Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

how far in advance are you playing?

There is a team in my main league that always seemed to make moves that did not really seem to make sense. Why do they have 3 defenses? Why did they just make that trade it does not really seem to help their team? How can they be making these odd moves and still be successful? I took me while to figure it out. They were working the waivers and making trades 2 or 3 weeks in advance to cover bye weeks and bad match ups. I was a guy that would just take the best player available or waited till I needed something before I added it. I tried their method last season and it worked out well for me. Now going into week 3 and I'm already looking at weeks 6 and 7 trying to figure my best options to cover bye weeks.

Not this year really. I may be quitting ffball altogether after this season, so my activity level has fallen a bit. Although I probably still lead the league's in trade offers, or I am really close

Week to week.

I look all the way to the end of the year.

My high-dollar league is heavily weighted for QBs, and I usually draft Drew Brees as my QB. I have won the last two years with him, but this year I specifically drafted Matt Ryan for his FF playoff schedule (Week 14 New Orleans, Week 15 TB, Week 16 New Orleans). :wub:

Too difficult to predict what teams will be beyond a few weeks. A defense might lose its playmakers and be worthless by the time you need them. 2-3 weeks max is what I'd prepare for.

I'd say don't try to get too cute and think multiple weeks in advance.

I got burned last year in a trade I made in like Week 8 or 9 or so because everyone said you have to, have to, have to trade for Mike Evans because his fantasy playoff schedule was so easy. I traded Jordy Nelson and Christine Michael for Evans, and most people in the league were livid because they thought it was so much in my favor.

Come playoff time though it was Jordy that got the TDs even in his "tough matchups," instead of Evans, and I had to settle for 3rd place.