Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

++ UPDATE: Chris Johnson Agrees with Jets

If no trade was consummated, can we assume that CJ was unwilling to rework his deal for a team that acquired him?

some dipsh!t on espn this morning was explaining how the rams would be the best fit because they had 2 rookie runningbacks last year and could do with some veteran leadership.

If no trade was consummated, can we assume that CJ was unwilling to rework his deal for a team that acquired him?

That's possible. I certainly don't see any team trading for him on his current deal. He was owed $8 million this season.

its really the same with all these guys. Why do you think no one ended up trading for Revis? He will end up with a 6 mil deal max.

To me moreno was a perfect fit for this offense. A work hard grind it out every play type of rb with good hands. Ball is that type of rb except i am unsure of his pass catching ability.

I think CJ would be a great addition but unless hes willing to take the vet minimum i dont see how denver signs him.

Maybe what denver needs is a qb who doesnt have a noodle for an arm? Denver can run a two qb offense where peyton stands next to the qb behind center and tells him where to throw. Peyton can still do his pre snap stuff and all.

including 'Omaha' ? :lol:

including 'Omaha' ? :lol:

Yeah he can omaha all day and just let the other qb do all the work. He can sacrifice his body because all they need is his mind.

Honest question, why has no one mentioned Carolina as a good place for CJ to land? Dual threat of him and Cam and the fact that an extra set of catching hands would be nice with their lack of WR's?

Honest question, why has no one mentioned Carolina as a good place for CJ to land? Dual threat of him and Cam and the fact that an extra set of catching hands would be nice with their lack of WR's?

Because they have big money committed to DWill and JStew already and still don't run the ball particularly well? Why add CJ to those 2 and Tolbert? Another RB is the last thing Carolina needs.

yeah, as they already answered, big $$ tied up in DWill and JStew... plus they already have Tolbert and Cam carrying the ball as well. With the holes Carolina has at WR, the last thing they need to do is tie up another few million at RB.

I was actually hoping he would sign in cleveland. I think they have a solid line, and need a good RB. That being said, it is looking like Cleveland is going in a different direction.

I was actually hoping he would sign in cleveland. I think they have a solid line, and need a good RB. That being said, it is looking like Cleveland is going in a different direction.

Cleveland went with Tate in Free Agency, I doubt they'd want to make a second splash at FA RB.

I was hearing the Jets were making a run for CJ but that was about a week ago but that was maybe hot air as nothing has come of it.

The Jets make the most sense. As a fan, im cool with it as long as its not a lot of $$. He would add an element Ivory doesn't bring and is more explosive than Powell. CJ might also recapture some of his old glory playing alongside a QB who is a threat to run (vick OR Smith)

He left jets camp without a deal. He is going to try to find another team to be a stalking horse bidder and set the ground floor for what he might get. However I just do not see his market expanding much more than the Jets so he will end up signing there. He will then claim that is where he wanted to be all along beside vick. he will then complain about his role as a change of pace back and about how inept the O line is.

• Like 1

This is probably the best offense that Rex Ryan has ever had going in to a season I anxious to see how it all turns out.

I think Chris Johnson can take control of the position provided he plays well enough.

Ivory's got a pretty good career YPC, yes, but he's always hurt and doesn't catch passes. Certainly Ivory will remain a part of the offense but I could easily see a 70/30 split in CJ's favor.

Personally I hope CJ gets drafted as a time-share RB because I'd love that potential value

I think based on name recognition CJ gets over drafted in the 3/4 range and sucks it up on a totally inept offense.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it’s a two-year deal. ProFootballTalk says it has "a base value of $8 million, with another $1 million available in incentives based on yardage." I still want to see the guarantee and the structure to have a real sense of it. Johnson was due an $8 million base salary this year with the Titans before they cut him

Still the highest contract for a RB this off season. The money is a starter money. Good luck for those Chris Ivory owner!

uhhhggg, Jets always has a good running game despite inept offense. I would be happy with CJ in the 5th round and grab Ivory in the 8th or so. If you think about it, more teams are going to a 2 rb system anyways especially this year coming up. The Jets will have a running QB which always helps a RB tons. Its probably the best place for him to produce.

Let I remind you again CJ was the 8th best RB last year, his best years was when he had Vince Young threatening to run himself. I may grab CJ mid 4th in ppr

I wouldn't touch CJ2K anywhere before the 5th round. He's been on a steady decline and I don't see him having a better year than last year.

The Titan O has been on a steady decline, no QB, oline haven't gelled.... I wouldn't feel great about CJ as a number 2 but I would as a # 3 Ivory gets hurt every year so it might not be a RBBC all year

Folks saying 5th round or so make sense to me. By then the surefire RBs will be gone and folks who went heavy WR early are going to be digging through the best RBBC candidates around, which, I think the Jets situation qualifies for this year.

uhhhggg, Jets always has a good running game despite inept offense. I would be happy with CJ in the 5th round and grab Ivory in the 8th or so. If you think about it, more teams are going to a 2 rb system anyways especially this year coming up. The Jets will have a running QB which always helps a RB tons. Its probably the best place for him to produce.

5th round? As the season draws near, the hype will build,and johnson will have a big run in the preseason shooting his draft stock to the third round.

I thought that CJ looked pretty damn good at times last season, despite inconsistency. I think he can have a season comparable to 2013 with the Jets.... which means I'll probably be staying away. He's a guy that you have to start every week or you'll bench him at the wrong time and miss a 30 point bonanza, then start him against a juicy matchup the following week where he goes for 70 combined yards and no TDs.

Not to dash your hopes of getting him in the 5th round, but.... In my new redraft, he went in the 4.03 spot BEFORE he was even signed by the Jets. He's going to wind up being a late 2nd to early 3rd round pick and people are going to think he's the CJ of old and he will be drafted as nothing lower than a RB2.

Why he won't be:

Offensive Line - The Jets have a solid line, but that's it. CJ2K couldn't do much behind a very good run blocking line in TN last season.

Division - What does each team in this division have in common? They can stop the run and sport quick linebackers. He didn't see that while with TN.

The Ivory effect - Ivory, when healthy, isn't a bad RB. If Ivory only takes 20% of his carries, CJ2k will struggle to become CJ1K.

I think he's a Flex play type of guy at this point. Let someone else buy into the hype. You won't be able to get him in the 4th or 5th round, so draft with caution. He can still rip off a long run here and there, but teams are going to load the box and make the Jets throw the ball. The ceiling I have for him is a low end RB2, and that's only if he catches some passes in garbage time. The floor.... The floor is why I will not be drafting him. Worse line, worse offense, timeshare, divisional defenses.... Add it up and his floor is that of a guy who will be released after the season when he rushes for 900 yards and 3 TD's.

i am keeping 2 WR's in my ppr keeper and I am 8th in a snake draft. So my 1st pick will be 3.8 and my second pick will be the 5th in the 4th round. I think I can get better than CJ in the 3rd but if he is there in the 4th I may grab him there. Keeping 2 WR's I need to grab 4 or 5 RB's anyways in rounds 3 thru 10 and hope 2 works out. I understand the list of why CJ wont be great, but you cant ignore the fact that he will be on a team like he had when he got his 2 k. A running QB and he has a great cutting back ability and vision. The Jets were the 6th best running team last year and they sucked. These are facts folks

Any legitimate 12 team ppr league Chris Johnson's going early to mid 2nd round.

Hell he was going second round this year. Now his situation may improve with a change of teams. I do think his ADP will be far too rich for my blood

Yes. For any redraft league, 2/3 round is reasonable expectations.

Cleveland went with Tate in Free Agency, I doubt they'd want to make a second splash at FA RB.

I was hearing the Jets were making a run for CJ but that was about a week ago but that was maybe hot air as nothing has come of it.

yes, that was my point. Cleveland looks like they are going in another direction.

Not to dash your hopes of getting him in the 5th round, but.... In my new redraft, he went in the 4.03 spot BEFORE he was even signed by the Jets. He's going to wind up being a late 2nd to early 3rd round pick and people are going to think he's the CJ of old and he will be drafted as nothing lower than a RB2.

Why he won't be:

Offensive Line - The Jets have a solid line, but that's it. CJ2K couldn't do much behind a very good run blocking line in TN last season.

Division - What does each team in this division have in common? They can stop the run and sport quick linebackers. He didn't see that while with TN.

The Ivory effect - Ivory, when healthy, isn't a bad RB. If Ivory only takes 20% of his carries, CJ2k will struggle to become CJ1K.

I think he's a Flex play type of guy at this point. Let someone else buy into the hype. You won't be able to get him in the 4th or 5th round, so draft with caution. He can still rip off a long run here and there, but teams are going to load the box and make the Jets throw the ball. The ceiling I have for him is a low end RB2, and that's only if he catches some passes in garbage time. The floor.... The floor is why I will not be drafting him. Worse line, worse offense, timeshare, divisional defenses.... Add it up and his floor is that of a guy who will be released after the season when he rushes for 900 yards and 3 TD's.

the jets do have a solid O line and they dont use the zone blocking Scheme employed in Tennessee when the O line there started going south.

CJ's numbers dropped big time when they switched schemes and I think he may be in for a rebound here. how big of a rebound is anybody's guess, but I'd definitely consider him a top 10 RB with top 5 upside.

woahh... now we have gone to 2nd round top 10 ? Well he was top 10 last year. He was sick of TN, who knows he may be the steal of the draft if he goes late 3rd

fwiw i figure CJ is worth about 14 points/game in PPR leagues. of course, his actual game by game scoring will be 1 point/20 points/3 points/17 points....