Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Josh Gordon is he coming back?

Josh Gordon is 100% done. You don't take off 3-4 seasons and come back from that. Guy is a bum.

Wasn't he a big deal at one point. If he was seriously coming back in a few weeks against the Colts don't you all think there would be way more media coverage all over this then just one source? I highly doubt he is coming back.

Good point. It's a thing Gordon said. There's no external reporting this is underway at the NFL.

Then I guess I'll be rostering a player who will never play. Oh well.

I've had this clown on my dynasty team since he entered the NFL. I pretty much just consider him my teams mascot at this point.

Josh Gordon already has come back. He changed his name to Melvin and snuck back into the league at a different position. :ninja:

I knew it! Very Sneaky.

People who say no don't own him people who say yes own him. Only time will tell

Of my 7 leagues, I only own him in one... he's available in 5, and not available in the other. I'll put a claim for him in those 5. If I get him, great, if not... no biggie.

This story ranks up there with "Elvis is alive, because i saw him last week at a gas station in Toledo, Ohio."

Unfortunately I already blew my waiver claim on Barry Sanders.

I made a huge mistake after reading all this and blew my FAAB picking up Josh Groban. He might have a few hits this season, but I think he won't crack my starting lineup.

not sure what you know to draw this conclusion. it would stand to reason that, if he was able to be a stud when he wasn't taking care of himself or taking his job seriously, that he could do it when he is rehabilitated and working hard at his job.

i've put him at the end of my bench in a dynasty. not really counting on him, but hopeful that, out of a group of corey davis, mike williams, john brown, and gordon i end up with 2 or 3 studs in the next year or 2

Even if he does come back and play he will never be that guy ever again.

People seem more intent on being right about him not coming back than they are concerned with fear of missing out. I dont lose anything if he doesn't come back. If he does, he is 26 and on the bench of my 28 man dynasty.

The ESPN article linked above stated that Gordon is 231 lbs...which sounded surprisingly high until I read he weighed 225 lbs when he came into the league, holy hell. This dude has clearly gotten in the way of his own success but I wish him the best. It always seems that guys who miss substantial time end up injured very quickly. Wish him the best, he's only 26! Hell, most millennials I know still binge drink during the week and live at home with their parents so by that comparison he's doing great!

Hell, most millennials I know still binge drink during the week and live at home with their parents so by that comparison he's doing great!

Ha, so damn true

not sure what you know to draw this conclusion. it would stand to reason that, if he was able to be a stud when he wasn't taking care of himself or taking his job seriously, that he could do it when he is rehabilitated and working hard at his job.

i've put him at the end of my bench in a dynasty. not really counting on him, but hopeful that, out of a group of corey davis, mike williams, john brown, and gordon i end up with 2 or 3 studs in the next year or 2

I draw my conclusion from watching NFL and sports in general my entire life. He could come back and be an above average WR, but he will never, ever, ever be "that guy" again.

i guess if you're saying he will never be the nfl's leading receiver again, then that's probably a pretty safe statement. the odds of his doing that again were probably fairly low even if he had never taken time off. not sure i would state that there is absolutely no chance. but a pretty safe statement to make

but this is a fantasy football board. if he gets reinstated might he be top 20 in a fantasy sense? given the browns foreseeable cast, i think he'd at least get the chance. and they've got a qb that throws a great deep ball...

i think, generally, in a redraft and absent a very large bench, he's too much of a speculative play for my tastes. but in a keeper or dynasty where you have the room? hell why not stash?

I draw my conclusion from watching NFL and sports in general my entire life. He could come back and be an above average WR, but he will never, ever, ever be "that guy" again.

His presence helped Coleman.

And that should continue, as teams will and should target him more and more going forward.

I think owning Coleman will be a big benefit going forward the next three weeks.

His presence helped Coleman.

And that should continue, as teams will and should target him more and more going forward.

I think owning Coleman will be a big benefit going forward the next three weeks.

Helped Coleman definitely, plus it helped Crowell. They got a legit WR duo when the QB gets it to them

Yeah I agree, it helps a lot in the running game also.

Tough tough lost for the Browns.

I really thought they had that one.

Josh Gordon is 100% done. You don't take off 3-4 seasons and come back from that. Guy is a ###### bum.

Interesting.

How long does it last though?

Im stuck with cleveland being 1 of the few games they air at a time in Ohio, if they had an accurate QB Gordon would be a horse out of the gate. He was getting separation from game 1 which I thought he would need a few games to play at the level he is. I also noticed he seems to be a team player in his actions, not so sure about the young pups like Coleman being smart enough to be receptive. As a team they look better, but they found a way to lose again.

Josh Gordon is 100% done. You don't take off 3-4 seasons and come back from that. Guy is a ###### bum.

Guess he is proving a lot of people wrong.

Usable vs baltimore?

Well, Pittsburgh smoked them through the air. But that's Pittsburgh. But then again Balt is now without Jimmy Smith. So I'm saying he is a WR2 play. I'm still struggling with playing him over Evans this week like I did last week.

Well, Pittsburgh smoked them through the air. But that's Pittsburgh. But then again Balt is now without Jimmy Smith. So I'm saying he is a WR2 play. I'm still struggling with playing him over Evans this week like I did last week.

He's currently in my flex. Only possible other options I'd consider from my bench would be Barber (if he were to be named the starter) and...well, I guess that's it. Starting over Doctson, Goodwin, Coleman, Forte, and Rod Smith/Alf Morris (starting one of those two, whichever one is still the starter).

You know, I guess I might consider both Morris and Smith, one at RB and flexing one over Gordon. Maybe.

I have Gordon in the flex right now.

I also have Tate and Landry but I don't like either of their matchups.

Im debating starting him over Tyreek Hill. (I also have Julio and Allen). Hill is sketchy with the Chargers secondary on tap and Gordon seems like he has a good chance to post good numbers against the Ravens without Jimmy Smith.