Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Dunkin’ Donuts sued for making Its ‘steak’ sandwich out of ground beef

http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/06/dunkin-donuts-sued-for-steak-sandwich-made-of-ground-beef.html

All meat-loving Americans love a good steak-and-eggs breakfast, so of course Dunkin’ Donuts has a bagel sandwich — the Angus Steak & Egg — that tries to mine the combo’s immense popularity. Dishonor such a seminal dish, though, and somebody will come for your neck, as the chain has discovered now that it’s the defendant in a new lawsuit filed by a woman in Queens. Chufen Chen argues the “steak” part of the Steak & Egg is BS — that it’s technically just a regular beef patty (from Angus cows, if that matters) mixed with lots of preservatives and fillers. That means the meat “[isn’t] in actuality steak but rather it’s a patty that they advertise heavily as steak” — a trick, essentially, that lets Dunkin’ sell the sandwich as a “luxury or superior product to their classic line.”
She apparently filed suit after reading the patty’s ingredient list, which isn’t confidence-inspiring:

Angus Beef, Marinade {Water, Beef Flavor [Water, Natural Flavor (contains milk), Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Yeast Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Gluten, High Oleic Sunflower Oil), Glycerine, Artificial Flavor, Disodium Guanylate and Disodium Inosinate, Monosodium Glutamate, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Soy Sauce (Water, Soybeans, Salt, Ethyl Alcohol, Wheat), Salt, Triglycerides, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative)], Salt with BHA, TBHQ, Citric Acid, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Black Pepper}

However, Chen doesn’t feel cheated by the patty itself so much as the way the Steak & Egg is marketed. Among the sandwich’s ads is this one, which features friends deciding to celebrate one guy’s new job by eating “steak and eggs” — a term that’s yelled with gusto no fewer than 15 times in the ad’s 30 seconds.

what next? suing Burger King for their crowns being made of cardboard?

Home Depot is also being sued because their 2x4 and 4x4 lumber is actually not that dimension, even though it is in accordance with industry standard.

I don't know what to think honestly. I'm glad to see truth in advertising being defended, but these cases seem a little silly.

Home Depot is also being sued because their 2x4 and 4x4 lumber is actually not that dimension, even though it is in accordance with industry standard.

I don't know what to think honestly. I'm glad to see truth in advertising being defended, but these cases seem a little silly.

<2 x <4 :dunno:

Just doesn't roll off the tongue

Krispy Kreme > Starbucks > Dunkin Donuts

Krispy Kreme > Starbucks > Dunkin Donuts

Super fat focks > snobs > white collar

Can Insie anyone who orders a steak sandwich from Dunkin' Donuts for being a moron?

Can Insie anyone who orders a steak sandwich from Dunkin' Donuts for being a moron?

yes. insie the sh1t out of them

I don't think I've ever been inside a DD. :dunno:

other than to mop?

I haven't since law school. We used to hang out and study there as it had good wifi, good coffee, and at the time, you could smoke there.

:ninja:

It's not really a southern thing is it?

I remember when I moved to Miami back 2003.

Got an ice coffee and they literally looked at me like I had 3 heads

Poured hot coffee over ice cubes :lol:

It's not really a southern thing is it?

I remember when I moved to Miami back 2003.

Got an ice coffee and they literally looked at me like I had 3 heads

Poured hot coffee over ice cubes :lol:

Miami isn't "southern" geographically yeah but not in the context you are using ya dum dum.

2x4 are never actiually 2x4 lol

Due to drying its more like 1.5 x 3.5

You're right when you say they are never 2x4. They come off the saw about 1 7/8 x 3 7/8. The excess is more for planing than drying however. They don't really shrink all that much, about a sixteenth IIRC.

10 years in a sawmill finally paid off. :pointstosky:

Just solid Cs ?

Just solid Cs ?

nice!

Everything > starbucks

yeah I'm not that committed to any of them, I just wanted to give the thread starter a hard time as it seems everyone from Bahstan has a hard-on for Dunkin Donuts

We've had a DD in our small, Midwestern town ever since I was little. It's funny when people from the Northeast visit and are surprised by the fact we have one

:bench:

english version ?