Sign in to follow this  
montana

Your predictions of Waiver Wire p/u of the week AFTER wk 2?

I think Julius Thomas will be next week's "darling".

Who do you have your eye on?

Rex Burkhead.

I know he was drafted in a lot of leagues but after his weak output week 1, maybe some owners ditched him. With the lack of receivers on that team, especially slot guys, I could see him getting on the field more and making some plays. Brady loves to work the short routes in the middle of the field. Think Burkhead is that guy this week.

Jermaine Kearse.

File under "someone has to catch the ball in NY". Believe he had most targets on that team week 1. Has flashed ability here and there throughout his career. Raiders let a rookie....albeit one with tons of talent....make a splash in week 1 after he had missed pretty much the entire preseason. There's going to be plenty of chances for Jet receivers to rack up meaningless stats this week...and probably the rest of the year.

• Like 1

Hunter Henry got dropped after facing a brutal week 1 matchup. Gates showed nothing with all his snaps and is slow as dirt. I expect a Henry bounce back. I picked him off waivers. Which is also why I don't draft TE's early relative to the position. People are quick to drop them.

McCoy already has a problem.

Kenny Stills after he out performs Parker.

• Like 1

Connor. Bell goes down.

Hope not I just traded for Bell. Last time I did that, he was healthy for two quarters before blowing out his knee. Is Connor a legit back there? I kinda feel like they'd sign Williams back if something happened to Bell.

Hope not I just traded for Bell. Last time I did that, he was healthy for two quarters before blowing out his knee. Is Connor a legit back there? I kinda feel like they'd sign Williams back if something happened to Bell.

TBH, I don't know a whole lot about Connor, other than he's the guy on the team the coaches have been saying "we have confidence in" all preseason and up to now. Had a couple carries last week, not much. I did grab him (after missing on Cohen and Buck) just because having Bell's backup in my last roster spot seems like a good deal. A guy holding out always makes me think soft-tissue injury.

Who did you give for Bell?

I could drop Prosise for either Turbin or Conner, my other backs are Cook, Crowell, TEvin Coleman, Chris Carson, Kamara

I'd hold Prosise if I also owned Carson. When Rawls goes down you effectively own the Seattle backfield since Eddy Lacy is pitiful.

Who did you give for Bell?

Dalvin Cook and Demarco Murray. Leaves me with Bell, Hunt, and Howard as my relevant backs. Just Odell to come back healthy to round out my team.

If you already own Carson, I would let Prosise go and would pick up Conner.

Turbin isn't going to be the next one up, that will indeed be the Mack.

• Like 1

Travis Benjamin

..how long can Keenan Allen really hold up?

Travis Benjamin

Allen looks so awkward during and after the catch. He won't get to week 4.

Hunter Henry got dropped after facing a brutal week 1 matchup. Gates showed nothing with all his snaps and is slow as dirt. I expect a Henry bounce back. I picked him off waivers. Which is also why I don't draft TE's early relative to the position. People are quick to drop them.

Same thing in my league. Hunter Henry was dropped in favor of Charles Clay. Henry cleared my leagues waivers so I picked him up. I'll hold for a few weeks or at least until Hooper's BYE week passes, but the potential for him was too great to leave him

Tolbert. McCoy goes down.

Sadly, I agree.

Shady's a warrior, but he's already battling wrist and groin injuries after Week 1. :wacko:

The other thing is that Doug McDermott had Tolbert in Carolina, and loved using him at the stripe. So one vulture (Gillislee) leaves Buffalo, and in comes another.

Sadly, I agree.

Shady's a warrior, but he's already battling wrist and groin injuries after Week 1. :wacko:

The other thing is that Doug McDermott had Tolbert in Carolina, and loved using him at the stripe. So one vulture (Gillislee) leaves Buffalo, and in comes another.

Good call on the McDermott angle. I had already convinced myself, so I dropped Smallwood from deep on my bench for Tolbert. Have a fairly good waiver priority, so if something happens and Smallwood takes off, I can likely get him back. But I waited for Smallwood last year too. Nuthin. Figure I'll wait for Shady to go down this year instead.

Travis Benjamin

Travis Benjamin is the Jared Cook of WR's though. Every year is his breakout year.

It's the tyrell Williams show if Allen goes down

Travis Benjamin is the Jared Cook of WR's though. Every year is his breakout year.

TBH, I don't know a whole lot about Connor, other than he's the guy on the team the coaches have been saying "we have confidence in" all preseason and up to now. Had a couple carries last week, not much. I did grab him (after missing on Cohen and Buck) just because having Bell's backup in my last roster spot seems like a good deal. A guy holding out always makes me think soft-tissue injury.

Conner is more bruiser than Bell is, and nowhere near the receiver out of the backfield. If Bell were to go down I think it'd be optimistic for Conner to put up maybe 75% of Bell's numbers (and not this past week's #'s, his typical #'s).

How good would Tolbert really be if Mccoy went down? I don't think you would feel good about starting him

Hard to say since it was NYJ last week, but he looked pretty good and you know BUF is a run heavy offense.

People who think Tolbert is a handcuff to McCoy don't unspderstand football. Tolbert role would not change if McCoy got hurt, hey would just play other guys where McCoy would play.

• Like 2

there will be a thread created this week named

Who is Matt Brieda

This is totally coming. It's just a matter of when. Maybe Hyde will make it a bit further into the year this time...like week 7 or something.

Allen looks so awkward during and after the catch. He won't get to week 4.

Couldn't disagree more...he looked great to me. His route running is outstanding and Rivers definitely trusts him.

As for guys I'd pick up before the masses try to do so a week or so from now....

Tolbert

Conner

Jamal Williams

Perine

Mack

Breida

Kamara

All of them need something to happen in order to be useable...but I think each of these guys would get the majority of the touches if the guys in front of them went down. Some would argue Kamara needs two things to happen, but I'm firmly of the opinion that that Adrian Peterson is washed up. I think only Ingram stands in his way.

People who think Tolbert is a handcuff to McCoy don't unspderstand football. Tolbert role would not change if McCoy got hurt, hey would just play other guys where McCoy would play.

Disagree. If McCoy went down there simply wouldn't be much talent on the roster at that position and while Tolbert would likely never be a 25 touch guy, he'd get a big enough share of the pie that he'd be useable in PPR. He's a pretty good receiver out of the backfield and he's good around the goal line.

I've picked up Mack in 4 leagues today. I think Father Time has finally caught Gore.

Sad.

Disagree. If McCoy went down there simply wouldn't be much talent on the roster at that position and while Tolbert would likely never be a 25 touch guy, he'd get a big enough share of the pie that he'd be useable in PPR. He's a pretty good receiver out of the backfield and he's good around the goal line.

Running back is one of the few offensive positions where they grab someone off the street and play the next week. Tolbert has never been "the guy" and at this stage in his career I don't see that changing and I'd be surprised if his usage was more than 10 carries a game. If McCoy goes down maybe Tolbert becomes a flex play, as you suggested, but i see this becoming a waste land.

Conner is more bruiser than Bell is, and nowhere near the receiver out of the backfield. If Bell were to go down I think it'd be optimistic for Conner to put up maybe 75% of Bell's numbers (and not this past week's #'s, his typical #'s).

Almost any backup can't be expected to equal the output of the starter, though. That's why the starter is the starter :)