Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Dynasty Rankings Update

I just noticed this....

John Ross and Donte Moncreif ranked higher than Tyreek Hill?? Especially John Ross. That's insane. Hill had one of best ffball seasons ever for a rookie, especially for a guy listed at receiver, and John Ross is ranked higher.... remind me, when was the last time the Bengals WR2 was consistently relevant?

Be aware I submitted these rankings about a week or two before Maclin was released. Now, I would have Hill over Ross obviously.

With that said, when's the last time the Bengals invested a top-10 pick into a receiver (since A.J. Green)? Beyond that, when's the last time Cincinnati had a second receiver as explosive as Ross? Darnay Scott? It's been a while.

However, I still have no problem with Moncrief over Hill. Better QB, better system and no off-field concerns. I have a long memory on some players, and one quiet off-field year from Hill doesn't all of the sudden make him a saint. Plus, do we really believe Hill is going to average a touchdown about once every 9.5 touches again this year?

Another point: How did Hill do in Weeks 15 and 16 last year? No catches either game. He saved both days for his owners with long runs. Is that repeatable? And is getting shut out in consecutive weeks a minor hiccup or sign of things to come?

Apparently John Ross is going to be the best long ball TD-catcher and scariest threat the league has ever seen.

Randy Moss might disagree with you here, but your point is still valid; POOR wording on my part. A better way to say it would have been something like "Further along than DeSean Jackson was as a rookie."

Now, I would have Hill over Ross.

Great work as always FBG. Really appreciate your articles.

Russel Wilson seems low to me. Granted Winston and Marriota are 5 years younger, but Wilson was the #3 FF QB in 2015, and was hurt most of last year. The improved o-line gives me no hesitation to rank him up closer to the #5 QB (above Matt Ryan, Stafford, WInston and Marriota).

He was a top 3 QB in most formats week 9-17 last year as well.

He was a top 3 QB in most formats week 9-17 last year as well.

He is also a quarterback who relies heavily on his mobility in order to generate fantasy points. We saw last year what happens when his mobility was compromised, and I'm not entirely sure the o-line is significantly better. Plus, Wilson has shown a frustrating tendency to be a second-half-of-the-season QB. The argument can be made for Wilson ahead of Ryan and Stafford, and I'd have no problem with someone if they opted to go that route. In retrospect, I probably have Carr too high, but I like his chances of taking another step with Musgrave out of town.

Before the start of the season, likely the last week of the preseason. I'm doing eight more Big Boards between now and then, so any sooner might take a act of God.

• Like 1