Sign in to follow this  
cousinal111

Updated: Josh Gordon To Be Reinstated - 4 Game Suspension

I've always loved Gordon...but this is a tough one to call at this point. The Browns just drafted 489 wide receivers and we have no idea how Hue Jackson will use him. We're also still not sure who their QB is going to be. If I knew for sure that McCown was starting over RGIII I'd likely move Gordon a little higher up my draft board.

So yeah....maybe a 5th or 6th rounder in redraft assuming you want to go after him aggressively?

Link? This is pure speculation. He has to reapply on August 1st and there's no guarantee he gets reinstated

I've never even heard of the Cleveland Deal Reporter.

For how long ?

The Cleveland Plain Dealer (corrected) says Gordon to be activated after August 1, Goodell met with him Monday and it appears he will be a go Week 1.

Thoughts?

First thing, the story doesn't say he's going to be activated and it doesn't mean he will be a go Week 1. He's ELIGIBLE to be activated on 8/1.

Clipped from the article...

It doesn't mean that Goodell is ready to end the Browns' receiver's indefinite suspension under the substance abuse policy, but he's one step closer to resuming his once-promising career.

I wouldn't touch him until he's reinstated and the Browns have publically made a decision about his status.

Even if he is a go for the season how long has it been since he's played a snap in the NFL? 2 years?

Even if he is a go for the season how long has it been since he's played a snap in the NFL? 2 years?

December 2014

Best player on the field when he gets back

Cant agree , haven't seen him play for awhile now .

First thing, the story doesn't say he's going to be activated and it doesn't mean he will be a go Week 1. He's ELIGIBLE to be activated on 8/1.

My bad, poor reporting on my part. A buddy in my keeper league that has the rights to Gordon texted me and I guess he didn't have his facts straight.

Funny thing is our keepers are due August 1, the first day Gordon could be activated.

Remember holding him all season 2 years ago, and him coming back and playing like crap?

He has lost a lot of shine with me.

My draft is July 30th and Gordon won't be reinstated until August 1st or later (if he is)...which will make his spot interesting. I am not sure I want to go higher than an 9th rounder or so. He wasn't that dominant last we saw. What is everyone else's take on his potential spot?

He's overrated. Always has been. </thread>

I respectfully disagree. If his head is on straight & he is reinstated he could be a huge steal. The fact is he just turned 25 & plays on a team with the potential to go 0-16 so there will be plenty of garbage time when Cleveland will be throwing a ton.

There is a reason the Browns never cut him. His first 2 seasons (2012 & 2013) he totaled 137 catches, 2,451 yards & 14 TD's.

Obviously there is always a threat of suspension but I don't see an argument for overrated. Dumb yes...immature yes...but not overrated.

I think the question is how hard has he been training, if at all? If he comes back and is out of shape, it will take him the majority of the season to become a top flight WR again. Even if he is in decent shape, he isn't going to just jump back on the field and be the Gordon of 2013. The last time we saw him, he didn't look too great. He looked slower and was out of breath after a few plays. He was seriously out of condition.

On the flip side, if the guy does have his life in order, the Browns could be a fun team to watch with Hue as HC. Garbage time points are still points.

As for Gordon, I won't draft him in 2016. Not in a redraft. Even if articles come out saying he's looking like the Gordon of old, I won't believe the hype. I may miss out n a decent player, but he has too many things to overcome. Another one being a totally new offense. A new QB. More competition on the field. Things aren't going to be easy for him and I question his dedication. One more slip up of any kind and you lose your draft pick, wherever it is you drafted him. While he may be a good WR, the odds against him becoming "great" again are pretty high.... Save your draft pick and take Marshall Faulk. He looked great in a flag football game downtown yesterday.

• Like 1

I need to hear what kind of condition he is in. Last time he played he looked like garbage and that was a while ago now. But he is only 25 so he should be able to get back into form IF he is committed to it

It's a big IF. For me, this makes me very inclined to take fliers on Corey Coleman in re-draft.

For how long this time ?

Bout focking time, had a big trade involving Rodgers and Gordon (I gave up Rodgers).

It's a big IF. For me, this makes me very inclined to take fliers on Corey Coleman in re-draft.

I was a Coleman fancier who first grimaced when I caught wind that Gordon might be back; I was hoping Coleman would be a target hog. I'll infer that you expect Coleman's cost to be cheaper now or that Gordon on the field will mean less defensive attention paid to Coleman.

I was a Coleman fancier who first grimaced when I caught wind that Gordon might be back; I was hoping Coleman would be a target hog. I'll infer that you expect Coleman's cost to be cheaper now or that Gordon on the field will mean less defensive attention paid to Coleman.

Correct on both fronts. Coleman's ability to stretch the field is going to create some logistical matchup problems for defense. I don't know if you can play Cover 1 against the Browns with those two guys, and I would guess they'd allow the kid to try and beat them rather than a proven WR. The first four games where he's the primary threat in the passing game could help him develop strongly once he becomes the second threat to opposing defenses when Flash is back (for however long that is).

While I don't expect the Browns to air the football out a lot, I think there is value in Coleman. His ADP is relatively low in re-draft, so you're not taking much inherent risk getting him. This news is only going to keep that ADP low.

Release from the NFL...

Commissioner ROGER GOODELL notified JOSH GORDON of the Cleveland Browns today that he has been reinstated to the NFL on a conditional basis.

Gordon may join the team at training camp and participate in meetings, conditioning work and similar activities. Once arrangements have been confirmed regarding Gordon's clinical resources in Cleveland, he will be permitted to participate in all preseason activities, including practices and games.

Gordon will be suspended for the first four games of the regular season and will be eligible to return to the team beginning Monday, October 3. During this suspension, Gordon may participate in team meetings and other activities but may not attend or participate in practices or games.

Gordon had been suspended indefinitely since February 2015 without pay for multiple violations of the NFL-NFLPA Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

In a letter to Gordon today, Commissioner Goodell wrote: "As we discussed at our [July 19] meeting, as Commissioner, I want nothing more than to see you turn your circumstances around and succeed. Countless others including your agent, teammates and coaches, Mr. Haslam and the leadership of the organization, the Program professionals and Jim Brown also have pledged to provide you with every resource at their disposal. But as you acknowledged, ultimately, your future is your responsibility. I have every belief that you can make the right choices, but it will be up to you to do so."

Odds Hash Gordon makes it through his suspension without getting caught again?

He'll make it back. Look for him to blow up with big numbers his first game back, too. He will then go celebrate and be suspended the rest of the season, naturally.

:lol:

I know he's made his share of poor decisions, but this kid has also had some bad luck. I'd be surprised if he doesn't push for a trade after what the Browns did to him at the end of 2014. Not that he has any leverage.

I'd definitely consider him a top 3 rounds pick in dynasty leagues... 5th round in keeper... 8th in re-draft. When on the field, he's the most talented WR in the league.

I'd definitely consider him a top 3 rounds pick in dynasty leagues... 5th round in keeper... 8th in re-draft. When on the field, he's the most talented WR in the league.

Best in the league? Uhhh no. Top 3 round? That's just wayyy too much risk in dynasty. Tons of studs still left in the third.

You know it's to bad the Browns didn't draft a Qb to go with all that talent they seem to have at the Wr postion .

Dude is a baller and with fantasy football more WR relevant than RBs now..I'm considering keeping him with ODB

Dude is a baller and with fantasy football more WR relevant than RBs now..I'm considering keeping him with ODB

Over who?

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard to trust him after the last fiasco of holding him all season, and watching him come back and look horrible. I am still feeling the burn.

Keep up the good work , his value is going to soar .

He was a MONSTER that year he missed two games. I'd definitely consider him from WR25 and beyond.