Sign in to follow this  
SenatorRock

What was the greatest day of your life: survey

Greatest day (no births or weddings)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What was the greatest day of your life, not counting births and weddings?

• Favorite team won national championshiop
    • Threw a game winning touchdown/ home run / free throw / etc
    • Saved someone's life
    • Got your GED
    • Ran a marathon / climbed a mountain / won a gold metal / etc
    • Obama winning election 2008
    • Trump winning election 2016
    • Other

I'm 14 and my mother and father are fighting again... y'know, because she caught him again. Caught him... This time the girl drove by the house to pick him up. And I finally realized, he wasn't just cheating on my mother, he was cheating us. So I told him, I said, "You're bad to us. We don't love you. I'll take care of my mother and my sister. We don't need you any more." And he made like he was gonna hit me, but I didn't budge. And he turned around and he left. He never bothered us again. Well, I took care of my mother and my sister from that day on. That's my best day.

Damn bro, thats serious. Good for you, especially at 14.

I'm 14 and my mother and father are fighting again... y'know, because she caught him again. Caught him... This time the girl drove by the house to pick him up. And I finally realized, he wasn't just cheating on my mother, he was cheating us. So I told him, I said, "You're bad to us. We don't love you. I'll take care of my mother and my sister. We don't need you any more." And he made like he was gonna hit me, but I didn't budge. And he turned around and he left. He never bothered us again. Well, I took care of my mother and my sister from that day on. That's my best day.

How dare you use some of digby's best work

I watched that movie and didn't remember that story or scene. It went right over my head too.

:lol: at "winning a gold metal"...

I've come to realize that most people here are so full of sh1t.

The day a presidential election ranks as the best day of my life is the day I realize I've had no life

/thread.

/thread.

I woke up and say on the shitter, like every other weekday and I looked at my phone to see Trump won :o

Similiar thing happened last year's super bowl re: patriots winning.

I rarely stay up past 10 on a school night. I did for this years super bowl

:dunno:

I saw this video today and it brought back a flood of emotion and memories of the greatest day in my life so far.

What has been the greatest day in your life so far? Something personal? An achievement? A sacrifice? First black president? First orange president? An adventure? Kinky sex marathon?

(purposely left off wedding day and births of children so that nobody feels guilty picking something else)

What about that day made it so special?

Classic! :doublethumbsup:

Quite possibly the dumbest pole ever.

Sorry you have lived a miserable life and never had a great day.

There have been some pretty cool responses in this thread imo.

Sorry you have lived a miserable life and never had a great day.

There have been some pretty cool responses in this thread imo.

No, your choices are shiot. I voted other. The births of my kids are by far the greatest days of my life. Not the day some dumbfuck got elected. Go back to the alias hole you crawled out of you focking idiot.

No, your choices are shiot. I voted other. The births of my kids are by far the greatest days of my life. Not the day some dumbfuck got elected. Go back to the alias hole you crawled out of you focking idiot.

He said in the OP that he specifically excluded wedding and kid births because most people would pick those. I think this was a good idea for a thread but apparently most people here can't read. :(

He said in the OP that he specifically excluded wedding and kid births because most people would pick those. I think this was a good idea for a thread but apparently most people here can't read. :(

tl;dr

I know, right? Like anyone here could win gold. :rolleyes:

well, there's curling

tl;dr

You have an impressive lack of attention span. It must serve you well in the legal profession. :thumbsup:

What a dik.

Several thoughts from this thread...

1. If someone you dont even know winning an election even makes the top ten days of your life, I feel sorry for you.

2. Divorce day was pretty good. Not the day we signed the papers. That day was kind of weird and sad, as we still lived together for another week or so after that. We left the lawyers office and had dinner, then went home.

No, but 90 days later, when it went final, I had largely forgotten the date. I Got an email from my lawyer with the signed papers while I was banging a much hotter woman that was ten+ years younger than the ex wife. Made me smile.

Now, my best day? I dunno. cant really think of ONE earthshaking day.

Some days with family. Holidays and such.

Some traveling days, where I see cool sh!t and meet cool people. Those are good days.

Some of those early in a relationship days when youre crazy in love and spend all day in bed focking, talking, etc. those are some good days.

• Like 1

Too many really great days to single one out, but heres one thats sports related:

7 catches for 149 yds and 2TDs, plus 3 INTs and 17 solo tackles in a HS game against a country rival.

The last pick was made in the end zone on the final play to seal the win. I got kicked thru my face mask in the 1st quarter and broke my nose. Blood poured out and soaked my white jersey. Getting hit in the nose hurts like hell, but it also really pisses you off.

Banged my gf extra hard that night (twice) in the back seat of my dads Dodge Polara with the AM radio. She was a junior at the rival school wed just beaten.

• Like 1

What a dik.

I think he just misplaced his sense of humor somewhere.

Obama and Trump were both included in the poll, I know people who would put Obama's election or inauguration up there and don't fault them, it was an historic moment. Same as Trump winning.

The video and related commentary in the OP were part teasing/part serious. Shame that some people are so bitter they can't enjoy a thread where people have shared some cool stories (even if stolen from a movie)

well, there's curling

My friends and I were thinking about training for the next Winter Olympics. I mean, its basically shuffleboard on ice. How hard can it be?

As to the OP, probably graduating med school. I had some pretty phenomenal skiing and climbing experiences as well, but no single day sticks out.

• Like 1

He said in the OP that he specifically excluded wedding and kid births because most people would pick those.

I know it's tough for you to understand but the ones around here that can actually get laid and have kids will chose that day every time regardless of stupid rules. Now go back to your safe place snowflake.

I know it's tough for you to understand but the ones around here that can actually get laid and have kids will chose that day every time regardless of stupid rules. Now go back to your safe place snowflake.

Two kinds of guys. Those that can get laid don't think it's a big deal. Those that latch on to the first piece of ass they can get, do. Looks like youre the second guy.

How dare you use some of digby's best work

I do feel bad about t hat, I thought I'd mentioned enough times that my father died when I was 6 that everyone knew I was blowing smoke. That and that the movie seemed to be on TBS for 10 years straight, I figured everyone would instantly know the clip/quote.

I suck. :(

I do feel bad about t hat, I thought I'd mentioned enough times that my father died when I was 6 that everyone knew I was blowing smoke. That and that the movie seemed to be on TBS for 10 years straight, I figured everyone would instantly know the clip/quote.

I have no idea from what movie that quote came, but it was obviously not something you’d really say. Sorry your stepdad treated your family so poorly :(

I have no idea from what movie that quote came, but it was obviously not something you’d really say. Sorry your stepdad treated your family so poorly :(

Huh? What? No step-dad, I've derailed this thread...please ignore me!

I think it was last Thursday.

MDC followed me around like a puppy dog all day :wub:

• Like 1

Nice job Honcho.

We can't have anything nice.

I know...I know...I should have been honest and told everyone about the day I was playing ball in the house(even though Mom always said don't play ball in the house) and i broke Mom's favorite vase and I was going to get grounded and miss the scouting camping trip. But then my 5 brothers and sister all stepped up and took the blame for the vase breaking and got punished for it. That was really my best day.

I know...I know...I should have been honest and told everyone about the day I was playing ball in the house(even though Mom always said don't play ball in the house) and i broke Mom's favorite vase and I was going to get grounded and miss the scouting camping trip. But then my 5 brothers and sister all stepped up and took the blame for the vase breaking and got punished for it. That was really my best day.

i thought is was playing catch with joe namath or don drysdale :dunno:

I knew it immediately. That scene was the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title.

The day a presidential election ranks as the best day of my life is the day I realize I've had no life

and I'm guessing SenatorRocktard has no kids, because that's a no brainer.

and I'm guessing SenatorRocktard has no kids, because that's a no brainer.

Probably never married either, how are those 2 choices both missing.

I would have to say today, after reading about Jerry's home run. I'm a sucker for middling underdog stories. :thumbsup:

Prior to that, it had been 11/2/17, when I read nzoner's post about banging his boss and her secretary.

Prior to that, it had been 11/2/17, when I read nzoner's post about banging his boss and her secretary.

in the spirit of Valentine's Day he ought to re-post .

Loved that film :thumbsup:

I think it was last Thursday.

MDC followed me around like a puppy dog all day :wub:

Still smarting peenie? :(