Sign in to follow this  
Middle-class income hit an all-time high of $61,400 last year, U.S. Census says...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/09/12/middle-class-income-hit-an-all-time-high-last-year-us-census-says/?utm_term=.20cbe14a8311

Middle-class income rose to a record level in 2017 as the strong economy lifted the fortunes of more Americans, the U.S. Census reported Wednesday.

The median U.S. household earned $61,400 last year, meaning half of the families in the country brought in more income than this and half earned less.

Middle-class household income has been rising steadily in recent years as the economy has rebounded from the deep recession and millions of Americans have found jobs again. The extra pay from having another person in the home working is the largest factor contributing to the increase in income.

Last year marked the first time ever that middle-class incomes were above $60,000. Households can vary in size from a single person to multiple adults and children residing under the same roof, but the average U.S. household has 2.6 people. Median household income is generally viewed as the best gauge of how a typical middle-class home is faring financially.

Economists have been worried about why wage growth has been so sluggish lately, but Americans appear to be compensating for that by working longer hours or having another family member find employment. Job openings hit a record high in July, the Labor Department reported this week, and there are now more jobs available than unemployed workers.

Doesnt middle class income hit an all time income almost every year?

Thank you Mr President. Best and bigly-est president ever. Thanks for also leaving losers like Shotard behind.

The OP seems to be talking about the median income. Your link is to real income, adjusted for inflation. These are 2 different things.

This one may be right? :dunno:

Shows that we just exceeded the all time high from 1999.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States#/media/File:US_GDP_per_capita_vs_median_household_income.png

That's okay, it'll hit an all time low and then we'll vote in a democrat who'll bring it up again and then we'll vote a republican who will take credit and drag it back down.

That's okay, it'll hit an all time low and then we'll vote in a democrat who'll bring it up again and then we'll vote a republican who will take credit and drag it back down.

Not to be contrarian, but Dems are middle class killers, not helpers.....

soft as a sneaker full of schit. Probably smell like it too

Who doesn't make 100k a year at this point who's over 40? Especially college grads in the northeast.

Me!!!

What do you do for a living?

Who doesn't make 100k a year at this point who's over 40? Especially college grads in the northeast.

No one will profess. Being successful means you are evil and have taken advantage of some poor person. Which always baffled me how rich people manage to get rich off of people with nothing to take, but hey, is a social justice thing, it need not make sense, right?

:lol:

Me!!!

What do you do for a living?

You don't live in the northeast.

No one will profess. Being successful means you are evil and have taken advantage of some poor person. Which always baffled me how rich people manage to get rich off of people with nothing to take, but hey, is a social justice thing, it need not make sense, right?

I hate the poor. When I was low end of middle class (that's poor), I hated the rich.

The Trump Effect

:thumbsup:

"Median household income rose to $61,400 in 2017, up 1.8% from a year earlier, according to data released by the US Census Bureau on Wednesday.
The report is the first look at the nation's fortunes under the Trump administration. The increase continues a streak of strong income growth that began in 2015 during President Barack Obama's second term. Median income grew 3.2% in 2016 and 5.2% the year before."

I admit, we don't.

I make 65, my wife makes 20.

Neither one of us has a college degree though.

:thumbsup:

"Median household income rose to $61,400 in 2017, up 1.8% from a year earlier, according to data released by the US Census Bureau on Wednesday.

The report is the first look at the nation's fortunes under the Trump administration. The increase continues a streak of strong income growth that began in 2015 during President Barack Obama's second term. Median income grew 3.2% in 2016 and 5.2% the year before."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/12/us/census-median-income-poverty/index.html

So growth slowed with that magic wand of Trump?

Roll Call: Who's doing better under Trump?

I am.

MUCH better

The OP seems to be talking about the median income. Your link is to real income, adjusted for inflation. These are 2 different things.

As with just about every other economic indicator, high earners are skewing the results. The upper quintile and especially the top 5% have made big gains, while true middle class income is fairly stagnant. This trend has been fairly consistent for the last ~30 years or longer.

As with just about every other economic indicator, high earners are skewing the results. The upper quintile and especially the top 5% have made big gains, while true middle class income is fairly stagnant. This trend has been fairly consistent for the last ~30 years or longer.

mmmm I think using median guards against this... It is not an average

• Like 1

You are correct for the OPs statement.

Now we can talk about how much money the fed reserve have printed in the last decadeish?

Trump - Middle Class Income has hit 62k

Snopes - We rate this as Pants on fire

CNN - Middle class america is only making 61.4k per year why hasn't Trump done more?

MDC - Something stupid followed by :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Slow Nut - I don't even watch CNN while parroting exactly what CNN said.

Middle of the road GC member - I'm still stupid and believe what the TV tells me what to believe

• Like 1

Roll Call: Who's doing better under Trump?

I am.

Much much better...

Thank you Trump!!

What kind of job pays you $100k/year and makes you go buy black sneakers at Payless? The worlds most profitable catering gig?

Where is his trump bonus people are saying they are getting? Whats it under on my pay stub? Cant write his stuff, too comical. I found 20$ on the ground last month, thanks Trump!

Also its only Trumptards who ever claim this magical increase. You never hear libs go Grrr I hate Trump but hey he personally sends me money every check so thats cool.

What kind of job pays you $100k/year and makes you go buy black sneakers at Payless? The worlds most profitable catering gig?

The I'm retired with an excellent pension and health benefits and I do what I want now kind. Lol

Where is his trump bonus people are saying they are getting? Whats it under on my pay stub? Cant write his stuff, too comical. I found 20$ on the ground last month, thanks Trump!

You should buy a pair of black Keds. If you want to be successful you got to look the part. :thumbsup: