Jump to content



Photo

Rolex Watches


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Djgb13

Djgb13

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,516 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

Anyone think they are worth it? Or just a waste of money?

#2 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

13 years till I get one, unless of course my company does away with that benefit by then.


Steeler's Fan

#3 patweisers44

patweisers44

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 16,779 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:07 AM

I have a low-end one.  I have a friend that owns a pawn shop and got a really good deal on it.  I only wear a watch on rare occasions...weddings, funerals, etc.  Basically any time I am wearing a suit. No chance I would ever pay full price for one, though.


To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

#4 mmmmm...beer

mmmmm...beer

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 8,208 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:08 AM

My watchmaker says they suck.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

#5 edjr

edjr

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 104,610 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:09 AM

Best I own is a Movado. I ain't that fancy


posty


#6 frank

frank

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,626 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:10 AM

I got a $25 watch as a gift about 25 years ago. It finally broke about 3 years ago and I found the same model for $20. It does everything a Rolex does and more.

A Rolex is not a watch. It is jewelry and jewelry is for ladies.

Another Dumb fvcking post by frank. :wave:

 

 

 

 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

 

OOTMFFOTB


#7 fandandy

fandandy

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

I've always wanted a TAGHeuer.  I'd never drop the money on one but they have some nice styles.



#8 Djgb13

Djgb13

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,516 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:19 AM

I've got one but it's one of the less expensive ones. Saw my sister and BIL yesterday and commented how I like his wife. My sister is like "oh you like that huh? It was a 15 year wedding anniversary gift. It's a $25,000 Rolex". I'm sitting there sh1t I don't think I could drop that much on a dam watch. Most I could do would maybe be a couple thousand but not no dam car loan amount on a watch

#9 frank

frank

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,626 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:20 AM

Saw my sister and BIL yesterday and commented how I like his wife.


Pervert.

Another Dumb fvcking post by frank. :wave:

 

 

 

 

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

 

OOTMFFOTB


#10 Meglamaniac

Meglamaniac

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 17,689 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:22 AM

. Saw my sister and BIL yesterday and commented how I like his wife.

Incest is best


Debt paid in full!

#11 Djgb13

Djgb13

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,516 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:24 AM

Pervert.


Yea it was my bday yesterday so I went to see my nephews last basketball game at his school before he starts junior high and then we went to eat. Apparently my BIL had a couple more of those $20,0000+ watches

#12 Kopy

Kopy

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

Isn't a Rolex just like a Harley Davidson? Basically, your just paying for the name? A look at me status symbol.
<p>......SEATTLE SEAHAWKS......      Future Dynasty

#13 BudBro

BudBro

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 4,205 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

When I had the opportunity to visit NYC several years ago, one of my "things to do" was find an imitation Rolex for my wife from one of the street sellers.  They were everywhere (not in Manhattan).  Found a nice silver one.  Probably overpaid for it, but gave him $40 for it.  She gets compliments on it all the time.


“You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift, help small men by tearing down big men, strengthen the weak by weakening the strong, lift the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer, help the poor by destroying the rich, establish security on borrowed money, or help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.” —William J. H. Boetcker

http://www.flickr.co..."]2007 f-18 pic


#14 penultimatestraw

penultimatestraw

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:57 AM

Like just about every "luxury" item, they ain't worth it.

#15 penultimatestraw

penultimatestraw

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

I've always wanted a TAGHeuer.  I'd never drop the money on one but they have some nice styles.

My ex wife bought me one. Piece of junk.

#16 ROCKFORD

ROCKFORD

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:05 AM

countdown to fantasycurse.


my official fan club:  jerryskids, sux, wiff, big guy ...


#17 Djgb13

Djgb13

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,516 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

When I had the opportunity to visit NYC several years ago, one of my "things to do" was find an imitation Rolex for my wife from one of the street sellers.  They were everywhere (not in Manhattan).  Found a nice silver one.  Probably overpaid for it, but gave him $40 for it.  She gets compliments on it all the time.

I think this would be the way to go. People wouldn't know it's fake and you still have a decent watch

#18 Cruzer

Cruzer

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 37,480 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

I would never spend that kind of money for a watch, even if I were filthy rich.



#19 ROCKFORD

ROCKFORD

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:07 AM

most places have clocks on the wall.  but that trend has diminished.


my official fan club:  jerryskids, sux, wiff, big guy ...


#20 MDC

MDC

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 46,623 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:10 AM

I would never spend that kind of money for a watch, even if I were filthy rich.


This. I wear a $40 Timex.
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

#21 patweisers44

patweisers44

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 16,779 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:12 AM

This. I wear a $40 Timex.

Like Newbie's womans asswhole, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking.


To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

#22 Cruzer

Cruzer

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 37,480 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:13 AM

This. I wear a $40 Timex.

I'm just too flat out clumsy. I am constantly banging my wrist against shiit.. I buy a $100 Fossil every couple of years - they look pretty sharp and are a fair price for what they are.



#23 MDC

MDC

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 46,623 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:14 AM

I'm just too flat out clumsy. I am constantly banging my wrist against shiit.. I buy a $100 Fossil every couple of years - they look pretty sharp and are a fair price for what they are.


I don't like the way most luxury watches look am wouldn't want to wear one anyway, but I'd be embarrassed to wear a pricey status symbol lik a Rolex.

I have my Timex and a G Shock. I've never wanted a fancier watch. Then again I drive a 12 y/o Volvo and don't want a new car either.
This is my signature. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.

#24 fandandy

fandandy

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 4,375 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:16 AM

I got a Citizen.  It's casual with a canvas strap and it charges by sunlight.  It seems to be good quality but I rarely wear a watch.



#25 Kanil

Kanil

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

My wife's dad passed away and the MIL gave me his.  I'm like the poster above who breaks it out when my wife wants me to look fancy.  Other than that, it sits in my junk drawer.



#26 Djgb13

Djgb13

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,516 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

I'm just too flat out clumsy. I am constantly banging my wrist against shiit.. I buy a $100 Fossil every couple of years - they look pretty sharp and are a fair price for what they are.


I've been buying fossil watches cause they seem to have a decent amount of styles that i like. I can't find watches I like in bulova, movado, citizen, etc that I actually like

#27 Hardcore troubadour

Hardcore troubadour

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 17,694 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

My phone has a clock.

#28 DankNuggs

DankNuggs

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 17,262 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:00 PM

Best I own is a Movado. I ain't that fancy


Same, just wear it with suits

Bruins > Habs


Spending cuts without any tax hike concessions are immoral

#29 Mungwater

Mungwater

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,156 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

I have a tag, it's a nice watch..

#30 giraldi02

giraldi02

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 5,062 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:14 PM

People wear watches still? I bet those are the same people with joint checking accounts and two separate beds in the bedroom


WPIAFP

 


#31 BufordT

BufordT

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

About 15 years ago, I bought a high quality fake one online for about $100 out of some European country.  I wear it about twice a year mostly to weddings or some other high end function.  Its actually a very nice looking watch. A friend of mine had a jeweler friend of his look at it.  The only way he was able to tell it was fake was by the weight of it and when he opened it up to look at the inner workings.  Jeweler said that the fake will probably tell better time than a real one.  When people make comment about it I always come clean....eventually.  If nothing else its a great conversation piece.



#32 Meglamaniac

Meglamaniac

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 17,689 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:13 PM

My dad brought me a fake one back from China about 10 years ago, I think I may have worn it 5 times.


Debt paid in full!

#33 Cruzer

Cruzer

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 37,480 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

Seriously - why even get a fake?

 

My circle of people, whom I spend 90% of my time with - will know damn good and well I didn't go out and drop $10k for a Rolex... And the other 10% of the people, who I don't 'know, I don't give a shiit if they're impressed or not by a watch.



#34 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 21,399 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

I had a fossil watch (big time baby :D ) in high school when they were trendy. You had to have a fossil and oakley sunglasses. I probably still have that watch somewhere it was a xmas gift from grandma wonder.

I dn't wear watches even with suits. Hate them

#35 Mungwater

Mungwater

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 13,156 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

Seriously - why even get a fake?
 
My circle of people, whom I spend 90% of my time with - will know damn good and well I didn't go out and drop $10k for a Rolex... And the other 10% of the people, who I don't 'know, I don't give a shiit if they're impressed or not by a watch.


And it would keep getting knocked on your leafblower

#36 vuduchile

vuduchile

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 9,681 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

They're great for when you need to dress up and go places.

#37 BunnysBastatrds

BunnysBastatrds

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 22,145 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:39 PM

I've been buying fossil watches cause they seem to have a decent amount of styles that i like. I can't find watches I like in bulova, movado, citizen, etc that I actually like

 

 Check out Swiss Army watches. They have a lot of styles to choose from and good prices. I have one like this.

 http://www.righttime...ens/241120m.jpg


All my flavors are guranteed to satisfy.


#38 BufordT

BufordT

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

Seriously - why even get a fake?

 

My circle of people, whom I spend 90% of my time with - will know damn good and well I didn't go out and drop $10k for a Rolex... And the other 10% of the people, who I don't 'know, I don't give a shiit if they're impressed or not by a watch.

Oh I agree with most of that.  It's still a good, quality, nice looking watch for $100.  I've had it 15+ years with no issues.  You're right, most people don't notice or don't care.  Once in a while, though, it is a great conversation piece.



#39 Cruzer

Cruzer

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 37,480 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:50 PM

And it would keep getting knocked on your leafblower

Ha, I actually love my leaf blower - it's a life saver!



#40 tanatastic

tanatastic

    FF Geek

  • Members
  • 15,766 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

Pretty sure in the years since they were "rapper cool" other watchmakers have established themselves as higher class for much cheaper.

I can't think of anyone better to run the country than a reality TV, business mogul blowhard. Apparently, neither could the democrats.