Sign in to follow this  
murf74

Elliott's fat face

His hustle?

1:12 left in the game, down 3 scores at 18 pts - yea, why don't I have my 4th overall pick/franchise rb run down a meaningless pick return and risk getting hurt... As a Dallas fan, I'm glad he didn't try and do something stupid.

Ronnie Lott's stubby finger cries at the lack of effort Elliott showed.

Ronnie Lott's stubby finger cries at the lack of effort Elliott showed.

Ronnie Lott played in a period with no Salary Cap, and - he was paid to tackle people... 1:12 left in a blow out game, I'm good with it.

It is obvious from some of the comments in here that football is officially dead.

• Like 1

Ronnie Lott played in a period with no Salary Cap, and - he was paid to tackle people... 1:12 left in a blow out game, I'm good with it.

:) I'm not disagreeing with the blow out part. Just making a comparison of eras, mostly.

I do disagree with the 'paid to tackle' people part. Turnovers are part of the game, and thus offensive players are paid to tackle people sometimes. Just like defensive players are paid to score touchdowns sometimes. If a DB picked off the ball and immediately took a knee when he had an open run to the endzone, him saying "I'm not paid to score touchdowns" wouldn't fly, right? If the ball is turned over, the job of the offensive players is now to tackle.

But you're right in that, at that point in the game, I don't give the guy too much crap for not going all out. At the same time...I do respect much more the guys who are going all out up until the whistle blows. It's a matter of degrees.

• Like 1

What about the other one, earlier? He did it twice.

His hustle?

1:12 left in the game, down 3 scores at 18 pts - yea, why don't I have my 4th overall pick/franchise rb run down a meaningless INT return and risk getting hurt... As a Dallas fan, I'm glad he didn't try and do something stupid.

Well I guess LeDainian Tomlinson agrees with me. But I'm sure your opinions about the team dynamics and what running backs should be doing is far superior than a hall of fame RB as well as many other ex NFL players.

So you probably feel that every team should have a formula for when to just call the game off and forfeit the remainder of it. Or to have players to completely run away from any contact.

His hustle?

1:12 left in the game, down 3 scores at 18 pts - yea, why don't I have my 4th overall pick/franchise rb run down a meaningless INT return and risk getting hurt... As a Dallas fan, I'm glad he didn't try and do something stupid.

And if every player had this attitude throughout football history, we would have zero amazing comebacks that previously occured.

Many of you guys keep forgetting football is entertainment. Just like watching House of Cards on Netflix. No difference.

It is a non-necessity in our world as we have tons of other entertainment options. Fat face Elliot sucks at his job.

Tomlinson was an excellent player. He's a terrible football analyst.

I did not see any earlier quit from zeke. Did see the one at the end of the game, thought is was too bad. The kid had a chance to lead by example and failed.

I get they were being blown out. I don't get the quitting. You take yer lumps, you go hard till the whistle. Every damn time.

And if every player had this attitude throughout football history, we would have zero amazing comebacks that previously occured.

It was 35-17, with (at the time of the pick) 65 seconds left in the game, with Denver running down the sideline with the ball - yea a comeback was in the works. :rolleyes:

Feel free to run off ALL the great 18 point deficit comebacks, with 60 seconds left in the game - I'll wait.

It was 35-17, with (at the time of the pick) 65 seconds left in the game, with Denver running down the sideline with the ball - yea a comeback was in the works. :rolleyes:

Feel free to run off ALL the great 18 point deficit comebacks, with 60 seconds left in the game - I'll wait.

Incorrect, Cruz.

Yes, he loafed on that late int.too, but the hands-on-hips-absolutely-no-effort-to-pursue came mid-third quarter, with the score only 28-10. In fact, Dallas had 6 more drives following that incident, and a potential comeback was still within the realm of possibility.

Well I guess LeDainian Tomlinson agrees with me. But I'm sure your opinions about the team dynamics and what running backs should be doing is far superior than a hall of fame RB as well as many other ex NFL players.

I hadn't realized LT2 had become the final authority on football.. So I'm assuming you agree with everything he says?

You are right about football being entertainment, but it's also a biz. As a fan I derive zero entertainment watch my star RB risk injury chasing down a guy he has no chance of catching, in a meaningless play. As a fan I'd rather him live to fight another day bcoz the biz side of football says I just can't go out, write a check, and replace him.

Now that I think about it, the end of games must enrage you (and LT and many other ex NFL players) to no end, to the point of disgust. Every week, there are teams that take a knee and run out the clock. Sometimes (if the other team is out of timeouts) they take up to 4 knees.. What about that, what about taking off these plays? It's entertainment, why does the offense just quit? ....... Every week, wrs quit on plays too. Turn on a tv, you can see wrs loafing off the line on run plays away from them. It happens every week... I actually wish Dak had gotten the heck out of the way - no need risking him either.

Incorrect, Cruz.

Yes, he loafed on that late int.too, but the hands-on-hips-absolutely-no-effort-to-pursue came mid-third quarter, with the score only 28-10. In fact, Dallas had 6 more drives following that incident, and a potential comeback was still within the realm of possibility.

We must be talking about 2 different instances then. I'm addressing the end zone pick at the end of the game.

We must be talking about 2 different instances then. I'm addressing the end zone pick at the end of the game.

Yep....but that wasn't the one that got this whole controversy fired up.

The one mid-3rd was the one that has aired over and over, and got LT flaming him.....and it was pitiful. Chris Harris criss-crossed the field trying to return the int, and Zeke definitely could have made a play.....after all, he is one of the fastest guys on the field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkFHU7O_AkI

I hadn't realized LT2 had become the final authority on football.. So I'm assuming you agree with everything he says?

Every week, there are teams that take a knee and run out the clock. Sometimes (if the other team is out of timeouts) they take up to 4 knees.. What about that, what about taking off these plays? It's entertainment, why does the offense just quit? ....... Every week, wrs quit on plays too. Turn on a tv, you can see wrs loafing off the line on run plays away from them. It happens every week...

I trust LT2 more than you on RB hustle and team leadership example. I wonder if Walter Payton would agree as well? These guys never took a play off no matter how bad things got.

And as far as teams taking a knee, if what Elliot did was something that would help ensure the win for the team, I wouldn't argue with that at all. You are starting to reach now...

And you are also stating it's ok for him to loaf because some other players loaf.

Great arguments dude. :thumbsdown:

Bringing up players like Ronnie Lott, Walter Payton, and even LT further support my opinion. May as well refer to Jim Brown, George Blanca, or a Stegasaurus.

Football is not the game now, as it was when those legends played. There is more at stake now than ever before, and that does include money.

Perhaps Zeke felt that his OLine had given up on him, since he had absolutely no where to run the entire game. Or maybe Dak gave up on him, since he looked like the rookie that he basically is. An then there is the OC running on first down over and over. Let me be clear. I'm not necessarily saying it's right, but I do understand what maybe his perception could have been. Lets call it what it is. He is a high profile, twenty-two year old player, that had a poor game who made it clear that he was frustrated. Onto next week...

Bringing up players like Ronnie Lott, Walter Payton, and even LT further support my opinion. May as well refer to Jim Brown, George Blanca, or a Stegasaurus.

Sure. Those that made the league what it is through hard work, endless hustle, and leadership through example don't count now that players are making more money for not being as good and doing less for the team and league overall.

Nice take on things.

I trust LT2 more than you on RB hustle and team leadership example. I wonder if Walter Payton would agree as well? These guys never took a play off no matter how bad things got.

And as far as teams taking a knee, if what Elliot did was something that would help ensure the win for the team, I wouldn't argue with that at all. You are starting to reach now...

And you are also stating it's ok for him to loaf because some other players loaf.

Great arguments dude. :thumbsdown:

Cruzer is a total homer. He doesn't think he is, but it be like that. He gets on Garrett, but that's about it. Defended Hardy.

That was a character play in that it let us see his true character. We knew his off the field character was lacking. Now we see his on the field character matches it.

It is easy to have a good attitude in 2016 when his line is opening huge holes and is the best in the league. This year will be different. They will be a little more up and down. Now that he has to deal with what the majority of RBs deal with we get to see how he handles it. In his first test he failed miserably.

And anyone who who is saying it is acceptable to give up in the 3rd quarter isn't being honest with themselves.

• Like 1

Zeke is more valuable to the Cowboys offense than any other player. He likely hasn't done a tackling drill in about 5 or more years. If he were to get injured while attempting to make a tackle, that would be a travesty.

As for respect, admiration, and the fans... that's just adorable.

Zeke is actually the least valuable player at the least valuable position.... if you think he really is the most valuable, when he isn't even that great of a rb, then you are hopeless.

This is just stuff I assume is common knowledge.

There's a good post in the RotoWorld Forums that show several offensive players not trying to tackle a defender after an interception or turnover. Golden Tate was another. But let's make a big deal about Elliott.

I'd like to review LT on every play that ended in a turnover. I hope he's sprinting and running down that defender every time. I bet you he's done something similar too. Maybe just not that hands on the hip thing.

Anyways, Elliott just looks depressed out there. I feel like there's something going on in his head. He looked like that in preseason. Where he was just distant from the team and sitting alone on the bench.

I'd like to review LT on every play that ended in a turnover. I hope he's sprinting and running down that defender every time. I bet you he's done something similar too. Maybe just not that hands on the hip thing.

Is the argument that, if LT was a hypocrite, then his claims about hustle would be incorrect?

Say you found a clip of LT not going after a defender with the ball. Would that make LT wrong about Zeke, or would that just mean that LT sometimes didn't do what he 'should have done'? Someone being a hypocrite doesn't make them wrong.

Is the argument that, if LT was a hypocrite, then his claims about hustle would be incorrect?

Say you found a clip of LT not going after a defender with the ball. Would that make LT wrong about Zeke, or would that just mean that LT sometimes didn't do what he 'should have done'? Someone being a hypocrite doesn't make them wrong.

I think you could say that his can by typical from time to time by all players. Now if I see Ezekiel doing this weekly, then maybe he's right.

I think you could say that his can by typical from time to time by all players. Now if I see Ezekiel doing this weekly, then maybe he's right.

I agree, with the exception of the 'all' part. Perfectly reasonable to think that some players do in fact hustle on every play. I'm thinking of a guy like Don Beebe, for example. But you're right that a of of players have thrown in the towel on occasional plays. That doesn't mean it's a great idea, just that it's not super rare.

I mean, the WR who's fourty yards down the field when the defensive end picks off the pass at the offense's own 20 yard line...is that WR going to try to catch the DE before he reaches the end zone? Is that WR even going to really try?

I get you. But still...dude should be trying most of the time :)

This!

Imagine the backlash if he had torn his hammy or acl going after a meaningless tackle at that point.

This!

Imagine the backlash if he had torn his hammy or acl going after a meaningless tackle at that point.

Not sure what you'd expect for backlash. No one would be questioning his character in that event. It's not like he would have blown his knee celebrating. For everyone who'd be questioning maybe his intelligence, there'd be someone else praising his heart. Gruden would probably offer the guy a reach-around and a Chili's gift card if it happened in a game he was calling.

This!

It was third quarter. And if you make a good salary, work for it. jeez....

This!

What backlash? There wouldn't be any.

His hustle?

If you are in the game you are higher risk of injury by loafing around.

Zeke is actually the least valuable player at the least valuable position.... if you think he really is the most valuable, when he isn't even that great of a rb, then you are hopeless.

This is just stuff I assume is common knowledge.

Yeah, he's not that good...only 2k total yards plus 16 scores last year. Weird. No one else did that. So if he is not that good, what does that make every other back in the League?

And before you tell me it's ALL because of the o line, I'll shut you down immediately because Alf and McFadden are not giving you that type of production.

As for most valuable, sure that's debatable. I suppose it all starts with the center, right smart ass? And no wayyy Dallas is in the playoffs last year without Cole Beasley.

It's no surprise this board is dead, with stupid comments as quoted above.

• Like 1

Yeah, he's not that good...only 2k total yards plus 16 scores last year. Weird. No one else did that. So if he is not that good, what does that make every other back in the League?

And before you tell me it's ALL because of the o line, I'll shut you down immediately because Alf and McFadden are not giving you that type of production.

As for most valuable, sure that's debatable. I suppose it all starts with the center, right smart ass? And no wayyy Dallas is in the playoffs last year without Cole Beasley.

It's no surprise this board is dead, with stupid comments as quoted above.

I guess the Dallas ass-kissers are out tonight. The thug is fat this year, not producing, is a quitter during tough times, and can't stay out of court. Typical...

I guess the Dallas ass-kissers are out tonight. The thug is fat this year, not producing, is a quitter during tough times, and can't stay out of court. Typical...

o

I guess the idiots are out 2nite.. Facing arguably the 2 toughest defenses in the league - he sux....

• Like 1

...The thug is fat this year...

you're taking photoshops seriously? the guy has a 6-pack right now.

that's funny right there.

Zeke is ripped and looks good. Had a bad game against a great defense, the sky is not falling. Hate if you must but let's keep it real.

• Like 1

o

I guess the idiots are out 2nite.. Facing arguably the 2 toughest defenses in the league - he sux....

No. Im just saying he is a thug, he is fat, he is only interested in his work when times are good, and he wont stay out of trouble. No big deal if you dont own him.