Sign in to follow this  
BunnysBastatrds

Your Ground Hog Day

Mine is today 19 years ago. Got married the day before. Landed in Cancun the following day, today, went on a booze cruise, rode jet skis, drank, many times, ate at the best Mexican place ever (Perichos) for Day Of The Dead,and fawked some more.

Was a good day. You?

• Like 4

Good topic.

I'd say 9 am Christmas Eve - 9am Christmas Day last year.

Cooked with the wife in the morning, wrapped gifts and played football with the boys in the afternoon. Sang in front of an audience for the first time ever at the Christmas concert. Had dinner at our place with extended family, laughed, exchanged gifts, played games and set up new game room for sons when they went bed.

Had some adult time with the wife and was awakened at about 5 am by my sons who were dying to open their gifts.

Made some hot chocolate and just watched them have fun.

• Like 2

Before Christmas when my daughter was a little over a year old. We had cut down a blue spruce and were decorating it. I have pics, pre digital camera, using a mini video tape camcorder that took grainy digital shots to a memory card. My daughter is on the floor with the tree lights in her mouth and this glow emanating out as she's looking up at the camera. My ex wife standing there stringing the lights. A dog that's no longer alive off to the side. Just that momentary perfection that you don't quite realize is so fleeting at the time. I could relive that day forever and be perfectly content.

• Like 3

Office Christmas party 1984 on a Sunday was hosted at bosses (single female) house.Picked up my date around one and went to party.Proceeded to get a nice buzz going whilst munching on some great food,had some laughs and watched NFL off and on.Around 6pm date has to get home so I announce I'm leaving and boss pulls me aside and asks if I'll be able to make it back.I tell her sure.Anyhow take date home get a little secks and I'm gone to go back to Christmas party.

Get back around seven and only boss and office secretary are left.So get a drink and ask if I can choose an album to put on and pick The Police Ghost In The Machine.Secretary wants to know if anyone wants to get high and I'm like :thumbsup:

Without going into further detail it was my one time at living out a Penthouse Letter as the two wimmens made the first move and proceeded to have their way with me until the early hours of the morning.Best Christmas party ever.

• Like 1

Several different moments over the years:

Kids hugging me when I brought home a car I bought for em.

One Xmas when they were very little, I got one of my boots, some baby powder, some snowflake glitter and made tracks out of the chimney and on the sofa and up the wall as if Santa made them. Oldest kid went around collecting those snowflakes up, giggling that mama will be so mad when she sees the mess he made.

Seeing one graduate from Military boot camp.

• Like 1

October flashbacks?

Last year tore my rotator cuff.... Still dealings with that.

7 years ago lost a dog, and got our current one.

9 years ago took a family trip to Hawaii right around Halloween. If I recall, my daughter first started to run on that trip.

October was a quiet time in the mountains with many places closing or shortening hours. Would travel in October or May. Trip to cozamel, SF, little trips around Colorado ( Aspen, Winter Park, Boulder, even Denver)

• Like 1

Office Christmas party 1984 on a Sunday was hosted at bosses (single female) house.Picked up my date around one and went to party.Proceeded to get a nice buzz going whilst munching on some great food,had some laughs and watched NFL off and on.Around 6pm date has to get home so I announce I'm leaving and boss pulls me aside and asks if I'll be able to make it back.I tell her sure.Anyhow take date home get a little secks and I'm gone to go back to Christmas party.

Get back around seven and only boss and office secretary are left.So get a drink and ask if I can choose an album to put on and pick The Police Ghost In The Machine.Secretary wants to know if anyone wants to get high and I'm like :thumbsup:

Without going into further detail it was my one time at living out a Penthouse Letter as the two wimmens made the first move and proceeded to have their way with me until the early hours of the morning.Best Christmas party ever.

After reading this, today. :dunno:

Gotta go groundhog week.

Changed jobs and timed it so our vacation would fall right in between. Went to an all inclusive near Cancun. Had an impossibly relaxing time. No issues with tainted alcohol....and just chilled out the beach, drank and ate--couple cool mini trips--had no worries about anything at work. Was such a great week