Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Freeman vs Gordon @ end of rd 1

Who do u guys like better in ppr? Seems like freeman has higher upside and more explosive but also more competition and forces you to likely draft Coleman as a very expensive handcuff.

Freeman, easy. I believe Gordon will be a bust this year. Don't worry about drafting Coleman. Let someone else waste a pick on him.

Freeman, easy. I believe Gordon will be a bust this year. Don't worry about drafting Coleman. Let someone else waste a pick on him.

And in a Ppr would u take Jordy Nelson over both?

I dont know if he will be an outright bust, but I do think that he wont perform up to the level of the hype.

Yes, they drafted 2 o linemen at the draft, but one is already hurt meaning they may be forced to start Tuerk. He was considered to be the best pulling center in the draft, but wasnt ready last year and had a season ending knee injury early so essentially red shirted for a year.

it is also possible they may start Tuerk at Guard instead of Center.

I think he will eventually break in to become a starter, but you are looking at him (basically a rookie) and Feeny (also a rookie) being inserted into the lineup.

when you see more than one rookie on a line there is almost always some growing pains that comes with that.

I see a slight increase in yards, and a decline in TD's because Rivers actually will have some heatlhy receivers to throw to in the red zone this year.

in the end, I'm thinking he will be a high end RB2 or low end RB1. Not a top 5-6 RB that the boards and magazines are predicting.

Me? Yes. I have Freeman rated as the #4 RB and 6th overall behind Johnson, Elliott, Bell, Brown, and Jones.

I think it depends.

in a keeper/dynasty, I'd take both over Jordy because i think Jordy has 1-2 good years left before age starts to catch up with him and the two RB's in question are both young RB's with plenty of upside.

in a redraft (because this year's production is all that matters) Jordy is your man.

Im going with Gordon on this. People forget how highly touted he was coming into the league.Sometimes it just takes a year or two to actualize. Also Gordon doesmt have a well established back up behind him . Also, Freeman is now cozy with his new contract. And Atlanta will regress but that is only an opinion on my part...

• Like 1

Ugh, I am trying to stay away from both.

Freeman because of Coleman. Coleman is good and the Falcons like him. He's always a threat to steal more work or even the job altogether should Freeman struggle.

Gordon because I don't think he's that good and the Chargers always have issues.

If I had to pick one I'd go with Freeman. He'll probably be great this year and my fear of Coleman is likely misplaced

Freeman and it's not close. Gordon is pedestrian.

Gordon was a pedestrian top 6 RB in my league last year. Simple ppr league.

Gordon was a pedestrian top 6 RB in my league last year. Simple ppr league.

That doesn't make him un-pedestrian.

That doesn't make him un-pedestrian.

Are we gonna play this game? Ok. Define pedestrian, then people can comment about it.

Are we gonna play this game? Ok. Define pedestrian, then people can comment about it.

When he gets the ball he doesn't go far with it. His YPC is utterly pedestrian.

When he gets the ball he doesn't go far with it. His YPC is utterly pedestrian.

So he had 41 receptions for 419 yards and gained about 1000 yards at 4 yards per carry. He totalled 12 touchdowns. Pedestrian to you means he is not a top 4 ppr runningback.

At least we know your grading system now. Thanks for the insight.

So he had 41 receptions for 419 yards and gained about 1000 yards at 4 yards per carry. He totalled 12 touchdowns. Pedestrian to you means he is not a top 4 ppr runningback.

At least we know your grading system now. Thanks for the insight.

It's well documented that Gordon's stats were misleading, as a lot in FF tend to be. A guy can run poorly but have a bunch of 1yd plunge tds and suddenly he is a top scoring player. A WR can disappear half the season then put up a 200yd game with 3tds and suddenly he's the 9th highest scoring wr. It makes him a superb value for where you drafted him last season but people are skeptical about paying the high premium this season

It's well documented that Gordon's stats were misleading, as a lot in FF tend to be. A guy can run poorly but have a bunch of 1yd plunge tds and suddenly he is a top scoring player. A WR can disappear half the season then put up a 200yd game with 3tds and suddenly he's the 9th highest scoring wr. It makes him a superb value for where you drafted him last season but people are skeptical about paying the high premium this season

his stats were consistent from game to game. not jay ajayi dude.

Actually, why dont you back up your statement with facts and numbers.

oh, and what is wrong with being a back that the team trusts to rush near the goalline? how is that misleading?

oh, and what is wrong with being a back that the team trusts to rush near the goalline? how is that misleading?

It's fine and he could have a great year, I'm just telling you why some are hesitating. His low ypc makes people think if all the tds (which are flukey year to year) arent there again that he won't be worth a top 4-5 rb pick. It's textbook stat chasing when a guy disappoints, then breaks out and has a bunch of tds. He's a guy who will get the bulk of the carries, so that's pretty great, I won't say dont draft him. But we routinely get burned chasing stats year to year so people are always looking for the red flags. People won with Gordon because they paired him with other guys at the top of the draft. This year, he is the early pick so it's a lot of pressure.

You are talking about a mid 1st round pick for a guy who has yet to run for 4 ypc and yet to rush for 1k yds (I know he got hurt, jus sayin.). You are paying for things that have not happened yet. I would rather pay for Lesean McCoy or Freeman to deliver a season they have already proven they can deliver.

• Like 1

Im going with Gordon on this. People forget how highly touted he was coming into the league.Sometimes it just takes a year or two to actualize. Also Gordon doesmt have a well established back up behind him . Also, Freeman is now cozy with his new contract. And Atlanta will regress but that is only an opinion on my part...

maybe I'm misremembering, but I had Rivers last yr and it seemed like at least once a game a wr/te would get tackled at the damn 2 yd line.

Gordon will be hard pressed to score as many tds again this yr.

And without looking I think his ypc sucked

His YPC wasnt good.

He also ran behind one of the worst lines in football.

they have drafted 3 solid players in the last 2 years, but 2 are rookies and one of those is already hurt. The third (tuerk)was a rookie last yr, and missed the season with an injury. so basically 3 rookies, one of which is hurt.

I think the line will be better, but not by as much as people think. This line will have some growing pains and until everyone gets on the same page it wont be much better than last season.

Next year I think the line will take a big step forward. and so will Gordon's stats.

Oliver is also back this season to come in on 3rd down. Last year Gordon was all that was left after all the other RBs went down.

Oliver is also back this season to come in on 3rd down. Last year Gordon was all that was left after all the other RBs went down.

well, I think it's also a case where all the good WR were injured so Gordon got a lot more red zone looks than he would otherwise get in a normal situation.

the Chargers WR's are a lot better than they have been in recent memory. so we are looking at a bit of a crapshoot.

It wouldnt surprise me if there are more red zone opportunities as a whole, but Gordon will get a lot lower percentage of the looks in the red zone. I think it's a net negative.

well, I think it's also a case where all the good WR were injured so Gordon got a lot more red zone looks than he would otherwise get in a normal situation.

the Chargers WR's are a lot better than they have been in recent memory. so we are looking at a bit of a crapshoot.

It wouldnt surprise me if there are more red zone opportunities as a whole, but Gordon will get a lot lower percentage of the looks in the red zone. I think it's a net negative.

he also has a head coach who is a RB guru coach, so that leans in his favor imo

It's not like he had 18 TDs like Blount had. He had 12 TDs. That is not outrageous amount of scores for a starting RB on a decent team. Ajayi had a couple 200 yard games, Jones had a 300 yard game. Everyone has unusual stats during the year at one point or another. Gordon was pretty consistent overall I thought.

Gordon had .9 less yards per carry than Freeman and 1.8 yards per catch better. Freeman had better stats in the end but they were fairly close overall. Why is it an aberration for Gordon to be healthy and perform well and not for Freeman? Freeman's career YPC is 4.3. So if anything, he had a year that is inflated as the Falcons had about the best offensive year they could have. I don't expect a repeat of that this year. But who knows....?

Gordon had .9 less yards per carry than Freeman and 1.8 yards per catch better. Freeman had better stats in the end but they were fairly close overall. Why is it an aberration for Gordon to be healthy and perform well and not for Freeman? Freeman's career YPC is 4.3. So if anything, he had a year that is inflated as the Falcons had about the best offensive year they could have. I don't expect a repeat of that this year. But who knows....?

A lot of people were saying the same thing about Freeman that they are this year about Gordon. The reason why Freeman gets a pass is because he's now done it twice. After sucking so bad in 2015, Gordon has to prove himself.

It's not like he had 18 TDs like Blount had. He had 12 TDs. That is not outrageous amount of scores for a starting RB on a decent team. Ajayi had a couple 200 yard games, Jones had a 300 yard game. Everyone has unusual stats during the year at one point or another. Gordon was pretty consistent overall I thought.

well, my prediction is that yard will go up a bit. YPC will also go up a bit. I'm thinking between 1050 and 1150 yards and TD's will drop from 10 rush TDs and 2 Receiving TD's to 8 rush and 1 or 2 receiving TD (let's say 9.5 TD) and I'm assuming his Receiving yards drop to 350 from 420 based on the fact there will be more solid receivers and less checkdown throws going his direction.

I think his fantasy points will go up nominally (by 5 points for the year)

I dont see him as a top 5 but it wouldnt surprise me if he was within the top 10. (maybe rank 8 or 9 like last year)

Based on that rationale, he should be going mid to late 2nd round. Not at the turn between round 1 and 2.

That being said, if you really like him, and you are drafting at the turn, if you dont pick him up at that point in the draft, you probably aren't gonna get him.

The reality is, due to hype he will probably go somewhere around pick 10-15 even though he probably should be going somewhere between pick 15 and pick 25.