Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Alex Collins

If that performance didn't show the coaches he should be THE guy then nothing will. He's clearly the best offensive weapon they have at the moment.

If that performance didn't show the coaches he should be THE guy then nothing will. He's clearly the best offensive weapon they have at the moment.

dude, I dont think anybody was ever questioning his talent.

his problem has always been fumbling.

That is what has kept him off the field

If he didnt have the fumbling problem, he might have been a first or second round pick in the draft. That's how bad his fumbling issue was perceived as being at that time.

instead he was drafted in the 5th round.

This is why the coaching staff does not trust him as much as you would like, and this is why he doesnt play as often as you would like.

PFF has a nice writup about him in their analysis. I think it is pretty close to spot on.

dude, I dont think anybody was ever questioning his talent.

his problem has always been fumbling.

That is what has kept him off the field

If he didnt have the fumbling problem, he might have been a first or second round pick in the draft. That's how bad his fumbling issue was perceived as being at that time.

instead he was drafted in the 5th round.

This is why the coaching staff does not trust him as much as you would like, and this is why he doesnt play as often as you would like.

PFF has a nice writup about him in their analysis. I think it is pretty close to spot on.

Don't get me wrong.. I understand that concern. With that said... even with the fumbling he's a guy they should be playing. He could fumble once a game and probably still be worth what he's able to add to the team. 50% kidding

How many times did he fumble in Seattle?

Either you trust him or you don't. They trust him or wouldn't give him ball first play of game in their own territory. I think it's more a philosophy some coaches use. That one guys shouldn't or can't carry a full load unless they have certain pedigree for doing that

How many times did he fumble in Seattle?

Either you trust him or you don't. They trust him or wouldn't give him ball first play of game in their own territory. I think it's more a philosophy some coaches use. That one guys shouldn't or can't carry a full load unless they have certain pedigree for doing that

Let's put it this way.

if you dont put up ADP/LT/Priest holmes type numbers (Im talking their prime) then it is tough to justify a fumbler.

Lots of people think a turnover is worth -50 yards.

factor that into the stats. Then tell yourself if that player is worth it.

He has been putting up good numbers. So maybe he will be a player.

Buck Allen fumbled a GL carry. Buck got a lot of carries, but I think that was somewhat due to the huge lead.

The game couldn't have gone any better for Collins. He showed power, speed, vision, awesome feet, and even good hands.

Buck/Woodhead are not on his level. He's a borderline RB1 ROS, especially when Flacco and Wallace come back to keep the safeties back.

He's only a borderline rb1 or even a Rb2 if the Ravens coaching staff turns the rains over to him.

I don't think they will.

Woodhead isn't going to just sit on the bench.

Allen isn't going to stop getting goal line att.

I see him still being on a short pitch count.

I'm not saying that's the right move, but for some reason that's how these NFL coaches seem to coach.

I would just give him the rb1 job, but don't think they will.

Just ask Mixon.

Collins is fools gold. He will go back to his usual 6-7 pts next week. Let everyone else scramble to pick him up. BAL offense stinks. He is stil going to split carries 50/50. Woodhead coming back. I mean if you're desperate at RB then by all means, but if you are ok ar RB be smart and pick up a guy like DeDe Westbrook, etc..

Collins is fools gold. He will go back to his usual 6-7 pts next week. Let everyone else scramble to pick him up. BAL offense stinks. He is stil going to split carries 50/50. Woodhead coming back. I mean if you're desperate at RB then by all means, but if you are ok ar RB be smart and pick up a guy like DeDe Westbrook, etc..

Sorry you dropped him before Thursday night.

Sorry you dropped him before Thursday night.

that was a one time thing.

the whole second half was garbage time and both RB's got a lot of carries.

If you think this is gonna be the norm, you need to think again.

20-0 at the half and an early 3rd Quarter TD off a turnover.

that means a full second half of running the football. Not a normal game at all.

Meh, it was a tough match up. He's clearly the go-to guy on early downs and should get 12-18 carries a game. Schedule gets a little easier.