Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Seven & Eight Commentary**

Like the Jahvid Best pick, getting that here and now is decent value if he is able to withstand the punishment. With Smith and Leshoure coming back too, he won;t have to bear the full burden and thus can avoid sitting out for half a season. Their other additions on offense should allow the explosive nature of Best's play to shine. :thumbsup:

Even if I buy in to rllds theory, and its plausible though I agree with jscott that welker will go before hernandez,

It still.doesn't convince me.that tamme or even pettigrew are better picks. Hernandez is more talented and on the case of tamme, we are completely banking on him rekindling the magic he had with manning in 2010 for half a season.

I think Welker stays put for now, yes he has not signed the franchise tender yet, but he is saying good things publicly, which is smart because outside of the Pat's system he is pedestrian, he knows he has to stay in NE and with Tom Brady or he retires much earlier than would otherwise need to.

It's not just the TE's at play here, NE is very smart about this and has demonstrated the willingness to do this in the past. They know that affording a new contract for Hernandez in 2014 jeopardizes their ability to keep Wilfork, Gostkowski, Vereen, Ridley, Mallet and Fanene..... Ballicheat loves depth, and will not forsake it to keep a luxury. He does not need to repalce Hernandez, just fill in behind Gostkowski.

Ballard was not drafted, he becomes a restricted free agent in 2014, so they can keep him dirt cheap until 2015 too. In 2013 and 2014 the Pat's will start looking hard for Brady's successor as well, the cost of getting a franchise QB must be considered. The picks they can garner from a Hernandez trade might allow them to move into a spot to access elite QB talent.

With Lloyd on site, he can provide in the role of stretching the defense that Hernandez was giving......the writing is on the wall, but you have to be willing to read it ;)

I fully understand the Patriot way of sacrificing for the good of the team, but you're flat out wrong on the value of Hernandez to this offense and Lloyd will not do what Hernandez does. Hernandez did not stretch the field. IF the Pats felt they could find another Hernandez at a cheaper contract sure I can see your arguement but you're sorely underestimating what he's brought to the table. There is no other TE including Gronk that has AHern's skill set. He is by far the best RAC TE in the league, and it's not even close. He sees the field better than a lot of running backs and catches like a WR. He is just as valuable to this offense as Gronk.

Oh I can read your fairy tale, but I prefer non-fiction :lol:

Just called RC, he'll be back on in a little bit.

really enjoyed the draft so far.......slammed at work trying to get everything done before i go to destin next week.....i'll think i'll do a team by team analysis next week since i havent been able to really add any thoughts.....

and i'm still around if anyone needs me to make any picks :banana:

I wanted Hillis in round seven but opted for the starter who had a backup coming off of an ACL, thus I took Starks. I don't feel Charles can possibly be ready for heavy action early this year, and even when he does get back in shape, Hillis will get the good stuff in the redzone. He was brought there for more than just a decoration. Of course the word from the camp is he will be ready. We have heard that before, but only seen it pan out a few times. In this type of format, he should land me more TD's than any other #4 back on a roster.

I fully understand the Patriot way of sacrificing for the good of the team, but you're flat out wrong on the value of Hernandez to this offense and Lloyd will not do what Hernandez does. Hernandez did not stretch the field. IF the Pats felt they could find another Hernandez at a cheaper contract sure I can see your arguement but you're sorely underestimating what he's brought to the table. There is no other TE including Gronk that has AHern's skill set. He is by far the best RAC TE in the league, and it's not even close. He sees the field better than a lot of running backs and catches like a WR. He is just as valuable to this offense as Gronk.

Oh I can read your fairy tale, but I prefer non-fiction :lol:

OK, let's just wait and see how it unfolds. B)

Anquan Boldin - Just looking to round out my WR's corps, hoping that the continued development of Torrey Smith results in some opportunities for Boldin.

I have Riceman's next two picks if he's not around

I have Riceman's next two picks if he's not around

Do it. I have to disappear for a bit after my next 2 picks.

Gresham - made the pro bowl last year with a rookie QB and no off season in a new offense. Been waiting on this guy to explode.

DHB - everyone is high on d.Moore. I actually favor DHB. I just love the work he has put in to bettering himself. Seems like he took a situation where he was sort of a joke due to circumstances beyond his control (being drafted 7th by crazy Al davis) and worked hard to improve on just being a speed guy. His hands have improved greatly. for what its worth, he had more targets pet game than Moore after Palmer took over. At the very worst I see no reason both guys cant be solid WR3's.

Reggie Wanye - grabbing my 4th WR here and I think Wayne makes a fine 4th. He will be a security blanket and best friend for his QB and there will be games, playing from behind, that he will have 150-2 type stat lines and give me production in the best ball format.

DHB - everyone is high on d.Moore. I actually favor DHB. I just love the work he has put in to bettering himself. Seems like he took a situation where he was sort of a joke due to circumstances beyond his control (being drafted 7th by crazy Al davis) and worked hard to improve on just being a speed guy. His hands have improved greatly. for what its worth, he had more targets pet game than Moore after Palmer took over. At the very worst I see no reason both guys cant be solid WR3's.

Reggie Wanye - grabbing my 4th WR here and I think Wayne makes a fine 4th. He will be a security blanket and best friend for his QB and there will be games, playing from behind, that he will have 150-2 type stat lines and give me production in the best ball format.

Love the Wayne pick. DHB is just one of those guys that you gotta love to draft, and we all have them.