. Greenburg reminds me of the guy who did Monday Nite Football that 1 year. He would start going into a long discussion about the grass, football, and the smell of hot dogs. As far as espn , its been ages since i watched it to any length of time,its to liberal and unwatchable.

I agree. When ESPN began espousing their Liberal views on nearly every broadcast, I stopped watching. Back in the day, they were the only place to get sporting news. Today, we have 570 satellite channels with DirecTV. Of those, probably 30 are sports information or something of the sort.

I enjoyed Mike & Mike on the radio, but was it just me, or did you feel tension between the two of them at times? Golic seemed very content and happy with the show, but Greeny always seemed as though he wanted to do something else, or advance further than a morning talk show.

The dumbest part is they announced that they final show is Nov 18. WTF???

Middle of football season? I mean hell, Gberg is effectively gone now.

Should have just made the official new show late this summer.

I can understand Gberg wanting to do something different. That job must get old.

Gberg fancies himself another Mitch Albom; He's done a number of books.

The Magic Kingdom (Disney) is trying to turn him into the next Ryan Seacrest or something,

but I don't think he carries the charisma.

No way Golic can carry a show. You know who could (and still fit the mold?) 'Stink'- Mark Sclereth.

Put him and a QB type (they've got enough of them) like Hasselback, etc. in there;

Totally play against the 'pre-existing condition of DB vs. QB and voila.

Don't know where the hell 'Stink' disappeared to these days.

In the end, it doesn't matter whom they pair with Golic;

the only shows ESPN wants now involve race-baiting and frequent use of the word "swag".

They had an actual headline about how some NBA player switched shoe brands. - Really?

I swear, even Stuart Scott would hate the new BETSPN.

Greenberg has always been good at researching the details and being able to talk non-stop knowing all the sports points with research. Golic was always good for a little comic relief but also knows his football and would add real football experience where Greenberg had none. They had chemistry. I am not sure Golic/Wingo will be watchable for me.

The dumbest part is they announced that they final show is Nov 18. WTF???

Middle of football season? I mean hell, Gberg is effectively gone now.

Should have just made the official new show late this summer.

I can understand Gberg wanting to do something different. That job must get old.

Gberg fancies himself another Mitch Albom; He's done a number of books.

The Magic Kingdom (Disney) is trying to turn him into the next Ryan Seacrest or something,

but I don't think he carries the charisma.

No way Golic can carry a show. You know who could (and still fit the mold?) 'Stink'- Mark Sclereth.

Put him and a QB type (they've got enough of them) like Hasselback, etc. in there;

Totally play against the 'pre-existing condition of DB vs. QB and voila.

Don't know where the hell 'Stink' disappeared to these days.

In the end, it doesn't matter whom they pair with Golic;

the only shows ESPN wants now involve race-baiting and frequent use of the word "swag".

They had an actual headline about how some NBA player switched shoe brands. - Really?

I swear, even Stuart Scott would hate the new BETSPN.

I agree that Mark Sclereth could be the personality needed to go with Golic. Wingo just ain't it IMHO.

Seems like ESPN is imploding a bit though.

Isn't Wingo a golf analyst or something?? Isn't that how he got started at ESPN? Anyway, he's ok, but he's not Greenie.

Nobody is Greenie. lol

One more knock against Espn. It's becoming very unwatchable for me too. I wonder if they are noticing a dip in the ratings after they fired half their best known personalities?

Isn't Wingo a golf analyst or something?? Isn't that how he got started at ESPN? Anyway, he's ok, but he's not Greenie.

Nobody is Greenie. lol

One more knock against Espn. It's becoming very unwatchable for me too. I wonder if they are noticing a dip in the ratings after they fired half their best known personalities?

Greenie is a talker... For me that is what makes him good. He can jabber on and on non-stop no stumbling like a lot of folks do. Great radio voice.

Golic needs that talker personality... I don't think Wingo is it... that's alls I'm sayin'.

I always liked Greenie a lot more than Golic personally. Back when I used to listen to ESPN, if Golic was out, I'd still listen to the Mike and Mike show, but not when Greenie was out. I do like 3 as host, and it's possible he's not a good fit for Golic, but my guess is that it's because of Golic and not 3. I do like Ryen Russillo though. I thought the Russillo/Kanell show was even better than Mike and Mike. Those two were great. Just another reason to stop watching ESPN in my opinion.

Mike and Mike hate each other. Why would they stay together?

They hate each other because Greeny decided to leave the show without telling Golic his intentions. Golic thought Greeny owed it to him as a long time partner and friend. Greeny didn't think he owed Golic anything

ESPN hasn't been worth watching since NFL Primetime left.

Primetime and Berman was the highlight version of Tecmo Bowl.

Flat out f'n awesome.

RIP ESPN a long time ago.

• Like 1

They hate each other because Greeny decided to leave the show without telling Golic his intentions. Golic thought Greeny owed it to him as a long time partner and friend. Greeny didn't think he owed Golic anything

This...and Golic thinks he made Greenberg what he is.

Frankly, I don't find Greenie very entertaining on his own. Though, like most, I recognize that he and Golic had a great chemistry together (at least until the ice breakup a couple months ago).

Greenie has never lacked for ambition. He has always aspired for bigger and greater things. Serious or not, it should have been clear to anyone listening to the show that he was looking for a bigger stage.

Ultimately, I think they will both be mature enough to look past the initial tension of the change and remain friends. It will probably take a little time, but us as outsiders likely won't know anything about that.

Espn is a sinking ship. I believe Fox Sports is kicking their tail all over the place

Thanks to ESPN's liberal movement, I switched to Fox Sports and found that they are significantly better! Thanks ESPN for helping me find the best programming out there.

i always thought this was the best entertainment sports show ever. but it needs both of them. now my new fave is movin the chains on nfl network. jim and pat are awesome

The local Chicago show was better imo, Boers and Bernstein. Boers retired and was replaced by Jason Goff. Still a good show, but Goff just adds too much annoyance, since Bernstein can be annoying in his own way

• Like 1

The local Chicago show was better imo, Boers and Bernstein. Boers retired and was replaced by Jason Goff. Still a good show, but Goff just adds too much annoyance, since Bernstein can be annoying in his own way

the score. yeah. i hate arrogent bernstein as he was with boers. he doesnt act like that as much with others. i tend to think hes a massive jerk with good talent when he loses his self love of his own opinions.

• Like 1

You're a fellow Score listener as well? I liked Boers and Bernstein better than what it is now and I liked Spiegel and Goff better than what it is now. I don't mind Parkins but I felt Spiegel and Goff were great together. I was a big fan of Goff but now he's worn on me some now that he's with Bernstein.

You're a fellow Score listener as well? I liked Boers and Bernstein better than what it is now and I liked Spiegel and Goff better than what it is now. I don't mind Parkins but I felt Spiegel and Goff were great together. I was a big fan of Goff but now he's worn on me some now that he's with Bernstein.

Yep. Mully and Hannley in the morning. I wasn't a huge fan of Speigel or Perkins. I have been away from Chicago for almost 4 months, so I am a bit out of touch with sports radio

Yep. Mully and Hannley in the morning. I wasn't a huge fan of Speigel or Perkins. I have been away from Chicago for almost 4 months, so I am a bit out of touch with sports radio

I don't listen as much during the summer. I'm a Cubs fan but what they talk about on the radio this time of year doesn't appeal to me as much. I love listening to it during football season. Hearing them talk about the White Sox and Bulls bores me.

That show sucks, and I have been listening to Sports Talk Radio for probably three decades at least. Golic is just a freaking blowhard who thinks just because he was a stiff playing football back in the 90s he's an expert on everything. Actually like Greenberg you could tell in the last year he was not long for it though.

The fact that Golic put his kid on there is just a joke. The show is barely worth listening to at all in fact I can't stand it. I personally think Jim Rome has the best Sports Talk Radio Show in the country but I'm sure that opinion is not universally shared.

I personally think Jim Rome has the best Sports Talk Radio Show in the country but I'm sure that opinion is not universally shared.

I like Rome. I listened to him on a daily basis for a few years when I was able to. Some of his rants about softball guy or gym guy are hilarious.

I like Rome. I listened to him on a daily basis for a few years when I was able to. Some of his rants about softball guy or gym guy are hilarious.

He's just different, which isn't necessarily a bad thing in sports talk. But he's hands down the best interviewer in the business.

Has anyone seen Greenie on that celebrity challenge show? It's painful because he looks unhappy and demoted.

Just tuned in to watch Battle of the Network Stars, with Greenie as an announcer. UNWATCHABLE!

Since this is mostly about ESPN, I'd like to add that I don't care about Lavar Ball. He is a nothing, a non-story. Espn looks foolish for catering to his antics for attention.

Not that I listen much, but if he becomes the topic I immediately change the station or channel. They won't get ratings from me with talk of that dbag.