Sign in to follow this  
ric0

What to do w/ Russell

4pt TD league.

The O-line in Seattle is miserable.

It's not giving RW enough time to throw the ball.

Is it too early to cut bait?

Wire alternatives include Siemian, Kizer, A Smith, and Goff.

I am benching him for Siemian. As a homer I am hopeful that is running yards continue to rise and the O line might improve. But that could be another month out before he is worth starting. 2 weeks in Siemain (on my bench) has more than twice the points, so rolling with him.

If you have the space to keep him I would, but if not then I'm not sure you have a choice.

Atleast they don't have the worst Oline, that's what I saw tonight with the Gmen.

Wentz and Siemian seem to be decent replacement candidates as do Bradford (who may be back soon) and maybe even Smith ?

Which O-line does the best at protecting its QB ? PHI or DEN ? Might as well throw in MIN and KC ?

It's probably too simplistic to look at sacks yielded - MIN has only given up 1, PHI 2, KC 3, and DEN 4 - because, for one thing, SEA has only yielded 3.

Another angle of the Wilson dilemma that bothers me is that other than Baldwin, I'm not very excited about the weapons he has to throw to (Graham ailing). Whereas the Bradford to Diggs and Thielen connections are very dynamic, provided he returns to the helm soon. Siemian has two trusty vets in Thomas and Sanders. Wentz has Jeffery and Ertz.

Agree, Graham isn't even worth having on a roster.

They have lots of problems.

I watched the last Sea game and you guys need to know that one of his receivers dropped a gimme TD earlier in the game, so he easily could have been near 20 pts.

If you want to bench him for a safer option I get it, but youre crazy to drop him entirely.

Gotta drop him. Don't have room. That OL is gonna take time to improve. While that is happening Wilson and Graham hold little value. Maybe, just maybe, with Carson getting hot that could add some value.

I watched the last Sea game and you guys need to know that one of his receivers dropped a gimme TD earlier in the game, so he easily could have been near 20 pts.

If you want to bench him for a safer option I get it, but youre crazy to drop him entirely.

They dropped 2. 1 from Prosise and 1 from Mcevoy. Both of those drops led to the first 2 field goals.

They also had 3 drops that would've been first downs, on third down. That obviously led to 3 punts.

I'd call it a wait and see right now for fantasy. They still have a favorable first half schedule. Plus he has historically had a better second half, than first half.

They dropped 2. 1 from Prosise and 1 from Mcevoy. Both of those drops led to the first 2 field goals.

They also had 3 drops that would've been first downs, on third down. That obviously led to 3 punts.

I'd call it a wait and see right now for fantasy. They still have a favorable first half schedule. Plus he has historically had a better second half, than first half.

even better; thanks for adding that.

If you can get Wentz then I would do that in a heartbeat. It's not that Wentz is better than Wilson but any QB with modest talent that throws it 40+ times a game is going to be a fantasy stud.

Seattle homer here and I love Wilson but our offensive coordinator is a moron and Carroll is obsessed with power running ball control offense even when we don't have the personnel to implement it. Through two games there is a situation that comes up continously and the Seattle offense looks much better in, the 2min drill. Until the light goes on and they add some up tempo packages or the O-line improves the offense is a fantasy wasteland. Carson and Baldwin are the only two Seahawks I would want on my roster.

If you can get Wentz then I would do that in a heartbeat. It's not that Wentz is better than Wilson but any QB with modest talent that throws it 40+ times a game is going to be a fantasy stud.

Seattle homer here and I love Wilson but our offensive coordinator is a moron and Carroll is obsessed with power running ball control offense even when we don't have the personnel to implement it. Through two games there is a situation that comes up continously and the Seattle offense looks much better in, the 2min drill. Until the light goes on and they add some up tempo packages or the O-line improves the offense is a fantasy wasteland. Carson and Baldwin are the only two Seahawks I would want on my roster.

I'm a Vikes homer and so you should know we had Bevell here before he became OC in Seattle, and we thought the same thing.

Then all of a sudden he's there, he gets Wilson at the helm, they win a SB, and everyone is thinking Bevell is now a hot head coach candidate.

And we're left back in MN thinking, "what the hell is going on here?" Did we miss something here or is this part of something bigger and he's just along for the ride?

Glad to see you guys' now see what we saw, and that we didn't blow another opportunity after letting Billick, Dungy, and Tomlin all leave us to become super bowl head coaches soon after.

Seems like Seattle usually figure it out by mid to late season. I remember either last year or the year before.. Russell had a horrible start and finished the year strong.

Seems like Seattle usually figure it out by mid to late season. I remember either last year or the year before.. Russell had a horrible start and finished the year strong.

Both years. Last year he had that injury that he played with but it clearly affected him. When he got back to normal he was something like the 3rd most points. Year before he fell off the map til midseason then proceeded to have the best half season in QB history pretty much. Check the game logs it was unreal.

I agree on both counts

Another year, another Bevell gots to go rant. Even the year we won the super bowl, I hated him that year too. This f0cking guy has gots to go.

And your right. Through 2 games so far. They look really good in hurry up mode.

A run, hike, and go. Even the line seems to perform well.

I've been screaming all year for them to go no-hudle more often.

I've always been in the middle on Bevell, but it's now time for him and Cable to go. This offense is unacceptable.

Until the O line gets better things will stay the same. Unfortunately, I have Baldwin who is not working. I did the opposite and just told the draft site what to draft by position and said first three rounds go WR started at 5 - I get Julio, Hilton and Baldwin - if the first two games are any indication it will be a LONG season. I have started Fitz in place of Hilton, and he has been worthless.

I now have to have Russell have MVP season and pulling Baldwin with him. UGH

Hopefully this week will be a sign of things to come. They really need to run a no huddle up tempo get the ball out quick offense and take some downfield shots on occasion. Lots of screen passes to CJP and the WRs as an extension of the run game. Sprinkle in a few designed QB runs and you could mask the OL issues.

So they will gain 6 yards and punt.

Nope I don't think that will work for very long.