Sign in to follow this  
lickin_starfish

Guatemalan Caravan

Hard to believe what the left, and the Democratic Party have become in such a short period of time. This is so transparent it's comical, except there are real consequences, none of them good for our country. But they don't care. What is that line form game of thrones, about how Cercei would rather see the country burn so she could rule over the ashes?

That was a Varys line about Petyr Baelish but Cersei likely feels the same way.

If you expect me to believe that 7,000 people just organically decided to walk through Mexico up to the United States without any funding from anyone....don't.

and boy oh boy look at all those Democratic leaders speaking out against this Caravan coming up. I'm just glad the Democrats have stop hiding who they are and what they want.

Who's supplying and feeding them ?

Sho

yeah but who's supplying and feeding him ? :dunno:

Maybe they are hunting buffalo with hand made bow and arrows and digging down to fresh water springs, while building adobe huts along the way for shelters? You never know.

Are democrats and the MSM supporting them coming to the US? Granted, I don't read/watch CNN/MSNBC or FOX on any sort of daily basis, but I'm not seeing this angle anywhere on a quick search?

I don't think even 99% of liberals want open borders? They just think the wall would be mostly useless and a gigantic waste of money.

How could anyone think this would be good for America?

Are democrats and the MSM supporting them coming to the US? Granted, I don't read/watch CNN/MSNBC or FOX on any sort of daily basis, but I'm not seeing this angle anywhere on a quick search?

I don't think even 99% of liberals want open borders? They just think the wall would be mostly useless and a gigantic waste of money.

I was actually surprised this wasnt splashed all over CNN's webpage. Give it time

Ask China.

I was actually surprised this wasnt splashed all over CNN's webpage. Give it time

Well, it must be somewhere, because the entire FFT peanut gallery is already parroting that sentiment? Do I need to check Brietbart or Infowars for this news?

I was out of town on a mini vacation from last Friday until last night so I don't know exactly whats going on either. However my guess is the MSM isn't saying much of anything right now......but when Trump orders the U.S. to "stop" these people at the border there will be pictures with small children crying and women lying down in tears, etc etc.

I'll take that bet. There's no way they make it in time for the elections. A group that size with wimmens and kids would be lucky to make 10 a day. Prolly closer to 5.

What shall we bet?

I was out of town on a mini vacation from last Friday until last night so I don't know exactly whats going on either. However my guess is the MSM isn't saying much of anything right now......but when Trump orders the U.S. to "stop" these people at the border there will be pictures with small children crying and women lying down in tears, etc etc.

Just went to CNN. https://www.cnn.com/

Front page has a couple stories:

"A Mom's Desperate Act to reach Mexico"

"Trump Threatening Foreign Aid over new migrant caravan"

It's the spin mobb deep. CNN is pulling at heartstrings using the "mom" and they'll show kids crying etc. Then the second headline TRUMP THREATENING!@#! ARGHH!!!

It's so transparent........

When the truth is America is an immigrant nation but you must have a process, order, and laws. A 7,000 person caravan just deciding to bum rush your country is nothing to be celebrated.

• Like 2

is calling those opposed to the caravan white racists the same as supporting?

https://preview.msn.com/en-ca/video/watch/pro-trump-media-claims-caravan-is-a-threat/vi-BBOGpVE

Just went to CNN. https://www.cnn.com/

Front page has a couple stories:

"A Mom's Desperate Act to reach Mexico"

"Trump Threatening Foreign Aid over new migrant caravan"

It's the spin mobb deep. CNN is pulling at heartstrings using the "mom" and they'll show kids crying etc. Then the second headline TRUMP THREATENING!@#! ARGHH!!!

It's so transparent........

When the truth is America is an immigrant nation but you must have a process, order, and laws. A 7,000 person just deciding to bum rush your country is nothing to be celebrated.

Agree 100%. I can also understand why a mom in an impoverished country would want to bring her children to America. Who wouldn't want their children to be in the greatest nation, that would give them the best chance to reach their potential and aspirations? It doesn't make it right, but I understand that plight. =

is calling those opposed to the caravan white racists the same as supporting?

https://preview.msn.com/en-ca/video/watch/pro-trump-media-claims-caravan-is-a-threat/vi-BBOGpVE

Well, when you have a president that calls an entire group of people rapists and murderers, endorses racist candidates, and says some of the racists at the Charlotte thing were very fine people... one can sort of understand how that narrative was created. It just doesn't fall from the sky out of nowhere...

I don't personally believe 99% of those opposed to this caravan or who support Trump are racists, but I feel like Trump has brought that narrative upon himself, and as an extension those who support him. Not the other way around. Like many people have stated, even inside his own cabinet, a little restraint and humility on his end would go a long way...

• Like 1

How far are they walking? 1,100 miles?

Ok. If you walk 17 minutes miles (moderate pace for a healthy adult)

That's about 3.5 miles an hour.

So they would need 314 hours to get to their destination

So they could do it in 13 days if they walk with no breaks for sleeping or anything else.

They must be a robust folk.

God speed.

i don't personally believe 99% of those opposed to this caravan or who support Trump are racists, but I feel like Trump has brought that narrative upon himself, and as an extension those who support him. Not the other way around. Like many people have stated, even inside his own cabinet, a little restraint and humility on his end would go a long way...

Nah. Lib heads explode when Trump doesn't cater to race and they label that as racism. It's not.

How far are they walking? 1,100 miles?

Ok. If you walk 17 minutes miles (moderate pace for a healthy adult)

That's about 3.5 miles an hour.

So they would need 314 hours to get to their destination

So they could do it in 13 days if they walk with no breaks for sleeping or anything else.

God speed.

3.5 mph is by no means a moderate pace. More like 2.5. 25 miles a day is reasonable. 44 days.

I think the paranoid people of this country have the brain of a pea pod.

It would take a frigging months to walk here from Guatemala.

The news acts like they're entering California from Tijuana.

The news acts like they're entering from Tijuana.

Just taking a wild guess here... Just MAYBE this has something to do with both sides trying to fire up their base before the election 2 weeks away. I could be totally wrong! :unsure:

3.5 mph is by no means a moderate pace. More like 2.5. 25 miles a day is reasonable. 44 days.

That's my pace when I include walking in my exercising (I hate running). :)

Trump has brought that narrative upon himself

The public might buy that if the democrats hadn't been rabid to destroy people like George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Newt Gingrich, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon. More people than ever have established in their minds that this is just a pattern of behavior in modern politics. They won't buy the idea that Trump brought it on himself because there are too many bodies.

Water cannon, tear gas, release the hounds

at the very least

Who's paranoid about this story?

The public might buy that if the democrats hadn't been rabid to destroy people like George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Newt Gingrich, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon. More people than ever have established in their minds that this is just a pattern of behavior in modern politics. They won't buy the idea that Trump brought it on himself because there are too many bodies.

Ok, and Republicans were rabid to destroy Obama, both Clintons, Bernie, etc. etc. If you're going to paint, you need to paint the entire picture. That's just politics, like you said. But like I said in my op, Trump is just further fueling that narrative. He's pissing on the fire, just like Obama pissed on the police brutality against minorities/BLM fire.

You don't believe they can keep up 3.5 mph 24 hours a day pace for 13 days straight?

Those massive backpacks they are wearing on their backs are full of helium and super energy juice.

You have little faith. :)

Oh yeah aby CNN is ALL OVER IT!!

Babies, moms, you name it...They have pics!!! LET THEM IN!!!

Oh yeah aby CNN is ALL OVER IT!!

Babies, moms, you name it...They have pics!!! LET THEM IN!!!

The only real question is, what tool them so long? As the propaganda arm of the Democratic party they should have been on this much earlier

Ok, and Republicans were rabid to destroy Obama, both Clintons, Bernie, etc. etc. If you're going to paint, you need to paint the entire picture. That's just politics, like you said. But like I said in my op, Trump is just further fueling that narrative. He's pissing on the fire, just like Obama pissed on the police brutality against minorities/BLM fire.

Honestly man I dont know what to think the left is going to do. To be sure they dont think its a good idea to let these people in. But at the same time, I think they are waiting to see what trump does and take the opposite stance. I really dont know. Im just waiting to see. Im interested in what trump does and what the news outlets are going to say about it

Who's supplying and feeding them ?

Soros funded operation, scam

wait does anyone think they are going to actually walk the entire length of Mexico? They are going to get bussed up here to the Border at some point. And just who the heck do you think is going to pay for that?

Liberals.

Trump should call out for applications from people who live in San Francisco that are willing to bring one or more of these folks into their homes and be their primary caretaker for the rest of their lives.

They get no benefits from the government, everything is cash out of pocket including health care for these people. If one commits a crime (including working as an illegal), the criminal gets sent back, and the caretaker and Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters all go to prison for whatever crime that is committed.

I bet there aren't many people out there who want a terrorist Gautemalan pet.

• Like 1

Trump should call out for applications from people who live in San Francisco that are willing to bring one or more of these folks into their homes and be their primary caretaker for the rest of their lives.

They get no benefits from the government, everything is cash out of pocket including health care for these people. If one commits a crime (including working as an illegal), the criminal gets sent back, and the caretaker and Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters all go to prison for whatever crime that is committed.

I bet there aren't many people out there who want a Gautemalan pet.

My wife leans further left than I do. We were discussing the repeal of the gas tax thing that's on the ballot here. If you're not familiar, Jerry Brown brown passed some bill that raised our gas tax even further and added to registration costs. I told her I was going to vote "YES" to repeal it and she was taken back a bit. She repeated the narrative that our roads need repair, traffic is a nightmare, mass transit improvements etc. I told her we already pay some of the highest taxes in the nation, and should stop giving welfare to people here illegally, and it will more than cover that 5 billion they claim to need. It would also deter some people from trying to enter illegally, as they wouldn't have all of these services we currently hand out. She was still a bit perturbed about the whole thing, and then went out to check the mail shortly thereafter. It just so happened that her car registration renewal came in the mail that same day, and was almost 50$ more than last year. I think she might be on board with a YES vote now. :banana:

Soros funded operation, scam

Rep Gaetz backed off that lie and is now claiming he suspects that the men handing out the money were cartel members sowing good will and seeking to subvert the gubmint.

In his defense, he's just throwing "questions" out there looking for the truth.

You telling me they're going to make 25 miles a day through the mountains of Mexico? Good focking luck with that.

Rep Gaetz backed off that lie and is now claiming he suspects that the men handing out the money were cartel members sowing good will and seeking to subvert the gubmint.

In his defense, he's just throwing "questions" out there looking for the truth.

that's cool, in this thread the usual suspects are just throwing out blanket accusations with no hope to find the truth.

that's cool, in this thread the usual suspects are just throwing out blanket accusations with no hope to find the truth.

Hence... you. Thanks for at least knowing and admitting your limitations.

at the very least

Would an A-10 Strafing run be excessive? I think not. :bandana:

• Like 1