Sign in to follow this  
Gladiators

Would you let your kid quit a sport mid-season?

You should congratulate her for getting her kid away from that useless sport before its too late.

The soccer chicks were way hotter that the dykes playing softball in high school...I know, soccer is the ghey.

Tough guys living vicariously through their kids. If the kid doesnt want to play, dont make em play. They will just cry and sulk all season and this way you dont have to shuttle them to a hundred different things.

Spoken like an All American bench warmer.

Only if the coach was abusive or toxic. Otherwise no.

My oldest (10) struggled his first year in baseball. Didnt like it, couldnt hit, couldnt catch,etc

When he said he didnt wanna keep playing, I reminded him that HE made the decision to try and now that he was in it, needed to see it through.

I told him to find at least one thing about the experience that he liked and focus on that as best he could.

He said he liked throwing.

3 years later, hes thrilled to be an All Star pitcher and outfielder.

At 4 i don't care. I paid 30 bucks for weeball. He played 3 out of 6 games. I would rather do the things we did instead. Fished. Napped. Played outside. Im not living through my son in sports. I cant control that. I can expose him to sports and he can be good or not. I can control his intelligence and thats what we work on daily.

At 4 i don't care. I paid 30 bucks for weeball. He played 3 out of 6 games. I would rather do the things we did instead. Fished. Napped. Played outside. Im not living through my son in sports. I cant control that. I can expose him to sports and he can be good or not. I can control his intelligence and thats what we work on daily.

Hes 4 now, but that mentality can carry on both of you at 5,6,7 and beyond.

Small towns across the country are having trouble fielding teams in many sports.

When 2 or 3 quit, it leaves the rest of the team with their collective dicks in their hands and forces them to scramble or forfeit.

If you both cant commit to an entire season, dont sign him up.

Or, train your kid to be a selfish pr!ck

Either way.

Hes 4 now, but that mentality can carry on both of you at 5,6,7 and beyond.

Small towns across the country are having trouble fielding teams in many sports.

When 2 or 3 quit, it leaves the rest of the team with their collective dicks in their hands and forces them to scramble or forfeit.

If you both cant commit to an entire season, dont sign him up.

Or, train your kid to be a selfish pr!ck

Either way.

just for that. Im signing him up fir everything and never showing up.

just for that. Im signing him up fir everything and never showing up.

Or......you could just quit being his father whenever youre not feeling it. Im sure hell understand.

Fished? Napped? JFC, you signed your kid up for a team. Do him a favor and help him out of the cycle of failure that has been your life until you had him, and start teaching him to keep his commitments. I know this seems harsh but you'll thank me later. :cheers:

Fished? Napped? JFC, you signed your kid up for a team. Do him a favor and help him out of the cycle of failure that has been your life until you had him, and start teaching him to keep his commitments. I know this seems harsh but you'll thank me later. :cheers:

meh. He has a nap time every day. It is consistent and I don't break the pattern. Some days are better for fishing than others.